The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-08-30, 05:14 AM
4.28 GB/21.28 GB/4.97

Noob question.. corrupt file

Hello, stumbled across this website from a Pearl Jam site.... I'm a pro audio engineer (10+years) with little experience with torrenting...

My question is that I just DL'd 2 shows, and 2 files are corrupt (ie generating errors when converting from flac>aiff) is there a SIMPLE way that I can just dl the corrupt songs using bittorrent 6.2? This seems like a great community, and I notice I'm already a vine (fine by me) but I would like to NOT pass a corrupt file to someone else.....

way past my bedtime.... so I'll chat tomorrow....

one more ? is there an introduce yourself area?

Thanks, keep up the great work.... QUALITY ALWAYS FIRST!

-Mike
AKG/Neuman/Schoeps/DPA mics > Neve or Hardy Preamps > Prisim DSD A/D conv. > sonic solutions software (mac of course)... ALL cabled by Synergistic Research Designer's Reference cables... shockmount racks by MTCases...
Hi-Fi playback: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 (no comments, I just can;t get a good price on SACD)>S.R. P2>Coleman level controller>S.R. P1> Genelec 1031AP
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-08-30, 08:04 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: Noob question.. corrupt file

link to which show please / go to the thread and click the red triangle to send a notice.

'corrupt files' are very very rare.

+++++++

can you select 'certain tracks/files' in a torrent download? yes.

in uTorrent, select the Files tab - uncheck files you do not wish.
Old 2009-08-31, 02:25 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Try using a different converter. I've had the odd problem when using TLH and dbPowerAmp.

As far as re-doing the files:- I use Utorrent. This may work for you.
Delete the torrent from Bittorrent; NOT the "Torrent and Data". You want to keep the Data. Then delete the files that you think are corrupt from the designated folder. Download the link again and point it to the folder you already have. It will recognise the files that are left in the folder and start downloading the missing files.
Lots of luck!!
Old 2009-09-01, 10:35 PM
4.28 GB/21.28 GB/4.97

hmm, SEEMS to be an intact .flac file, but generates errors when trying to convert to other format ie mp3/aiff I'll hunt around for a few diff. file converters and see if it clears up.
AKG/Neuman/Schoeps/DPA mics > Neve or Hardy Preamps > Prisim DSD A/D conv. > sonic solutions software (mac of course)... ALL cabled by Synergistic Research Designer's Reference cables... shockmount racks by MTCases...
Hi-Fi playback: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 (no comments, I just can;t get a good price on SACD)>S.R. P2>Coleman level controller>S.R. P1> Genelec 1031AP
Old 2009-09-02, 02:25 PM
131.88 GB/356.29 GB/2.70

Make sure the torrent isn't still running when you try to convert or listen to it...

If you use uTorrent as your client and you can select the files you want/need for each torrent when you initiate the download.
Old 2009-09-02, 02:37 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.81 TB/9.59

Did anyone else report corrupt files?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble