The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-22, 10:54 PM
albert_pa1***
148.74 GB/101.90 GB/0.69

I NEED HELP TO TRANSFER VHS TO MY PC OR PC TO MINI DV

hi everyone i'ld like some help is my first time to do this , i have all software mean my vhs , firewire ..... but i need to know which is the best program where i can get or buy it for make a few transfer and get a really nice quality

please help me up

Transfer from DVD, Video CD and S-VCD (NTSC- USA) to VHS videotape (NTSC)

Transfer from DVD, Video CD and S-VCD (NTSC - USA) to Mini DV digital videotape (NTSC).

Conversion from VHS (NTSC - USA) to DVD (NTSC) - STANDARD GRADE
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-23, 09:51 AM
296.79 GB/95.16 GB/0.32

Re: I NEED HELP TO TRANSFER VHS TO MY PC OR PC TO MINI DV

I'm not trying to be mean, but the first going from VCD, SVCD, DVD to MiniDV really would serve no purpose. They are all very compressed compared to what MiniDV uses and with VCD and SVCD they are VERY compressed with a smaller aspect ratio (video size) than MiniDV. If you want to transfer to VHS because a VCR is all you have available at one location you just need a DVD player that will read VCD and SVCD. the use regular RCA cables hooked from the DVD player into a VCR and record. However, if you are dealing with any copyrighted DVD's they will not record properly. If its home authored music stuff you have no worries. Like I said though, the only reason to convert any of these to VHS is if you have nothing else but a VCR at the place you want to watch these.

For VHS to DVD your simplest method is to get a set top DVD recorder and plug the VCR inputs into th recorder, pop in a blank disc, and go.
Old 2007-01-24, 05:49 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

for analog-to-digital transfers [such as VHS-to-DVD], you will need a VCR, an A>D converter, and editing?authoring software
1. although a consumer-level VCR will work, its not going to give you the best results, especially with older &/or worn out tapes...a higher end SVHS or "editing deck" is typically yer best route
2. for inexpensive A>D converters, Canopus' devices are gonna do a decent job...they have a few models under the Canopus ADVC line
3. depending on what OS yer runinng...for Mac, the Final Cut Pro [capture & editing] & DVD Studio Pro [authoring]...for PC, you've got more choices, such as Sony's production suite or Adobe Premiere/Encore
Old 2007-01-27, 01:01 AM
albert_pa1***
148.74 GB/101.90 GB/0.69

thks dude i'll try

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble