The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-06-19, 04:59 PM
108.98 GB/121.08 GB/1.11

Convertx to dvd

Has anyone used convertx to dvd to create dvd video from .avi files? I have about 9Gb of .avi video on my hard drive that i want to convert to dvd video to watch on a home dvd player and i ran across this program. It looks solid but i'd like to get feedback from someone who has actually USED it before i pick the program up. My primary objective is to convert them to video and possibly create a simple menu to pick which individual video to watch. Or even a recommendation of another program would be great? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-19, 05:14 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

Re: Convertx to dvd

IIRC, tmpgenc will do this an allow you to make sweet menus too.
Old 2007-06-20, 04:01 PM
296.79 GB/95.16 GB/0.32

ConvertXToDVD is the ideal way to go if you are wanting to convert downloaded AVI files. The reason being is that these videos often have VBR MP3 audio which can wreak havoc and cause major issues with A/V sync when trying to recode to another format. ConvertXToDVD was made to handle the entire conversion process in one run and make any changes that need to be made to prevent sync problems. For what you are trying to do this is the best program to use.
Old 2007-06-21, 08:58 AM
108.98 GB/121.08 GB/1.11

Is it pretty user friendly? I am a fast learner and i'm good at picking up most things but i'm brand new to this kind of thing. Does convertx also burn the disc after converting or is that another process altogether?
Old 2007-06-21, 04:59 PM
477.22 GB/402.65 GB/0.84

It's very easy to use and straightforward. There is little you have to do. Besides creating a dvd, it burns one too. It's a great tool for making dvd's from avi, and it also creates the dvd without sync problems, unlike tmpng, which requires more work to get it right. It's great for making dvd from avi, but it is not software which you should use to create trade or torrentable dvd's because I think it reencodes your file. You should use it simply for personal use.
Old 2007-06-22, 08:47 AM
108.98 GB/121.08 GB/1.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepaul
It's very easy to use and straightforward. There is little you have to do. Besides creating a dvd, it burns one too. It's a great tool for making dvd's from avi, and it also creates the dvd without sync problems, unlike tmpng, which requires more work to get it right. It's great for making dvd from avi, but it is not software which you should use to create trade or torrentable dvd's because I think it reencodes your file. You should use it simply for personal use.
Thanks to everyone for the great info on this. Although i am new to this site, i am a fast learner and i know better than to trade or upload files that have been converted or reencoded. Just putting that out there, i wouldn't want to polute the trading pool. Thanks again to all who posted in here for your time and knowledge.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble