The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-08-17, 10:54 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Are we to assume that all bootlegs with or without a company name are all produced as Silvers?
Hmm, well, no. There are some recent bootlegs that are simply CD-Rs. There is a name for that, and it escapes me at the moment. But, they are simply mass made as CD-Rs, but come with artwork and a booklet.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-08-17, 11:58 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
There is a name for that, and it escapes me at the moment.
I believe "weaselly crap" may be the words you're looking for.

The CD-R bootlegs started back in the 1990s. There are evn a few CD-R only "labels." Can't hink of any by name at the moment, but I remember at least one used to run big ads in the back of Goldmine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2008-08-17, 05:28 PM
1.04 TB/6.52 TB/6.25

Quote:
Hmm, well, no. There are some recent bootlegs that are simply CD-Rs. There is a name for that, and it escapes me at the moment. But, they are simply mass made as CD-Rs, but come with artwork and a booklet.
I have a John Lennon bootleg and the publisher is Green Grape, how do I know if it was produced as a Silver? Is there some list that the mods use to decide? or a place to confirm lineage? www.bootlegzone offers only the tracks and the cover.

Thanks, Paul
Old 2008-08-17, 06:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
I have a John Lennon bootleg and the publisher is Green Grape, how do I know if it was produced as a Silver? Is there some list that the mods use to decide? or a place to confirm lineage? www.bootlegzone offers only the tracks and the cover.

Thanks, Paul
No, I wish we had some super-duper bootleg file that would answer all our questions. Unfortunately, we just have to use our awesome Google skills. However, my googling led me to this site where they list the Green Grape show as coming from a "bootleg CD" as compared to other shows coming from Silver CD. My mad google skills are letting me down here cuz I'm not getting any good hits when googling this - green grapes seems to be a term associated more with wine than with bootlegs! Anyway, if you have something that has artwork but is a CD, it could very well be a Bootleg CD (funnily enough, that was the term eluding me this morning, not "weaselly crap" ).

Old 2008-08-26, 02:08 AM
1.34 TB/2.25 TB/1.68

"weaselly crap" is still a good phrase, though......
Old 2008-11-10, 07:15 AM
Looking to lock me up ?
659.06 GB/1.72 TB/2.68

Hi,
I downloaded a show years and years ago, and was thinking about sharing it here, but I have a few problems with the linage.

I know it's from an FM broadcast, and I've looked at all the other people who have the show as well on etree, and none of them can give an exact linage. I never received it on CDR but it must have been at some point.
Sooo I came up with this:
FM SBD > CDR(x) > Unknown transfer > flac

will it do, or should I just keep the boot to myself ?

I have of course checked the quality and there is no diginoise or gaps on the tracks..

thanks
Old 2008-11-10, 09:15 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardry007 View Post
Hi,
I downloaded a show years and years ago, and was thinking about sharing it here, but I have a few problems with the linage.

I know it's from an FM broadcast, and I've looked at all the other people who have the show as well on etree, and none of them can give an exact linage. I never received it on CDR but it must have been at some point.
Sooo I came up with this:
FM SBD > CDR(x) > Unknown transfer > flac

will it do, or should I just keep the boot to myself ?

I have of course checked the quality and there is no diginoise or gaps on the tracks..

thanks
For older shows that is perfectly acceptable lineage especially since you did some homework and looked around. Go for it!

Old 2008-11-10, 10:33 AM
Looking to lock me up ?
659.06 GB/1.72 TB/2.68

Quote:
For older shows that is perfectly acceptable lineage especially since you did some homework and looked around. Go for it!
Thanks for the quick response
Old 2008-11-16, 05:33 AM
62.28 GB/57.05 GB/0.92

i uploaded a show but my it won't seed. says failure-too many connections. this does not sound right. help!!!
Old 2008-11-16, 10:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin boccuto View Post
i uploaded a show but my it won't seed. says failure-too many connections. this does not sound right. help!!!
I suspect that you did not download the torrent file from the thread and thus you were trying to seed with a non-personalized torrent file and getting a tracker error.

(You really should start a thread for problems since this thread is aimed towards lineage issues for seeders. Also, your torrent threads were pulled, which will also give a tracker error. You really need to read over our Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy and make sure your seeds conform to the rules we have set up.)

Old 2009-03-17, 07:42 PM
10.88 GB/12.78 GB/1.17

Hi!

There is a dead torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...traits+cologne

Somebody ask for a reseed (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=70977)

I got that show as well, but it looks like I got this from a different source (I dunno where I downloaded it).

The infofile I got is not that good:
Quote:
DIRE STRAITS

ROCKPALAST 1979

[...]tracklist[...]

Studio-L. Cologne, Germany, 16th February 1979.

Additional comments:
This soundboard recording has absolute amazing sound!

Original Bootleg
EAC to WAVE, to FLAC, to U.
Is it still ok if I upload it because I dont have any information about "original bootleg"?
Old 2009-03-17, 09:49 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

It looks to me like it is a different source, so it isn't exactly the same as the original which is why the source information is not as complete. You can probably do a google search to see if you can find out more information on the original bootleg that your files are from.

Old 2009-03-18, 06:51 AM
10.88 GB/12.78 GB/1.17

Quote:
It looks to me like it is a different source, so it isn't exactly the same as the original which is why the source information is not as complete. You can probably do a google search to see if you can find out more information on the original bootleg that your files are from.
I already did. I found more than one tracklist for bootlegs with the same name as mine, but no tracklist fits. The only thing which really fits (by the setlist) is a video. Maybe it is better to ask a real dire straits pro to upload the best version
Old 2009-03-18, 12:29 PM
LaRue by Night
15.47 GB/128.78 GB/8.33

Question Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

not sure if this is the right thread for this question...
i've searched the FAQ and wasn't able to come up w/ a solution to my dilemma.

after attempting this a.m. to get back on some shows i've uploaded for seeding purposes, my Bit Torrent client is showing my status at 0% and begins DL'ing two of the shows all over again as if i don't already have them:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=70331
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=70693

yet this one reloaded and is seeding just fine:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=70597

i've done nothing to alter any of these shows' particular folders though i have deleted other files/folders within the master folder where i keep all the music on my harddrive (hope that makes sense), not sure if that makes a difference.

this is also occurring for shows that i've previously DL'd but had been seeding for the past couple of weeks... haven't relocated any of the folders in question.

sorry if this is a redundant topic, couldn't find anything specific to this matter... thanks so much.

scott
Old 2009-03-18, 01:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey Scott, take a look at this faq item, it may help you - I'm trying to seed my show but I keep showing up as a leecher, not a seeder. Help!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble