The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2011-08-27, 11:40 PM
1.07 TB/1.30 TB/1.22

Connections being counted wrong

When I look at my torrent stats, it shows multiple instances (up to 3) of torrents that I'm seeding, even though I'm only actually seeding one instance of each, and is showing some torrents that I'm not seeding. I think it's highly unlikely that someone else is doing this using my account.

This is keeping me from seeding some torrents that are still active.

Can something be done about this?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-08-28, 09:46 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Connections being counted wrong

Right now, I cannot see you connected to any torrents, so I can't take a look and see what is going on. Just make sure you are using a reliable client that isn't changing ports on you all the time (if it's a different port, then it's a different connection) and make sure when you are done seeding, you hit the Stop button to tell the tracker you have stopped - don't just close the torrent client because that doesn't send a message to the tracker.

Old 2011-08-31, 11:00 AM
1.07 TB/1.30 TB/1.22

Re: Connections being counted wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
don't just close the torrent client because that doesn't send a message to the tracker.
Okay. That explains it - it's Hurricane Irene's fault. I had a couple of shutdowns Saturday from brief power outages (which closed my client real fast). Then power went out for good Sun AM until Wednesday AM - so I really wasn't connected any more.

And I'd have never seen it before since I rarely seed more than one or two at a time.

Thanks for your time.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble