The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-30, 02:34 PM
113.05 GB/65.47 GB/0.58

DVD Menu wont play

i downloaded some dvds from this site and those menu's all dont work..
when i open the dvd the different parts of the menu are being played after each other.. and than the concert starts

i can't use the menu, so am i doing something wrong? or are these dvds made with crappy menu's? i checked other dvds (retail) and those menu's all work.

would love to get some help.. just the thought of editing all menu's makes me crazy haha although i know how to...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-30, 02:49 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: DVD Menu wont play

Do they not work when you play them on your computer? What application are you using to play them on your computer? What OS are you running? What software did you use to burn them? And have you successfully burned any other DVDs using this software and the menu works?

Old 2007-01-30, 04:05 PM
113.05 GB/65.47 GB/0.58

i use powerdvd, but mediaplayerclassic and bsplayer the same result. i didnt burn them yet cause i want to know whats the problem before i burn them

i use windows xp, nero to burn

i never had these problems before, all my other dvds work fine.. so only with the dvds i downloaded from this site and dimeadozen i get this none working menu's
Old 2007-01-30, 04:51 PM
113.05 GB/65.47 GB/0.58

well i just burned one and see what happens.. well it works all fine.. very strange... so a burned one plays fine and on the ones on harddisk not.. well at least they work pfff haha
Old 2007-01-30, 04:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You may want to try to use VLC from videolan.org . It's a pretty good DVD player. Maybe your menus will work using that application. (I'm not a PC user, but are all those other players you listed *DVD* players, not just video players?)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble