The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-28, 03:43 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

Jim Morrison Ozit Records NOT OFFICIAL

This torrent that was pulled shouldn't have been pulled. Its not an official release, not authorized by the Doors, their past or present management, or the Morrison & Courson Estates.

Just because you can get a bootleg at amazon.com or at a chain record store doesn't make it authorized or official.
Old 2007-05-28, 04:21 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: Jim Morrison Ozit Records NOT OFFICIAL

I see these interview discs all the time... sometimes they're on Rhino but also lots of other small lablels. they're always sold at regular stores that never sell bootlegs right in the artists' section.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-28, 04:28 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

Every bootleg I've ever bought was right in the artist's section.
Ozit Records has another Morrison release, Dyonisus, and on the back it says:
"This CD contains no music or songs by the Doors and is not a Warner Elektra product."

The only copyright on the product is for the artwork.
Old 2007-05-28, 04:34 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

I see those kinds of discs in stores that never sell bootlegs, but they sell those. the kind with no musical content, just interviews. There's a gazillion of those discs and I've never seen one allowed at any torrent site like dime/ttd/stg/bt.etree etc etc.

we don't want the heat you know the kind of trackers that host stuff like that

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2007-05-28, 04:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I started to look into this when I saw this thread. I can find that 'show' being sold at several different online record stores. However, it isn't listed on the official thedoors.com site. So, I decided to look into Ozit Records instead to see if there was something I can find out about it that would lead me to believe they were a bootlegger. However, I can't find that either.

(Gotta run again..... back in a few.)

Old 2007-05-28, 05:49 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Unhappy Re: Jim Morrison Ozit Records NOT OFFICIAL - oh yes it is!

The way I've been made to understand it is that music stuff that's released is potentially a bootleg, but interview discs that contain no music can be released by any company legally. Since there's no music that the real record label has any rights to, interviews contain none of their 'owned intellectual property', and are fair game to sell legally anywhere.
If that's true, then although not authorized, it IS legal, sellable, and official.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:09 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

You guys need to check into the Louis Armstrong catalog if you really want to go nuts trying to figure out what's REALLY authorized.

Most everything on LaserLight (a now legit company but was once a subsuiduary part of a German bootleg operation) by Louis Armstrong is not authorized by his estate.... Are they bootlegs or public domain?

Are public domain recordings allowed at TTD?

And boots, sometimes you can find 'em at Big Lots and I just saw some at Circuit City a few weeks ago, looking as legit as possible.

(Bangles live in Pittsburg, Louis Armstrong outtakes- stolen from the estate, Byrds, Everly Brothers, Cannonball Adderly)

And before you think that a "supposedly" legit record company won't bootleg other artists......

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/tec...cal-fraud.html

The recordings of a British concert pianist who found fame in the last years of her life have been exposed as hoaxes - by Apple's iTunes music player.

Joyce Hatto died in June 2006, having become a cause célčbre with fans of classical piano in the last years of her life. A series of recordings showed her masterful command of a wide range of composers including Liszt, Schubert, Rachmaninov, Dukas and more.

Last week, a critic at the Gramophone magazine got surprise when he put a Hatto recording of Lizt's 12 Transcendental Studies into his computer. The iTunes player identified the disc as being recorded by another pianist, Lászlo Simon. He dug out the Simon album and found it sounded exactly the same as the Hatto one.

iTunes had stumbled on a hoax. To identify albums it calculates a 'discid' from the duration of the tracks and then connects to the Compact Disc Database online. The Gramophone critic tried another disc - Hatto playing Rachmaninov - and again iTunes identified it as belonging to someone else. Again, the named recording - by Yefim Bronfman - sounded no different.

Gramophone decided to go to expert audio company Pristine Audio. Their detailed webpage on the Hatto case shows what they found, and lets you listen to the evidence. Examinations of the waveforms of Hatto recordings confirmed what iTunes had suggested. Many are direct copies of other pianist's work - some are tweaked versions where a recording has simply been slowed down.

Prisine Audio will be keeping their pages updated as they investigate more. As yet, all the Hatto recordings they've looked at have been copies. Hatto's husband, who produced and released them, says he cannot explain the similarities.

I wonder if there are any other cases out there like this waiting to be discovered? Players like iTunes and music fingerprinting projects like these make it more likely than ever before.

Update 23/02/2007

There was more in Time recently.....looks like the husband's the culprit.

Ands as for interviews, if you get it directly from the unedited and unaired master recording, is that ok for TTD? (I was the taper.)

I have a Mick Fleetwood interview where once the interview stops the drugs come out....but the recorder wasn't shut off.....11/10/74 in Houston.

Is that fair game for TTD?

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-29 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:41 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

I could go for some new Zep. Anyone know where I can get some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2007-05-30, 07:39 AM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

I found that all of them say on the cover "this has not been authorized by the band,management or company" etc.
Shops sell them only because money can be made from them.End of!!
The shops ,in effect are doing what we all despise and profiting from a unauthorized non-copyright "boot".

I say F 'em..lets torrent them .
They probably got the material from us lot anyway....cheeky bastards

K_K

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions