The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-01-09, 08:18 PM
104.67 GB/172.42 GB/1.65

Stats not updating/ new torrents not connecting

Hello all, I'm new to this site but a long time lossless audio trader and bit torrent user (ie I'm not a complete newbie). I've pulled a few shows and am of course seeding but my stats haven't updated in quite a while on the site.

I've also got some more shows I'd like to get and seed but nothing is connecting. Checking the thread shows that there are seeders though. I'm also not getting the "you can only leech 3 shows at once" warning even if I open up several torrents at once.

I am on a dynamic IP and I'm wondering if that might be the culprit. Or is there something else I should check into?

I'm very keen on supporting the site and keeping my downloads up as seeds. I've got a pretty good connection here that just goes to waste if I'm not seeding.

I appreciate any help and advice in getting me through these learning stages at Traders Den.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-01-09, 08:22 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Stats not updating/ new torrents not connecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutrimentia View Post
I've also got some more shows I'd like to get and seed but nothing is connecting.

I am on a dynamic IP and I'm wondering if that might be the culprit. Or is there something else I should check into?

hi and welcome.

we;ll get it working..

the dynamic ip could be an issue.. we'll get to that in a second if we need to.

the tracker doesn't know you are doing anything right now.. are you actively trying to connect, at the moment? Can you post any errors you see in the tracker messages window in your BT client? and maybe a screenshot of the client window while you are actively trying to connect, but failing?
Old 2009-01-09, 08:49 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

or, give up! whichever..
Old 2009-01-09, 10:34 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

A dynamic IP shouldn't matter. When you connect to a torrent, check out your profile page to make sure the torrent is listed under the Currently Active Torrents list. Your stats are showing something. Are you making sure to only connect to a couple of torrents at a time? Also, what bittorrent client are you using?

Old 2009-01-09, 11:31 PM
104.67 GB/172.42 GB/1.65

I'm using the latest version of Transmission on OSX. I've got six shows that I've finished and am seeding, but at the moment only one of them is actively uploading. WHen I first posted this thread three of them were uploading, now only one.

I've got 8 other shows in my queue (Stevie Ray, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hendrix VH1 Legends shows, plus a couple others). WHen I first started at Traders Den, I would get the "only 4 shows at once!" warning (sometimes it limited me to 3...), but now I've got all 8 of these other shows open, but no connections. Just to be clear I wouldn't normally have that many open, just a couple downloads and then leaving all the seeds open. I only have all 8 downloads on right now as part of my troubleshooting. I've tried turning them on and off.

So sum total I've got 14 active torrents via TD but only one is transmitting datta. Looking at my stats I've uploaded abotu 13 Gigs of data.

And I'm a regular downloader on karagarga without any trouble and grab lots of tv shows and movies from eztv and mininova, etc.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:40 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
I'm using the latest version of Transmission on OSX. .
can you check the version#, please? There was a stat problem w/ Transmission and our tracker, i seem to remember.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You've got less than a .5 ratio, which means you may only download 3 shows at a time - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...nnection_limit That is how many are currently showing up in your profile under current activity on tracker - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=291143 You are showing up as seeding four shows, but only one of them has a leecher, so you may really only upload on that one show. And that one leecher is trying to download three shows right now and seed two shows, so I'd guess his download speed is going to not be at the max.

Old 2009-01-10, 03:36 AM
104.67 GB/172.42 GB/1.65

Some restarting of computers and software seems to have solved the problem. I didn't get credit for a few gigs of uploads but its no big deal. Seeding is easy and I like having at least a 2.0 early on and then preferable at least a 1.5 once the numbers start getting big.

Thanks again for the attention here. All seems to be okay.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:46 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Some restarting of computers and software seems to have solved the problem. I didn't get credit for a few gigs of uploads but its no big deal. Seeding is easy and I like having at least a 2.0 early on and then preferable at least a 1.5 once the numbers start getting big.

Thanks again for the attention here. All seems to be okay.
You can click on the Contact Us link on the bottom of the site and ask us to credit you your lost upload credit.

Old 2009-01-10, 05:32 PM
104.67 GB/172.42 GB/1.65

U2Lynne, thanks for that info. It was only about 5 Gigs but maybe I'll ask for. Won't really matter in the long run. But I appreciate that policy. This place impresses me.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble