The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-12-06, 05:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Forum software upgrade on Monday

You know what, this one is on our tracker from you recently "km2007-07-15.stc9000.sbeok.flac16.torrent" You probably started to upload it and stopped and perhaps that is causing problems? I've removed it so perhaps you are OK now.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-06, 06:19 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

There is still no upload torrent button on the upload page. And since hours there is no upload on TDD.

Last edited by quadrophenia; 2007-12-06 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2007-12-06, 06:31 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

I started to upload Depeche Mode and stopped. "DEpeche Mod Crocs 1981"
Old 2007-12-06, 06:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrophenia View Post
There is still no upload torrent button on the upload page. And since hours there is no upload on TDD.
You must have seen the button at some point in the last 22 hours cuz that is when you uploaded that torrent onto the tracker. I've since removed it from the tracker. So, do a Force Refresh of the page to get it to completely redo that whole page again. Don't just go to the upload page, you need to force it to refresh.

And, if that doesn't fix it, can you tell me if the Manage Attachments button shows up in the Go Advanced tab for you.

Old 2007-12-06, 07:05 PM
147.43 GB/269.18 GB/1.83

I refreshed the page several times but it doesn't help. The Manage Attachments button shows up. Same problem on the upload video torrent page. I never uploaded a video torrent.
Old 2007-12-06, 07:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrophenia View Post
I refreshed the page several times but it doesn't help. The Manage Attachments button shows up. Same problem on the upload video torrent page. I never uploaded a video torrent.
So the button showed up this morning (or yesterday) but now won't? I haven't done anything to that page, that's why I am trying to figure this out. And I hate to ask this again, but you did a Force Refresh, not a regular refresh, right?

Old 2007-12-07, 11:33 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey quadrophenia, there is a thread about this issue here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=49922 I finally understand exactly what you are talking about and I'm working on the problem (although I must say that this issue is pissing me off big time!).

Old 2007-12-08, 01:31 PM
132.92 GB/1.14 TB/8.78

i'm not sure if it's related to the upgrade, or if the search function should now work this way, but i notice two things that weren't happening before (i used the advanced search page):

#1 "steely dan" (in quotes) ==> error - no matches

#2 immediately retry #1 without quotes ==> 30 second wait

related to #2, any search with no matches ==> 30 second wait

thanks!
Old 2007-12-08, 01:42 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddaj View Post
i'm not sure if it's related to the upgrade, or if the search function should now work this way, but i notice two things that weren't happening before (i used the advanced search page):

#1 "steely dan" (in quotes) ==> error - no matches

#2 immediately retry #1 without quotes ==> 30 second wait

related to #2, any search with no matches ==> 30 second wait

thanks!
The Steely Dan one is because of the word "Dan". It's too short and so you get an error. Try just "Steely".

And yeah, they changed the way the search works. It used to be if you got no results or you got an error, you could immediately search again. Now it makes you wait. It is the way it is supposed to work now. I'll put it on my list of things to look into. I would guess that someone has figured out a modification to get search back to the way it was.

edit to add: I just installed a hack to the search. If you input "Steely Dan", it should now simply remove the word "Dan" and continue your search.

Old 2007-12-08, 09:35 PM
585.09 GB/2.91 TB/5.10

The "Delete Ghosts" option doesn't seem to be on the Profile page anymore ...
Old 2007-12-08, 09:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
The "Delete Ghosts" option doesn't seem to be on the Profile page anymore ...
I know, I haven't added it again yet. It is only necessary if someone doesn't want to wait for the tracker cleaner to come by and 'clear' the ghosts.

Old 2007-12-09, 03:27 PM
585.09 GB/2.91 TB/5.10

Thanks. I needed it yesterday, but just decided to hope it would clean itself up. It did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
I know, I haven't added it again yet. It is only necessary if someone doesn't want to wait for the tracker cleaner to come by and 'clear' the ghosts.
Old 2007-12-10, 05:34 PM
ezytouch
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

the forum jump button at the top of the home page does not give me a menu tonight, it's like the old site. is that to be expected?
Old 2007-12-10, 06:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezytouch View Post
the forum jump button at the top of the home page does not give me a menu tonight, it's like the old site. is that to be expected?
It is now a user pickable option. Some users liked it, others liked the old way. Go to your User CP > Options and near the bottom it asks if you want a drop down menu or a single link.

Old 2007-12-12, 12:29 PM
538.49 GB/1.14 TB/2.18

I use Firefox 1.5 under Ubuntu-Linux 6.06 and threads take now such a long time to open...
I tried on another computer with Firefox 2.0 under Ubuntu-Linux 7.10 and have not the same problem, but a different (new) home page ?

Last edited by zeppy2; 2007-12-12 at 12:38 PM.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions