The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Would you post more in the Lounge if it were more actively moderated like the rest of TTD?
Yes 33 36.67%
No 57 63.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-26, 09:19 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Why don't you visit the Lounge @ TTD? (public poll)

Absolutely not.
It was prompted by Bill_Kate's comments, which closely mirror yours.
The idea was to find out how many people would participate more if.. well, just read the poll question.

I don't see how it would have anything to do with freezer, specifically?
Old 2011-01-26, 09:26 PM
Political Hack
10.32 GB/32.56 GB/3.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoooma View Post

My opinion is not extremist. When I used Loughner's name I used it because he is one sick puppy and SIMILARLY people who think it's fine to attack others also have some screw loose. Attacking people whether it be with a gun or verbally (by typing) is not right, it's not fine at all and those who partake and feel like it is fine, they have some level of derangement goin' on.
You're not very good at giving examples, are you? You're good at using hyperbole, yes, but examples? Not so much.

Ironically, this is the type of language you seem to want regulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzman
You are more elite than anybody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Does it bother you that you have so much in common with Karl Rove?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-01-26, 09:28 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugofuguzev View Post
I joined the Den 'cos of your mandate of quality music postings and whatnot...how many times have some of you seen me post something along the lines of, "Is this a music trading site or a fucking daycare?". Truth be told, I'd hate like hell to see the site's overall reputation being dragged down because of all the bullshit that goes down in the Lounge.
I'd like to point out that you can ignore an entire forum - with either self control or the assistance of forum tools.
If you enjoy the music - great. if you dont enjoy the banter - great.
Old 2011-01-26, 09:45 PM
KING OF '77
487.41 GB/735.72 GB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
I'd like to point out that you can ignore an entire forum - with either self control or the assistance of forum tools.
If you enjoy the music - great. if you dont enjoy the banter - great.
Yes, and I can also ignore the posts of 'members' whom I find particularly annoying, etc- which I have done in the past. As I said, Wolf, sometimes there are some interesting MUSIC related discussions that take place in the Lounge- but it's a pain trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I compare this site to something like Steve Hoffman's forum...bullshit is kept to a minimum over at SHF. You're also a member there, I believe...you don't think that if the Lounge had that kind of moderation that it would be an improvement?

And, JamesKG, thanks for answering my question. To your response, I say, "Fair enough." But, again, considering the history, it was inevitable somebody was going to bring it up sooner or later.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:01 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

So now the steering committee wants to take the fun out of the Lounge? The Lounge is a free for all, and always has been. If you don't like it, don't read it. No one's forcing you to.

Oh, and the Lounge thread tags are hysterical. Someone should take away the tag limits!

Last edited by SundayDriver; 2011-01-26 at 10:07 PM.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:04 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugofuguzev View Post
Yes, and I can also ignore the posts of 'members' whom I find particularly annoying, etc- which I have done in the past. As I said, Wolf, sometimes there are some interesting MUSIC related discussions that take place in the Lounge- but it's a pain trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Im not disagreeing. I've enjoyed a lot of time in the Lounge and I've also taken breaks away from it - cause its too much sometimes or you're not in the mood.

The lounge is a unique place wherein you can stretch your imagination a little further than anywhere else I know of. It's certainly a lot of give and take.
It can be the best and it can be the worst. I've seen both. I'm ok with that - its the internet.

I've actually tried to entertain discussion and it just doesnt always work -sometimes it does. But it's more of a soundbyte / random tangent forum. things go this way and that quickly. One issue is that the group is 'so tight' that an inner-circle banter becomes inevitable with inside jokes and whatnot. But thats how it is - and thats how it was when I wandered in 5 years ago. It really freaked me at first. I thought these people were out of their minds.. and I kinda liked that
Old 2011-01-26, 10:09 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

I agree. It's like coming into any new environment, whether it be a new local bar, job, whatever. You have to bring yourself into the group as much as the group has to be willing to let you in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:10 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_kate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I suppose you should now list the mods you think troll others incessantly.
There is no list. But tell me what someone should do when it is a mod or an admin that has crossed the lines and/or rules. Just leave?

Quote:
I don't think I troll anyone, other than freezer. That's an on/off thing and I really don't think it bothers him that much. It's not like he's a fluffy bunny.
I agree with that.

I would hope not.

If it gets to that point, the report post button can be used... and has. Discussions are had between the staff from time to time about exactly this. Sometimes people get called out and get pissy... other times, they are simply alerted to someone who got upset when no harm was meant..

either way, don't leave tell someone.

In life, if I have an issue with someone, I go to them, first, if I care to resolve it. Just be direct. Here, I'd say send a PM or just post in the thread that you find <bold the comment in a quote> over the line and would rather not have that directed at me, etc...

something... don't just leave over one person.. staff or not. No, we don't ban staff if someone gets pissy about them.. we don't ban other members, either. The issue is simply dealt with... unless it isn't ever brought up. Someone has to say *something* if they need help.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:13 PM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
If life, if I have an issue with someone, I go to them, first, if I care to resolve it. Just be direct. Here, I'd say send a PM or just post in the thread that you find <bold the comment in a quote> over the line and would rather not have that directed at me, etc...
Done that.

Quote:
something... don't just leave over one person.. staff or not. No, we don't ban staff if someone gets pissy about them.. we don't ban other members, either. The issue is simply dealt with... unless it isn't ever brought up. Someone has to say *something* if they need help.
Said it enough that it is a joke at this point.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:14 PM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
One issue is that the group is 'so tight' that an inner-circle banter becomes inevitable with inside jokes and whatnot. But thats how it is - and thats how it was when I wandered in 5 years ago. It really freaked me at first. I thought these people were out of their minds.. and I kinda liked that
same here
Old 2011-01-26, 11:27 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_kate View Post
Do I need to say it......
A handful of people have already said it in your sig

Brian, you have modded before. Do you not see any problem with the current rules and the way they are enforced, or even the layout of the sub-forums?

Everyone keeps thinking that it is a whole new set of rules that I am suggesting. Only a couple of tweaks to the already existing set of rules and blanket enforcement regardless of who it is breaking them. And to look into the layout of the sub-forums and mod powers within certain areas, as opposed to every mod popping in and enforcing the lounge rules how they interpret them and often different than the actual mod there and also some are regularly breaking them there too.

This is a logical place to start if anything is to be done. Added mods only if it gets to be too much, which is likely because whenever any changes are made, people like to oppose it and go the other way.
I was just responding to the poll question that popped up when I logged in, the poll itself was flawed. If I had a little history before I was asked to vote... Most mods hate me so I voted no...
Old 2011-01-26, 11:33 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Lastly, for now. Alias should be banned. It you don't have the ball or guts to post something under your main nick, then, #1 your a pussy, #2 then don't say it, #3 if it is humour or games related, than it is worth it.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:36 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Lastly, lastly, where is Lynne, did she disappear? Why doesn't she make a decision one way or another? Has she hook up with Grayson? OMG the shirts are being pressed... History does repeat itself.
Old 2011-01-26, 11:50 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Lastly, lastly,lastly... I have skimmed through a bunch of these threads to get caught up... Man, I must be getting older while the lounge stays in a quantum state of flux where no one ages. I guess I got too old... This shit is dumb. lates... ......
Old 2011-01-27, 12:01 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Lynne is right here. It just took me a while to read through all the posts that have been made since I last read this thread.

I've chimed in. But, I try to not lead with an iron fist by jumping right in and saying N Change Will Be Made! Bill and I have actually talked about this and so now he is getting an opinion from a larger group.

And, the discussion is good. I think the two 'sides' are not quite as far apart any longer and when that happens usually I don't need to do as much to make people happy as when they are still at opposite ends of the spectrum.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
lounge