The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-10, 03:48 PM
Air Supplier
379.03 GB/968.32 GB/2.55

Re: TTD Staff: Why don't you follow your own rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
Good deal, for it's a certainty YOU ain't taping a motherfucking note of music whatsoever.

you are correct!! GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!

(I actually have taped shows but never shared them anywhere)

you know Arthur, with all of the ROIO's I've collected I can honestly state that I have not kept a single freezer tape because the SQ just doesn't cut it, always wondered if that's the result of multi-gens before they are torrented or the master recording
Old 2010-08-10, 04:30 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_them_all1000 View Post
Yeah, like requesting money for the recording?
Dont be naive.
You wouldnt have a lot of what you have in your collection if money wasnt exchanged to begin with.
Old 2010-08-10, 04:36 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
This statement has already been proven false 3 times in this thread.

Look, I agree that if someone uploads a show after promising not to, that's a dick move. However, that's those two traders' problem, that's not TTD's problem.
A trader screwing over another trader is one thing but a terrible policy is what we are talking about here and a general consensus among traders where filmers/tapers wishes are disrespected and thats a huge problem.
You should have the policy where a filmer can request a show of his taken down, regardless if that policy has been misused or abused before. You should on the side of the filmer and a filmer's wishes should supercede any Mod or any policy. Thats how it should be, thats how its always been because these are the ones who provide the material and they deserve the respect. I dont know how you could see it any differently.
Old 2010-08-10, 05:14 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex213 View Post
Alex's manifesto: GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!

Call me Alex, but softly......

you know me, I hates anyone that laughs at me for what I can't slide down my greedy gullet while spreading my hatred.........I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam, call me Alex, the queen of trolls, toot toot.

FTFY, ya goofy bastard.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2010-08-10, 05:38 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue
You should have the policy where a filmer can request a show of his taken down, regardless if that policy has been misused or abused before. You should on the side of the filmer and a filmer's wishes should supercede any Mod or any policy. Thats how it should be, thats how its always been because these are the ones who provide the material and they deserve the respect. I dont know how you could see it any differently.
1, The majority of Tapers understand what has already been pointed out and YOU are ignoring...once its given to anyone else, it's out of their hands, which is why it's pointless to put bs notes like 'don't torrent this on other sites or trade as is only, no mp3's'.
2, The only opinion that matters around here is Lynne's, so until she decides to change it, YOU can whine about it all YOU want...it ain't changing.
3, If you don't like the policy, there's nothing stopping you from starting your own site and enacting whatever rules you want.
Till then....
Old 2010-08-10, 05:51 PM
Quack
35.06 GB/41.66 GB/1.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex231 View Post
This 'ribs' thing is funny to maybe one person

Holy fucking shit.
I like ribs.
but... do you think it's funny?

Old 2010-08-10, 05:54 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

lazy quacker?!?

that is sexy
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2010-08-10, 05:55 PM
Quack
35.06 GB/41.66 GB/1.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
This is a great thread.

I'm going to grab a copy of this DVD and torrent in 3 other places today. So many people seem to want it now, since no one is supposed to have it.

No one wants to WATCH it, but everyone wants a copy!
I'd be very happy to dl just the menus. TIA
Old 2010-08-10, 06:00 PM
2.50 GB/96.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_hg View Post
Penis is growing as we speak?

you wanna check?

Old 2010-08-10, 06:11 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

If you dont like what I have to say, dont read it. No one is putting a gun to your head.

But lets attempt to use your logic.

Youve authored some of the tripod guy's masters, is that right?
If not, somebody did.
This policy that you stand behind is the equivalent of saying now that you
or someone else has done that, they are theirs or your masters and they are no longer the filmers masters. Thats absurd.

I guarantee you the tripod guy who filmed those shows, who sent you or someone else his masters (just like multiple filmers have sent me their masters to transfer) is the one calling the shots, is the one saying whether or not you could torrent these shows and where you can torrent them.

If these were your masters that you transferred and authored, you would be calling the shots as well.

That is how it works.
Filmers always call the shots.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:14 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
I didn't download it, I recorded it. Then burned them freebies, because they couldn't/wouldn't learn how to d/l the torrents I'd already posted..

The point is once you release it, it's out of your hands. If FM99 wants to keep future releases off the 'net, the only surefire way is to not circulate them. There is really no other 100% reliable option. Once traded, it can get traded on & on and eventually end up online.

As the taper, we have no rights to limit uploads. That's just how it is. Sit on it or accept that it's gonna spread.
That type of attitude is unjustified if you really do tape shows.
If you are a taper, you'd be in agreement with me that this policy is
not good. The attitude that once its out there, its no longer yours is absurd, if not insane. It is HIS recording, regardless of what band it is, who uploaded it, or who he gave it to. Actually its irrelevant.
You cannot disrespect a filmers and tapers wishes.
They must supercede any policy or even your own opinion (which I think I commented about already).
Im not saying anything new, thats just how it is.

It's not how it is and you are dreaming. No one here can legislate how other people behave in real life. That's madness. This thing of pulling shows when the taper asks was tried in the STG days and it was IMPOSSIBLE to enforce. The shit comes back like cancer.

By all means, keep your stuff if you "only tape for yourself"... but if you give out a SINGLE copy, it's going to spread. That's just reality. You have no control, beyond the first copy.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:18 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

Quote:
It's not how it is and you are dreaming. No one here can legislate how other people behave in real life. That's madness. This thing of pulling shows when the taper asks was tried in the STG days and it was IMPOSSIBLE to enforce.
If its such a difficult policy for you to enforce. Ill enforce that policy, if you change it.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:20 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
If you dont like what I have to say, dont read it. No one is putting a gun to your head.

But lets attempt to use your logic.

Youve authored some of the tripod guy's masters, is that right?
If not, somebody did.
This policy that you stand behind is the equivalent of saying now that you
or someone else has done that, they are theirs or your masters and they are no longer the filmers masters. Thats absurd.

I guarantee you the tripod guy who filmed those shows, who sent you or someone else his masters (just like multiple filmers have sent me their masters to transfer) is the one calling the shots, is the one saying whether or not you could torrent these shows and where you can torrent them.

If these were your masters that you transferred and authored, you would be calling the shots as well.

That is how it works.
Filmers always call the shots.
Right up until the first copy copy is traded out.

After that, he has no reasonable expectation of control - unless he's insane. Sure, his 1st gen circle will respect his wishes.. but not always. And the second group to get a copy? Forget it! It's out.

i don;t know how you expect anyone at TTD or anywhere else to enforce a ridiculous policy of pulling torrents down because the taper decides he wants to take his ball and run home. Someone else will just post it right back.

This has been tried at STG and was a failure. It's bad policy because it cannot be enforced.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:20 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Quote:
It's not how it is and you are dreaming. No one here can legislate how other people behave in real life. That's madness. This thing of pulling shows when the taper asks was tried in the STG days and it was IMPOSSIBLE to enforce.
If its such a difficult policy for you to enforce. Ill enforce that policy, if you change it.

Describe how you would enforce the policy, please.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:24 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

perhaps bribe a mod Five hundred dollars should do it

PM for details - serious inquiries only
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions