The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-10-23, 12:46 PM
610.35 GB/661.45 GB/1.08

Why are we here?

I`ve just watched Jimi Hendrix pulled for being "lossy" and yet there is 5 pages of thanks for this set. Can`t we have a seperate thread for lossy files? After all, lossy Hendrix is better than no Hendrix. Ask the 5 pages of fans who wanted it and were denied by the "admin" This is not a putdown of this amazing site, just a serious question.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-23, 01:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Why are we here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFrie
I`ve just watched Jimi Hendrix pulled for being "lossy" and yet there is 5 pages of thanks for this set. Can`t we have a seperate thread for lossy files? After all, lossy Hendrix is better than no Hendrix. Ask the 5 pages of fans who wanted it and were denied by the "admin" This is not a putdown of this amazing site, just a serious question.
Sorry, but this is a lossless site and we intend it to stay that way. There are plenty of sites for lossy stuff. If you want lossy, just go to those sites.

Old 2007-10-23, 01:54 PM
Trader Dave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Sorry, but this is a lossless site and we intend it to stay that way. There are plenty of sites for lossy stuff. If you want lossy, just go to those sites.
Why would you need to go to another site and look for lossy when you can find dvd's made from 30 year old betamax video tape here?
Old 2007-10-23, 04:47 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Quote:
Why are we here?
The way we can't answer where we come from and where we are heading to, makes your question a hard one.
Old 2007-10-24, 04:58 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

http://www.thetradersden.org/#statement
Quote:
Mission Statement
Welcome to The Traders' Den. We, the administrators, will be familiar faces to some, and new to others. Each of us have been involved in various trading communities for many years, and many have worked together on other trading sites. We have come together to create an online trading site with an entirely new ideology. This site will be geared towards a certain kind of collector: those who feel quality and integrity are important. Our policies will seem demanding to many users, but we have witnessed the decline in overall quality in many other trading circles due to lax restrictions. We offer a safe haven for traders frustrated with the dilution of quality in the trading pool, as well as our combined experience and devotion to helping new users enter an elite trading community.

Please read the seeding rules, FAQs, and linked tutorials for more information as to how we are employing our ideals to better serve traders of all music tastes. If there are any questions, comments, or ways we can help make the experience more rewarding, please don't hesitate to post in our forums or message one of us.

Quality is not an option in the seeds here, it will be the standard.

Old 2007-10-24, 08:37 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
I`ve just watched Jimi Hendrix pulled for being "lossy" and yet there is 5 pages of thanks for this set.
Those two things aren't related.

believe me, that exact scenario comes up a lot and figures into our decisions to pull stuff... we don't just yank... there is usually a lengthy discussion and some sort of consensus before any action is taken. We try pretty hard to be light handed and I can tell you from being part of it, that leniency is more common than hard-ass moderation. In many cases, this is started by users reporting issues with the torrents rather than us looking for the problems. I can tell you that ALL reports are thoughly checked out. I'd say action is taken on about 50% of them.. in others cases we find a reason to allow the torrent to stay. That's right - we look for reasons to LEAVE the torrent in every case...

but, lossy is lossy, has no defense and there's no place for it here.
Old 2007-11-29, 08:27 PM
Not Toys
2.51 GB/4.17 GB/1.66

Quote:
Why are we here?

and for how long?

Then I raised my head and stared...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions