The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Old 2008-04-20, 06:50 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Re: Very Bad Trader: newtdecay

It's none of our faults that you don't work or don't have a job....that is your personal business and preferrence and a sad thing to bring in to justify your position & tardiness. You already knew you were on other bad-traders lists so why B&P if you can't work within a reasonable amount of time? Besides, if you don't work, why do you let someone else pay for you to be on the internet and still take B&P's you can't be timely on?

I work, have a 3yr. old daughter, and I am poor...but I manage myself within limits I can swing....if I can't I say so....I don't take someone's money so I can eat without delivering what I promised when I promised. I share music freely as I received it. If someone wants to pay shipping both ways then fine, I can live with that but I don't force the issue as I was in their shoes at one time when looking for items that no-one would give me without $20.00USD or more coming out of my pocket to theirs....now THAT is a shame.

I am not trying to be mean to you but I think you need to figure out what and when you can do things and stick to it, otherwise you may not even have accounts at websites where people do trade because your actions don't really show you care about anyone else's situation but your own.

We all have problems....it's when they interfere with what we find fun that starts turning things sour.

Peace
Old 2008-04-21, 02:50 PM
Christian5150
49.05 MB/52.19 KB/0.00

Re: Very Bad Trader: newtdecay

Just came back from the Post Office and indeed it costs $4.00 to send 5 DVD'S to the U.S.
Calculate the bubble envelope,the runaround to the Post Office(because you have to fill in the Duty slip)the time to burn the stuff,Heck its worth more than $4.00.
Anyhow if you guys agreed and worked it out like that,You need to receive your DVD'S.Its should be like EBAY-A done deal!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-05-02, 10:27 PM
220.62 GB/166.04 GB/0.75

Re: EXCELLENT TRADER: NEWTDECAY from Canada

Excellent trader. Very easy to work with and very fast to post item.

Highly recommended.
Old 2008-05-03, 04:17 PM
477.55 GB/482.62 GB/1.01

A+ dude
Old 2008-06-13, 10:57 AM
38.30 GB/42.45 GB/1.11

great trader
very fast also he has a great list
he is a A++ trader
Old 2008-12-22, 01:49 AM
86.73 GB/17.09 GB/0.20

Re: Questionable Trader: newtdecay

Has anyone heard from him lately? I see he hasn't logged into TTD for a few months now. We have a trade going back 6 months that hasn't been fulfilled from his end. I checked his feedback on here and on his etree list before doing the trade, and I figured he was a slow trader, but I can deal with that.....I'm not in a rush. He acknowledged having received our discs, and said that he had sent ours, but we never did receive them. A couple of months later we agreed that he would resend, and I offered to send him some extras for his goodwill of having to redo them (I hate when something goes "missing" in the mail - I know it is generally a given that the sender should bite the bullet and resend at their cost, but it's a toughie for me, cos I always feel bad that they have had to pay twice discs and twice postage, so I always offer some more stuff as a thanks).

We agreed on this, and then he dropped off the scene. I have written several emails and PMd thru TTD, but haven't heard back. As I said, I figured it wouldn't be a fast trade based on the feedback.....but that made no difference to me. There has been no action on his etree list for several months either.

If anyone knows what has happened with him, please get in touch with me or ask him to get in touch. First and foremost, I guess I just want to make sure he's actually ok. Secondly, I wouldn't mind receiving the discs we agreed on.....I'm not bitter and twisted about it - I'm not one of these traders that jumps up and down if a few discs don't show - we all get burned occasionally - this particular trade was 15 discs, and all except one was for my husband, so it'd be nice to get them for him.

Thanks for any help.
Old 2009-01-06, 03:10 AM
86.73 GB/17.09 GB/0.20

I just wanted to update here. I have just received an email of apology from the above trader. He said that he is highly embarrassed about this particular trade and a couple of others, and he sounded genuinely sorry that I hadn't received the discs yet. He said he has mailed out the packages late last week, so I should expect to receive them within the next couple of weeks. I've always said I have no worries with waiting on a trade - communication is the key, and he has now updated me - so I'm happy. I will post here to confirm when I have received the DVDs so that y'all know everything's good.

Cheers, Jude
Old 2009-01-11, 07:18 PM
1.20 TB/2.75 TB/2.30

Newtdecay is a great trader. Very fast with great discs. Can't wait to do another trade with him.

My feedback: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=56477

Comics, movies and more - http://thetelltalemind.com/
Old 2009-11-28, 09:06 PM
1.20 TB/2.75 TB/2.30

So another trade was set up. I sent my discs, he needed me to make another couple of picks as he couldn't copy a couple. No problem. One week goes by. Another and another. This is week 6 or 7 now. I live close enough that it should take a day or two for the mail to arrive. No communication from him even though I email him every Friday asking for a reply and the status of my discs. I gave him until next Friday before I label him a bad trader. If he replies before then and I get my discs I will erase all of this and label him a good trader.

This trade just boggles me.

Old 2009-12-10, 09:46 PM
1.20 TB/2.75 TB/2.30

Been so long now with no response I have to say he took my discs and ran.

Very unprofessional and discourteous. Maybe good once, but bad trader now.

Old 2009-12-16, 12:09 PM
86.73 GB/17.09 GB/0.20

Geoff, I had the exact same experience.....heaps of communication, and then none. No replies to my messages for months. I'd written it off as a bad trade, then suddenly I receive an email out of the blue, apologizing, and saying that the discs would be on the way. They did indeed arrive in the end - probably about 6 months after I had sent his discs? I too am baffled by the whole no communication/no send discs deal, but it seems he always comes through in the end....very puzzling, but hang in there!!

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders