The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2015-05-12, 01:09 AM
188.26 GB/1.56 TB/8.48

Question Why did this Prince torrent get pulled?

Hi Members,

Does anyone know why this torrent got pulled? It was only posted a few weeks ago. I would seed it back 3 or 4 times or more if I can grab it.

The Traders' Den > Music Downloading > Audio Torrents > Pulled Audio Torrents

Posted by; mikedreams 2015-04-23, 01:49 AM

Prince And The Revolution - 1986-09-09 Stadium, Yokohama JP ["Septembre" - The Last Parade Show] (FLAC) (RESEED)

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=117404
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-05-12, 03:38 PM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Re: Why did this Prince torrent get pulled?

No lineage? No indication of what was used to rip the CDs to FLAC?

Something like that....
Old 2015-05-13, 04:19 AM
188.26 GB/1.56 TB/8.48

Thanks for your reply GRC.

I think you're right.
Old 2015-05-14, 08:59 PM
fade on the downbeat
56.75 GB/125.05 GB/2.20

Because Prince is the King of cease of desist. I have been fighting with his organization for six months over a Booker T. Jones video where Booker paid Prince a little homage and they screamed copyright infringement.

while that is actually my issue, yours is as previously stated. Get with the TTD standards/
Above all, recognize that everything you know is a flat-out lie or is only relatively true in certain restricted and unpleasant situations. ~ Robert Hunter
Old 2015-05-19, 09:50 AM
714.05 GB/727.24 GB/1.02

Get with yourself.

Only shows from 2005 must have full lineage.

It was pulled at my request when I discovered someone else had already uploaded the CD (and it was still seeding), but they had first CHANGED the name of the CD to "September," plus they did not list the venue or city in the title either, so it did not come up when I made my searches. I pointed it out to the mods. But I guess it is OK to change the names of CD's here because it still stands as is, anglicized, wrong.
Old 2015-05-19, 05:00 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Icon4 Re: Why do any torrents get pulled? Mods should explain it

I sure do wish that mods that pull a torrent would cite which rules are being broken to actually teach n00b uploaders what they're doing wrong. Without a clear reason for each torrent being stated as the last post for that closed thread, sometimes it looks like a total mystery as to why it got pulled (especially to a newer user who's not totally set clear on all our tougher rules)...

I kinda think it ought to be a rule that a mod should take a few seconds more when pulling a torrent, to a) justify their actions for pulling a torrent, and b) to educate posters as to what they're doing wrong, and c) so threads like this one don't need to be made just to ask "WHY???"

I've reported a torrent or two here when I see that it clearly breaks TTD rules. I then like to make a post in the thread saying what I see wrong with the post because I know that most mods here don't do that. They really REALLY should, IMHO...

MODS: Please, guys, in the interest of education and clarity, please start posting clear reasons why you pull torrents! It creates confusion and anger when it isn't explained... Thanks in advance!
Old 2015-05-19, 08:00 PM
For cryin' out loud !
253.11 GB/484.93 GB/1.92

sounds like a valid request to me.

jr.

But what if the one guy is right and the 10,000 is wrong

Remember to give the Staff/mods and everyone all the respect they have earned !
Old 2015-05-21, 02:05 PM
610.35 GB/661.45 GB/1.08

An Excellent Suggestion!
What do the "Mods" think?
(Assuming they`re capable!)
Old 2015-05-22, 07:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

They usually do leave a note about why the torrent was pulled unless the OP themselves asked to have it pulled. I can only think that they were busy at the moment and pulled it and forgot to leave a post.

Old 2015-05-23, 01:57 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Icon4 Re: Why did this Prince torrent get pulled? Mods should say so in every pulled thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
They usually do leave a note about why the torrent was pulled unless the OP themselves asked to have it pulled. I can only think that they were busy at the moment and pulled it and forgot to leave a post.
I bring it up because I seem to see many pulled posts with no posts explaining why. The other side of that is that I've seen pulled threads that have the last post say that it was pulled at seeder's request...

It feels like it happens a lot. I really think it creates confusion with the newer folks here. How can anybody learn something in the best way that there is - by learning from your mistakes - if you aren't told what you did wrong???

I think that if a mod is too busy to make a quick last post to a pulled thread, they're probably too busy to pull the thread in the first place, if not too busy to be a mod! haha

Having said all that, I realize it's all volunteer time and being a mod is often a thankless job. So, to the mods: thank you! I hope you all can find the little bit of extra time to do this little extra thing in the interest of furthering TTD's higher standard of standardness, and keep educating people who post bad torrents.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble