The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2022-02-16, 01:39 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.94 TB/9.77

Re: Shame on you, admins

You tell 'em, Lynne!
Old 2022-02-18, 01:20 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwhale View Post
And who tf are you, Jerry boy?
I'm a cop, you idiot. I'm Detective John Kimble.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-02-18, 01:22 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Actually, shame on you for being such a sourpuss, and an ignorant one at that. Do you actually think we LIKE having server issues?!? If you had actually bothered to ask about what is going on (instead of acting like an entitled asshat), I would have told you. We need to update our server software. And that means, we have to update our forum software. The last time we updated our server software, I did all the php updates to our forum software. It took me a few months to sort it all out and get it tested last time (thanks again to all the testers!). It's been a few years since I have done much php coding and I really don't feel like I can handle doing that all again. If you are volunteering to take that on, then I am more that willing to help you get a stand alone website going (on your own computer that will need to be running php and mysql, of course). If not, then really, shut your ignorant trap up and learn to be a nice person and thankful that you have a free website where you can download some pretty awesome shows that users share for free with you.

Thank you to all the rest of you who put up with the ups and downs of our server but grumble about it in a much nicer way.
Old 2022-02-27, 12:32 AM
36.35 GB/63.57 GB/1.75

..z1a0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TTD-user.jpg
( 70.9 KB, 371 views)

Old 2022-03-01, 11:37 PM
Fuck 2024
1.58 TB/3.23 TB/2.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwhale View Post
Fix your goddamn website. Every time a request is made, there's an error and the website crashes. Every time I upload torrent or event download torrent file, I have to wait for error and refresh the page.
Shame on you, admins!
I bet you're real popular around here.

~Dorothy Parker
Old 2022-03-04, 05:53 PM
369.31 GB/270.19 GB/0.73

Amazing how many people find something to complain about when getting great music for free
Old 2022-04-05, 10:44 AM
12.16 GB/1.09 GB/0.09

I had just made a different thread, did not realize this one was here. Sorry about that. Wish I was better at PHP myself but sadly I'm a HTML/CSS guy. I know enough PHP to be dangerous LOL.
Old 2022-04-06, 10:52 AM
I'm the host of WTF news
19.33 GB/22.65 GB/1.17

Don't put Shame on the Admins!

Let's have passion for the admins guys. In my books, they're very helpful people. NOTHING needs to be blamed on them.

When it comes to every time a request is made, and then there's an error and the website crashes and every time you upload torrents or even download torrent files, and you have to wait for error to get fixed and refresh the page, be patient about this stuff! It is NOT at all the admins fault! It is just an accident that randomly occurs! If you're that impatient about that kind of stuff, get a new computer for crap sake or a new wifi router or a new phone or whatever you use!

Y'all have a good day!

Last edited by MusicWizard04; 2022-04-06 at 11:10 AM.
Old 2022-04-06, 01:32 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Don't put Shame on the Admins!

1.5/10
Old 2022-04-06, 03:11 PM
I'm the host of WTF news
19.33 GB/22.65 GB/1.17

This message deserves 10/10 because the admins deserve respect. They're very helpful people.
Old 2022-04-06, 08:07 PM
I'm the host of WTF news
19.33 GB/22.65 GB/1.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicWizard04 View Post
This message deserves 10/10 because the admins deserve respect. They're very helpful people.
Sorry, meant to say "My message deserves 10/10 because the admins deserve respect. They're very helpful people."
Old 2022-04-15, 10:08 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Death, Taxes, and being met with "The connection was reset" error when trying to post.
Old 2022-04-16, 02:49 AM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.94 TB/9.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicWizard04 View Post
Let's have passion for the admins guys. In my books, they're very helpful people. NOTHING needs to be blamed on them.

When it comes to every time a request is made, and then there's an error and the website crashes and every time you upload torrents or even download torrent files, and you have to wait for error to get fixed and refresh the page, be patient about this stuff! It is NOT at all the admins fault! It is just an accident that randomly occurs! If you're that impatient about that kind of stuff, get a new computer for crap sake or a new wifi router or a new phone or whatever you use!

Y'all have a good day!
Except it is a sofware problem with the site...nothing to do with the users' computers, routers, or phones.
Old 2022-06-13, 02:35 AM
TTD VIP
567.29 GB/2.37 TB/4.28

OK, I'm a moderately generous uploader, and my complaining is usually in private with mostly DCbullet (sorry about that DC). I'm closing in on 1200 uploads which are like 90% my own recordings so I may have earned a little right to complain publicly. The connection reset error is a plague on uploaders, and as I try to put up three samples when I upload the fact that it generates a second error that makes you go select the samples again makes sharing samples the worst part of the site for me. This can happen multiple time in a row too, 5 is the worst I've experienced. As a user and uploader, the fact that it no longer seems to calculate upload amounts properly always makes me paranoid. The search engine for torrents doesn't work properly (although telling it you are looking for an fm first seems to help). This is sometimes necessary for checking if a show that is not my own recording is on the system already. And of course for me (you too?) the Mark This Forum Read selection rarely works the first time. The fact that this is the only forum that allows Merlefest (be quiet about that) and that they let me change my nickname when I started uploading (in order to maintain anonymity) are all that are left of my good will and the temptation to move to DIME increases every time I have to Manage Attachments multiple times.

I hope this was polite enough, there is some underlying crankiness I can't seem to completely hide (a problem IRL too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryholmes View Post
Death, Taxes, and being met with "The connection was reset" error when trying to post.
Old 2022-06-13, 01:07 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.94 TB/9.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudFellow View Post
OK, I'm a moderately generous uploader, and my complaining is usually in private with mostly DCbullet (sorry about that DC). I'm closing in on 1200 uploads which are like 90% my own recordings so I may have earned a little right to complain publicly. The connection reset error is a plague on uploaders, and as I try to put up three samples when I upload the fact that it generates a second error that makes you go select the samples again makes sharing samples the worst part of the site for me. This can happen multiple time in a row too, 5 is the worst I've experienced. As a user and uploader, the fact that it no longer seems to calculate upload amounts properly always makes me paranoid. The search engine for torrents doesn't work properly (although telling it you are looking for an fm first seems to help). This is sometimes necessary for checking if a show that is not my own recording is on the system already. And of course for me (you too?) the Mark This Forum Read selection rarely works the first time. The fact that this is the only forum that allows Merlefest (be quiet about that) and that they let me change my nickname when I started uploading (in order to maintain anonymity) are all that are left of my good will and the temptation to move to DIME increases every time I have to Manage Attachments multiple times.

I hope this was polite enough, there is some underlying crankiness I can't seem to completely hide (a problem IRL too).

Well said, man! I have 2658 uploads here...and every time I add to that total I find myself asking "Why am I still here?". I had one the other day that took me 23 tries to attach the torrent file. And that's only the first step!!! I refuse to go to DIME, but it might be time to start looking at other sites.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions