The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-07-02, 07:31 PM
27.13 GB/217.10 GB/8.00

Policy For Live 8 Material on The Traders Den

Live 8 material is welcome here as long as it isn't officially released, they have already started releasing songs for pay download much like the iTunes music store.

http://www.7digital.com/downloads/live8/

These are the songs that are available so far:

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" performed by Paul McCartney and U2

"The Long And Winding Road" performed by Paul McCartney

Now because the audio has been officially released this means that the video will also be considered as such because it's using the officiailly released source. This post will be updated as more tracks are officially released online and if any torrents having to contain an officially released track have already been uploaded to the site it will have to be taken down and the released track removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Handy
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Last edited by lucasweb; 2005-07-03 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-02, 07:57 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Re: Policy For Live 8 Material on The Traders Den

Don't update until I finish downloading Pink Floyd. I have a feeling it'll be officially released when I get to the 90% downloaded range .

Good idea BTW, for this thread. I haven't kept up with who played and what's been released, so you're helping me out a lot.

Just kidding about the PF. If it gets released, oh well . It'll be available somewhere else.
Old 2005-07-02, 08:25 PM
28.74 GB/32.16 GB/1.12

Considering the event, wouldnt ALL the conent of the show be 'officially released' at some point in the coming week?
If this is the case, is it safe to say there will be no Live8 torrents here?
Old 2005-07-02, 08:33 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr
Considering the event, wouldnt ALL the conent of the show be 'officially released' at some point in the coming week?
If this is the case, is it safe to say there will be no Live8 torrents here?
We don't want to assume now, do we? As long as it's not officially released, it's fair game for torrents (as long as it conforms to our rules). Once it's been released - IF it's released - then we'll pull it
Old 2005-07-02, 08:41 PM
28.74 GB/32.16 GB/1.12

Fair enough.
Wasnt this show free of charge, now we have corporations SELLING something that was FREE to all ? Gotta love the big corporations huh
Old 2005-07-02, 09:57 PM
oh hai guyz
37.64 GB/10.04 GB/0.27

aren't satellite radio sources lossy?
Old 2005-07-02, 10:19 PM
the USA pyro
70.48 GB/56.66 GB/0.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr
Fair enough.
Wasnt this show free of charge, now we have corporations SELLING something that was FREE to all ? Gotta love the big corporations huh
i pointed that out earlier in the lounge.... mostly the fact that they put over the stages "WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY"
Comments were originally designed as a place to have an open discussion about a torrent, in an easily accessible location, hence on the torrent page. *It was never intended to be a place to show 'gratitude'. *Its purpose was to discuss any issues that might arise from the torrent, give informed opinions about the torrent, notification of any problems with said torrent, ask for different formats, etc.

Then it devolved into this thankfest thing that, while stroking the uploader's ego, is absolutely useless for any real purpose.

This whole 'thanks whoring' thing is a fairly recent phenomenon, and is in fact a bastardization of what the feature was intended for.

Personally, the # of people who download one of my uploads tells me far more about whether or not I did good than any number of 'Thank You!s' ever will.
Old 2005-07-03, 03:39 AM
27.13 GB/217.10 GB/8.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapincane
aren't satellite radio sources lossy?
as far as i know they always are, but there aren't any satellite radio sourced torrents from Live 8 on the site

Quote:
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Old 2005-07-03, 04:33 AM
neuroticwave
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

You can now add McCartney's "The Long and Winding Road" to the list of official releases.

Old 2005-07-03, 04:46 AM
27.13 GB/217.10 GB/8.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticwave
You can now add McCartney's "The Long and Winding Road" to the list of official releases.

Huh, i would have bet anyone money that they would have released a track from the Pink Floyd set by the end of the night, but i was wrong, first post is now updated

Quote:
Old 2005-07-05, 03:33 PM
We only have one song
799.33 MB/3.84 GB/4.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr
Fair enough.

Kinda like bottled water.

And this thread is a great idea.
Old 2005-07-06, 03:26 PM
21.12 GB/19.00 GB/0.90

Aren't the proceeds going to charity?? Plus the downloads on this site are not paid for. So lets for once not get too precious about the Corporations.
Old 2005-07-07, 03:46 AM
TheRealMe
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynne61
Aren't the proceeds going to charity?? Plus the downloads on this site are not paid for. So lets for once not get too precious about the Corporations.
They're only protecting the site...if we aren't careful about what's officially released, the site and its owners could come under fire. We don't want what happened to easytree to happen to Traders' Den.
Old 2005-07-07, 08:39 AM
100.06 GB/152.07 GB/1.52

It's probably best for people who have video torrents available to keep them on their hardrive (or barring a lack of space, some other media). I say this because one is not sure if the officially release DVD's will contain ALL of the material of a certain artist. In order to keep the set affordable, the DVD may be a compilation-type release. The Live Aid set left out a lot of stuff partly because it was unretrievable. However, I know that a lot of material that does still exist was left off. And then you have artists that flubbed (Led Zep, Duran Duran) who did not want their sets or specific songs released.

I can understand why the Trader's Den (or Dimeadozen) are reluctant to allow certain material. At the same time, the disputed material is becoming available on other BT sites. So everyone wins.

Cliff
Old 2005-07-07, 11:40 AM
Rebel_Scum
1.19 TB/317.30 GB/0.26

I can torrent the XM feed of pink floyd..
dosent every have it yet???... any way, MTV unluggeds get torrented.
i think the Mtv broadcast or the bbc should be up for grabs.....

i already have a DVD with JAYZ, SNOOP, DMB, STEVIE WONDER, the who , and floyd..... there all from webcast... .. cheers

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions