The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-04-21, 02:11 AM
Music of the Spheres
81.55 GB/77.39 GB/0.95

Re: Our domains have been stolen

Godspeed getting your doms back. I had to google to find ya (did it feel good for you too?
Another site I frequent for torrents, small and obscure and probably not even on google, also got hijacked recently. Must be epidemic.

Good luck all
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-04-21, 07:41 PM
97.51 GB/219.10 GB/2.25

Wow. when it went down I thought the copyright vultures pulled you offline.

good luck catching the bastard.
Old 2009-04-22, 11:02 AM
434.06 GB/722.42 GB/1.66

Man GoDaddy must really suck!!! They still haven't re-established TTD. It's been how long now???!!!!!! Good luck Lynne
Old 2009-04-22, 10:48 PM
608.02 GB/2.19 TB/3.69

wow... was away for awhile, tried to reconnect... saw what happened... sucks... had some turkish hackers disfigure a few websites i did a while ago... why them? why me? no idea... took me a while to clean things up... but never had to deal with a domain name theft... bummer... i feel for you...
good luck and thanks for all you do, Lynne...
and thanks to all of you too, jolly members of TTD...
the love of music is precious ;-)
Old 2009-04-23, 07:51 AM
1.09 TB/859.11 GB/0.77

Lynne,
I'm so sorry about all of the BS you are dealing with. I think you are being far too kind in referring to this person as an "asshat". I'm sure you're just being as polite as possible in not referring to him as the low-life, bottom feeding scumbag he surely is. This person is truly a worthless piece of shit that deserves every bad thing that comes his way for the rest of his miserable life. I wish you all the luck in the world in reclaiming your domain names.
I think this might be a great time for the members of The Traders Den to donate to your site as a show of support and appreciation for all the work you have done and continue to do to keep this great site up and running, especially in light of what you have had to endure over the past two weeks. This has certainly been a wake up call for me to get off my ass and make a long overdue donation. Thank you very much for fighting to keep your site up and running. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:07 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Just an update - it's now in the hands of the new registrar, register.com. GoDaddy has official asked for the domains back, but they say the new registrar can say no. I had talked to them last week and they are well aware that they were stolen from me and that the guy who took them was sending me emails to extort money for their return. Since they have all that background already, and since they were kind enough to lock down the domains so they guy couldn't transfer them again, I'm hoping they are going to give them back.

Old 2009-04-23, 10:45 AM
Fuck 2024
1.58 TB/3.22 TB/2.04

Thanks for the update, and I hope everything works out for the best.

~Dorothy Parker
Old 2009-04-23, 05:55 PM
What'cha Got There?
208.73 GB/1.99 TB/9.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
....but they say the new registrar can say no....they are well aware that they were stolen....I'm hoping they are going to give them back.
Well, after all,...possession is nine tenths of the law right? Or at least in terms of internet domains that's the rule of thumb it seems.

My sympathies Lynne.

I know a previous poster noted a financial angle, but I don't think you've addressed this in any of your posts. Are you incurring any additional money burdens due to this from legal assistance/phone bills/lost work/...."stamps??" (heck, how about an extra 5th of your favorite hard stuff to calm your nerves through all this that we can all pitch in on ) as I think that the community should be pitching in to assist in a larger way than normal to help out.
And as I noted in a previous post, you've got a ton of people here from all walks of life so I'm sure there's advice a'plenty if you need/ask. I'm sure you've been e-mailing/PMing with different people in that regards anyways but don't fight the fight alone when you've got a potential army waiting in the wings.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:22 PM
3.06 TB/5.23 TB/1.71

WOW, this is an amazing tale.
So GoDaddy will let someone steal/transfer an account
without contacting the owner to verify the transfers validity?
Thank God I didn't pick them for my webhosting.
Does this mean any asshole can steal someones website by just pretending to be the owner and requesting a transfer?
If that's the case, maybe I should ask for Bank of Americas domains to be placed in my ownership, I could use a little stimulus money.
Sorry your going through so much crap U2Lynne, I hope the new registrar gets it right for you soon.
Old 2009-04-25, 05:23 AM
Drunk
91.38 GB/197.35 GB/2.16

GoDaddy Sucks!

Godaddy is the absolute worst when it comes to any of the services they offer. They are just too big to care about anyone else.

I am currently battling them over one of my domains being hacked by the Chinese sex spammers. They have been 100% useless in helping restore the services I puchased. As a profesional webmaster, I would never reccomend them to anyone for anything -- not even my enemies!
Old 2009-04-27, 07:45 AM
Former TTD Trader
1.73 TB/908.26 GB/0.51

Wink Re: Our domains have been stolen

This is probably all the work of that self-absorbed yutz over at Planet Rock - effecting some paybacks for the "Multiple-Vlad" shenanigans perpetuated on them a few months back!
Old 2009-04-27, 04:44 PM
Looking to lock me up ?
659.06 GB/1.72 TB/2.68

Been away for a few weeks and just saw the news.. man you cant trust anyone this days

Keep up the fighting spirits and hopefully everything will work out with you getting the domains back Lynne...

Please let us know if there is anything you might need a hand with (like a 10 man crew to go pay this guy a "friendly" visit and "kindly" ask for the domains back)
Old 2009-04-27, 07:52 PM
125.78 GB/120.33 GB/0.96

Just another quick well-wishing message to you. Wish like hell there was something I could do for ya. Thanks for everything you do here and please know that it's really, really, really appreciated.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:19 AM
389.16 GB/867.01 GB/2.23

I am amazed that this has gone on this long. Curious if you alerted any authorities about his attempt to extort money for the return of the site?
Old 2009-04-28, 12:44 PM
1.25 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawson View Post
Curious if you alerted any authorities about his attempt to extort money for the return of the site?
Who would you alert? The Polizei?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions