The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-07-03, 01:45 AM
bolamix
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: New Tracker now Online

I like the ratio system, I think it gives people a push in the right direction, ie: share more I'm using BitComet 0.58, not sure how it'll work out... but I'm confident it will Great job so far Lynne
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-03, 04:23 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Lynne thanks for considering the optional option, also for making it clear that this was a side benefit to switching trackers and that the main goal was to straighten out the attachment issue by using the filesystem instead of the db.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-07-03, 09:48 PM
Rebel, Rogue & Sworn Brother
55.25 GB/234.70 GB/4.25

Lynne,

Does the new tracker have anything to do with the site loading so slow the last 24 hours?

Coincidence?

Old 2005-07-03, 10:14 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, a lot of this server load *does* have to do with an increase in traffic. For instance, I think we normally get about 150 new registrations a day, today we have almost 600 and that is with server problems. For the last week, we've been getting around 2700-2800 unique visitors a day, today, the last time I looked it was at almost 4300 (again, a number that was made *with* all the server problems we've had today).

The new tracker *does* access the database, while the other did not. So, I can't rule out an increase in server activity because of the new tracker. However, things were fine here yesterday until we got those Live8 torrents. So, part of me thinks that Live8, and the increase of traffic it generated, has a very large part to play in the problems we are currently having.

And, that is why I'm just watching things right now and not quickly grabbing another Dual Xeon for the site. I'm hoping this will blow over (and I'm really not wanting to shell out the bucks for a bigger server).

Old 2005-07-03, 10:17 PM
willard
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

re: reducing the size of the db by moving the attachments to the filesystem

this is gotta help but even at half a gig, doesn't it all fit in memory anyway (assuming the server's got the "standard" min of 1 gig)? Or is the bottleneck the number of concurrent processes?

If you need a mysql test box, I've got it running here.

re: client update of stats.

using rtorrent (0.2.4) which can manually update to the tracker. neither manually updating nor using "cancel" nor using "pause" works. I'm sure a fix for rtorrent is not a high priority but just so you know. i'm upgrading to 0.2.6 within the next couple of days and if things change, i'll drop a note.
Old 2005-07-03, 11:20 PM
Rebel, Rogue & Sworn Brother
55.25 GB/234.70 GB/4.25

Thanks Lynne...you rock!!

If Live 8 shit is clogging up the place...well...
Old 2005-07-04, 02:25 AM
Thanks Reggie
458.63 GB/415.10 GB/0.91

Yeah I was wondering why things were bogged down, my stats havent moved yet either. Im using bit tornado-0.3.10, hopefully kinks get worked out. I dont know what to do on my end to fix it.
Old 2005-07-04, 05:47 AM
bolamix
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I'm not sure whether's it's tracker-related, but the "New posts" link at the top of the start page has disappeared... kinda makes it harder to browse the site for me. I'm sure it'll be fixed in time

Edit: my ratio hasn't budged either, and I've seeded the live8 pink floyd gig 3.5 times over. Just thought I'd mention it ^^ My BT client reported an error with mysql, FWIW.
Old 2005-07-04, 08:11 AM
228.01 GB/712.14 GB/3.12

re: stats not showing

My stats haven't budged either. Using latest Azureus version 2.3.0.4 - closed client and reopened. Reopened a Dark New Day show last night, upped over 200 MB.
Old 2005-07-04, 08:18 AM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

lostboy,

You might be behing a proxy (transpartent to you) and the tracker is not picking up your proper ip address. Try loggin out and in the site a few times.
Old 2005-07-04, 08:47 AM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

On the recent Zeppelin torrent I seeded til I had a 5.0 or more share ratio, then hit "finish" and nothing happened to my stats. On the first Floyd Live8 video I sat there at 11.2% sharing with all the people hopping on til I had over a 12.0 share ratio before I gave up and hit pause then cancel. Nothing happened to my stats. Logged out of the site a couple of times and nothing happened to my stats. I think I'm just going to be at 0.0 forever.

Using Shadow's bit torrent 5.8.7 - old but it works just fine for me so I've never had a reason to use a different one.
Old 2005-07-04, 10:17 AM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

Shadow is a known faulty client along with:

• BitTorrent++
• Nova Torrent
• TorrentStorm

And in many cases the original BitTorrent client has been found to be faulty.

Try another client and see what happens. Lynne can credit you though for the time being.
Old 2005-07-04, 10:39 AM
mjjareo
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy
re: stats not showing

My stats haven't budged either. Using latest Azureus version 2.3.0.4 - closed client and reopened. Reopened a Dark New Day show last night, upped over 200 MB.
I just restarted Azureus 2.3.0.4 and uploads were recorded correctly for a new torrent but not for older ones. The new tracker might only be recording stats for torrents created since it was installed. The last time I looked at torrents created before that they didn't show user ids only ips. Could that be what's happening.
Old 2005-07-04, 11:27 AM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjareo
I just restarted Azureus 2.3.0.4 and uploads were recorded correctly for a new torrent but not for older ones. The new tracker might only be recording stats for torrents created since it was installed. The last time I looked at torrents created before that they didn't show user ids only ips. Could that be what's happening.
Only new torrents are on the new tracker and can only be tracked.
Old 2005-07-04, 11:51 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hal is correct. We are currently running two trackers - the old one that doesn't keep track of stats and the new one which does. The torrents on the new tracker are listed on the bottom of the forums page. They also show up a bit differently in the thread.

I just switched databases for the site. I think things are running much better now. When things calm down a bit, I'll start a thread where people can list the shows they uploaded/download from and I'll fix the stats.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions