The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2016-05-13, 06:19 AM
200.20 GB/83.01 GB/0.41

"you may only download/leach 3 shows at a time"

Hi...please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am only trying to download one torrent at the moment, and it won't download and when I look it says that I'm only allowed to d/l 3 shows at a time...but I'm only trying to d/l one, so...what's the deal?

Thanks for a great site and all the work you do to keep it up and running, by the way

Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-05-13, 07:53 AM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Re: "you may only download/leach 3 shows at a time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robstreetman View Post
Hi...please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am only trying to download one torrent at the moment, and it won't download and when I look it says that I'm only allowed to d/l 3 shows at a time...but I'm only trying to d/l one, so...what's the deal?

Thanks for a great site and all the work you do to keep it up and running, by the way

Rob
That sounds like a setting in your torrent client, I don't think this site has a limit.

Check the settings in whatever program you are using, the others of the 3 are probably from another site?
Old 2016-05-13, 10:04 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Unless we've changed it, our limit is 10. I agree it is probably a client setting.
Old 2016-05-13, 05:04 PM
200.20 GB/83.01 GB/0.41

but it only seems to be this site...no problems d/ling from dime, demon, or other sites...just TTD...

hmmmmm....
Old 2016-05-14, 07:42 PM
468.42 GB/168.45 GB/0.36

I receive that same message if I start a 4th download. "Failure : Connection limit exceeded! You may only download/leech 3 shows at a time." It appears to be coming from the tracker, and not my client, since it's working fine with torrents from everywhere else. (Plus, it specifies "shows" in the error...) I usually don't have that many going at once anyway, but I figured I'd add some data to the conversation.
Old 2016-05-15, 05:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

This is explained in the FAQ here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...nnection_limit

Quote:
Currently, the following is in affect:
  • downloaded less than 10 GB - may only download 4 shows at a time
  • less than 0.50 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 3 shows at a time
  • less than 0.60 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 4 shows at a time
  • less than 0.70 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 5 shows at a time
This is subject to change if we happen to notice people abusing the system. Also, if you register another username just to download more shows, you can be banned from the site.

Old 2016-05-16, 02:52 PM
200.20 GB/83.01 GB/0.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
This is explained in the FAQ here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...nnection_limit

Quote:
Currently, the following is in affect:
  • downloaded less than 10 GB - may only download 4 shows at a time
  • less than 0.50 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 3 shows at a time
  • less than 0.60 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 4 shows at a time
  • less than 0.70 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 5 shows at a time
This is subject to change if we happen to notice people abusing the system. Also, if you register another username just to download more shows, you can be banned from the site.
yea...but I'm only trying to d/l one torrent...I don't understand...
Old 2016-05-16, 04:24 PM
483.34 GB/491.80 GB/1.02

Quote:
You are being shown as a downloader on three torrents right now, and would appear to have many other shows "open" as well.

Click on your name, go to your profile, and see for yourself, look under the "Torrent Stats" tab.
Old 2016-05-18, 04:46 AM
200.20 GB/83.01 GB/0.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwonter View Post
Quote:
You are being shown as a downloader on three torrents right now, and would appear to have many other shows "open" as well.

Click on your name, go to your profile, and see for yourself, look under the "Torrent Stats" tab.
...well...I restarted my computer yesterday and it downloaded the three I was wanting...strange...I still don't know what/why it happened...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble