The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-05-13, 02:34 PM
122.31 GB/199.15 GB/1.63

Unhappy Problems uploading torrent, pop up blocker prproblems very serious

Hi all. II need some help please. I am having a serious problem uploading torrents to the site, when I click on the upload ttorrent button. I am running windows xp, and ie version 6 I believe it is. I get a pop up everytime I attempt to upload a torrent. It used to be that I could go under tools, and under the pop up blocker sub menu, and temporarely allow pop ups, but this does not work anymore. I have tried turning off the pop up blocker, and even allowing the tradersden to be an exception, but absolutely nothing works, and I am getting no where, and I am taring my hair out over this, I have tried everything, please help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-13, 04:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Problems uploading torrent, pop up blocker prproblems very serious

Donovana, you may have to do a force refresh (shift + refresh) on the upload page so that you clear the cached page. See if that works for you.

Old 2006-05-15, 03:38 PM
122.31 GB/199.15 GB/1.63

Hi Lynn. Thanks for responding to my message, and helping. Unfortunately this did not work. All it does, is simply refreshes the form page, but when I click on the attach torrent button, the pop up blocker is preventing me from even seeing the torrents upload page. If I could just get to that portion of the process, I'd be fine. I've tried everything. I have an idea, and this may be the only way that I can do it. Is their a way that you could send me a direct link to the upload torrents portion of the site? If I had this, then I could simply fill out the form, then open another window up with the direct link to the upload torrents portion, upload the torrent, then I'd be set. My hair's gray now, smile.
Old 2006-05-15, 04:40 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hi donovana,

I can't send you a link to the pop-up because when you click that Attachment button that performs the javascript to pop it up, it sends necessary info about the thread you are creating to the window so that your attachment is attached to *that* thread and not some other thread.

When you allowed thetradersden to be an exception, did you put in "www.thetradersden.org" instead of just "thetradersden.org"? That will make a difference.

I have IE 6 on my PC, but I can't find this pop-up blocker option. But, I'm not running XP on there, only NT. However, I did a search and I found this info:

Quote:
I'm supposed to be trying to get my IE6 to stop blocking pop-ups

The easiest option is to allow popups for a particular website. Do that by selecting any link that would normally open a popup and then clicking on the icon that appears in the statusbar at the bottom of the window.

That gives three options: Allow popups for this site; Turn off popup blocker; Change blocker settings.
I'm not sure if that helps.

I also found this info for if you are just getting a black page? (last post here)

Quote:
Tip: Improperly Registered DLLs in IE 6.x
contributed by David Chernicoff, [email protected]

I recently updated a few system utilities on my primary desktop and
found that Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) no longer functioned
properly. IE would appear to open a Web site but would display only a
blank page. After some investigation, I discovered that this glitch is
a known problem in IE 6.x versions that results from a product update
improperly registering certain DLLs. To fix the problem, take the
following steps:
1. Open a command-prompt window and type

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

2. Click Enter.
3. Type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

4. Click Enter.
5. Close the command-prompt window.
Also, I'm not sure if you use IE because you have to, but I love mozilla firefox. If using firefox is an option, I would highly recommend it.

Old 2006-05-15, 05:06 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

I thought pop-up blocker was an IE7 feature.... If that's what you got, do this.
You should be able to tell if it has tabs or not.....

Tools > Internet Options
Click Privacy tab
Click settings under popup blocker area (you can also turn it off here by unchecking)
Enter Traders Den into sites to allow and press add.

Hope that helps >/
Old 2006-05-15, 07:00 PM
122.31 GB/199.15 GB/1.63

Hi lynn and others. Thanks all for your wonderful help on this. Unfortunately nothing has worked thus far. I tried the browser in aol, and it finally worked, but now I can't upload the torrent file. After I choose the torrent file, I click on upload, and this is what I get. I even tried making the torrent again, and I get the same error, will this ever end?ps I know I put the right announce url in the torrent while I was making it, I copied it to the clipbard to be sure.

Upload Errors

simon & garfunkel live in amsterdam.torrent:
Invalid announce url! It MUST be http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php
Old 2006-05-15, 10:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Donovana, sometimes what happens is that you put an extra space before or after the announce url. If you open the torrent file up in a text reader (like notepad), you should see the following:

d8:announce56:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php etc....

If that is not a 56 where I bolded the type, then you have an extra space added in there. So, you should double-check your torrent maker software and make sure there is not an extra space after the announce url.

(I'm sorry you are having all these problems. I know how frustrating computers and torrents can be at times!)

Old 2006-05-16, 04:09 AM
122.31 GB/199.15 GB/1.63

Hi Lynn thanks again for responding so quickly. I redid the torrent yet again, absolutely made sure their was no spaces at the end, or beginning, used the aol browser, and the torrent still would not upload, received the same error about not using the right tracker. I very well may have to upload shows from now on on my me machine which would be ok, except that Microsoft wfrom what I understand will no longer be supporting updates for 98, and m3me as of the end of next month, so this means I'll have to put xp on that machine as well, so I'm not vonorable online. As a last ditch effort to try and keep the torrents on this machine, which is the one I've been using all along, may I have permpermission to upload my torrent to this thread, so that you may eexamine it? I use azerious or whatever that client is called, and I recently updated my client, now I am wondering if this is the real problem here. Thanks for not giving up on this.
Old 2006-05-16, 09:25 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Donovana, I don't think this thread will take the torrent since you are getting that error. (I can't tell the software to allow any torrent, no matter what, if it is not in the BitTorrent forums.). So, go ahead and email the torrent to me and I can take a look then: [email protected]

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble