The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-26, 05:40 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisattva
don't forget the part at the bottom:

later ya'll!
This is Zomb's proposition: "we reward all donors a free gift, depending on how much is sent."

Without swearing or shouting at me, could you please explain what this means? You're explicitly saying that the "gift" or purchase is incumbent upon how money is spent. Now you're saying all members can receive a gift. Doesn't this strike you as completely contradictory or have you decided to change your mind once again for the better?

Last edited by zombfuckingsucks; 2007-05-26 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2007-05-26, 05:49 PM
Banned for excessive taping
120.29 GB/343.52 GB/2.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbrown77
Sebastian: Did you really think that when you released this recording to the public that you could really keep it off of any particular site or stop it from being re-encoded to mp3 (which I understand has happened and is now circulating)?
I knew it would probably be impossible. I was expecting it to turn up on the Zomb about a week after my initial seed here. I don't think I would have had as much of problem with that as I have now. I'm not even sure whether or not I would have even checked the Zomb myself. A friend of mine pointed out to me that the recording was being shared there almost immediately after I finished seeding it. And I found that to be rather disrespectful towards a taper (once again).

There still is no valid reason why the recording needed to be reseeded there. If this was all about sharing the music the Zomb mods could have just posted links to the TTD torrents on their site. But this was just a welcome opportunity for them to give me the finger. I can live with that, as I said earlier. It's no big deal for me.

Edit: Let me just add that the reasons for my dislike of the Zomb are not personal differences with staff members (c'mon, there are assholes everywhere), but rather the aggressive donation policy of that side. I think I have already elaborated enough on that earlier.
Old 2007-05-26, 05:52 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombfuckingsucks
"Depending on how much money is spent."... Without swear or yelling at me, could you please explain what this means? You're explicitly saying that the "gift" or purchase is incumbent upon how money is spent. Now you're saying
all members can receive a gift. Doesn't this strike you as completely contradictory?
read the text, nowhere does it say "Depending on how much money is spent"

you are changing the text.

If a member donates a dollar or two and they give their address we will likely send them a few stickers.

If someone is generous enough to donate a substantial amount of money they'll get more stickers, maybe someting even nicer.

No one is selling anything. No one gets to choose what they get. If we choose to send people who donated a gift, thats is our perogative. We are not selling anything. Anyone is eligible to get free gifts from us. We can send stuff to the entire membership. But donaters who give us their address are given the option to get the free gifts automatically. If the don't give their address, its ok. And they can tell us they don't want it.

Now, do you care to tell people why you have a personal vendetta against ZOMB? lay it on the table, what did you do to get banned? because I know, and it all goes back to friends of yours being banned for making rude and disruptive comments in our forums, attacking members for no reason at all.
Than everyone can see why you are such a "righteous" crusader running his unsubstantiated audits on our spending policies. yes again, another personal vendetta, but this time due to people breaking basic site rules about trolling, spamming, fighting.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:06 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

Quote:
I disagree with this interpretation. Otherwise prostitutes could use this argument as their defense for soliciting sex for money.
ummmm...usually you are friends with the person you are doing the favor for in the scenario I purposed...if the hooker was gonna do ya anyway and you just felt like givin her some cash, then that would be the same thing, but in the case of prostitution, you were not going to have sex with her (or him ) until you paid the money

if you don't actually get anything (except maybe an inflated ego) for your donations then, in my book, it's all good
Old 2007-05-26, 06:12 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
read the text, nowhere does it say "Depending on how much money is spent"

you are changing the text.
Absolutely not, that was a direct quote from Zomb's donation proposition on its donation page and people who have seen it can attest that it is correctly quoted. Please answer the question.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:13 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
ummmm...if the hooker was gonna do ya anyway and you just felt like givin her some cash, then that would be the same thing, but in the case of prostitution, you were not going to have sex with her (or him ) until you paid the money
what site has hookers?! how much do you have to donate.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:14 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Id like to chim in with my 2 cents.First off I have NO ratio because of a shitty computer and dial up service.I do however write and send a check when I can to help out.I could care less if they bought pie and ice cream with it.There HAS to be alot of work that gets put ino this site.Breaking up childish fights is one of them it looks like.Ive never heard anyone say you HAVE to donate or your ratio HAS to be 1:1 but then again nobody tells you you HAVE to download that dvd or show either.Ive met alot of really cool people here.Ive met alot of folks I feel really sorry for also.Ive gotton tons and tons of great music and dvd's I would otherwise NOT have been able to get {as most sites are going strictly torrent} and I feel blessed because of it.Ive been able to share that music and see someone else become as excited as I was when I got it.Really,what difference does it make where the money goes?As long as you can get up in the morning or whenever and get whatever it is you want,isnt it "all good?" Personally Id have to induce copius amounts of drugs just to be a moderator here sometimes.Jeez!
Old 2007-05-26, 06:17 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Absolutely not, that was a direct quote from Zomb's donation proposition on its donation page and people who have seen it can attest that it is correctly quoted. Please answer the question.
re-read the part you put in bold text a few responses up.

i don't see that text anywhere, and I have answered the question.

do you have a hard problem comphrehending what you read?

anyone on our site is eligible for free zomb gear. Just so happens when someone donates we have the option of getting their address automatically. If they choose to give it to us we'll send them a free gift. if someone who hasn't donated requests a free gift we will give them something as well. we do not force people to send us money.

please read what i write several times until you can fully comphrehend it before asking me the same questions over and over.

I'm finished talking with you about this, I'm not going to answer the questions for you again.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:18 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh
what site has hookers?! how much do you have to donate.
you didn't hear, we started that last night.

we are going to put a few girls and guys through college.

lets hope the trolls get sarcasm.

Old 2007-05-26, 06:21 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

i dont understand this use of sarcasm on the internet...

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:22 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

No. But I have trouble comprehending the spelling of comphrehending.

You wrote that gifts are given "depending on how much is sent." So people will get what they paid essentially. How can you reconcile this and make the claim that it's not a sale. Stop forging excuses to dodge these questions. If you find yourself in a position where you can not rationally justify Zomb's actions, then take your ball and go home.

Quote:
re-read the part you put in bold text a few responses up.

i don't see that text anywhere, and I have answered the question.

do you have a hard problem comphrehending what you read?

anyone on our site is eligible for free zomb gear. Just so happens when someone donates we have the option of getting their address automatically. If they choose to give it to us we'll send them a free gift. if someone who hasn't donated requests a free gift we will give them something as well. we do not force people to send us money.

please read what i write several times until you can fully comphrehend it before asking me the same questions over and over.

I'm finished talking with you about this, I'm not going to answer the questions for you again.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:25 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

i hope all you are happy...

it has just been brought to my attention that 3 horses have been killed in the course of this thread.

continue your banter.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:25 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustthex
i dont understand this use of sarcasm on the internet...
you mean he is lying again .... that is SO NOT NICE !

im never gonna meet any hot babes on the internet. this sucks
Old 2007-05-26, 06:29 PM
6.17 GB/44.60 GB/7.23

Quote:
No. But I have trouble comprehending the spelling of comphrehending.

You wrote that gifts are given "depending on how much is sent." So people will get what they paid essentially. How can you reconcile this and make the claim that it's not a sale. Stop forging excuses to dodge these questions.
obviosuly you understood the typo if you wrote the correct word.

we will recognize those who have sent more. maybe we'll even give them a special colored star, how do you like that? does that sound like a good transaction to, if we give them an online star, will that count as a transaction in your book?

christ dude, you are upset that people will receive 25 cent stickers? get off your high horse and find something more important to center your energies on. any member of our site can have the stickers, ANYONE!!!

if we choose to give a donor more stickers, thats our choice!!!

let that sink into your skull for awhile. you are like a broken record, you make me repeat myself so often that you have me a little irked. its obviously we view things entirely different. you aren't a member of my site, so none of it concerns you.

anything the ZOMB has to offer, we don't offer you.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:32 PM
zombfuckingsucks
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
obviosuly you understood the typo if you wrote the correct word.

we will recognize those who have sent more. maybe we'll even give them a special colored star, how do you like that? does that sound like a good transaction to, if we give them an online star, will that count as a transaction in your book?

christ dude, you are upset that people will receive 25 cent stickers? get off your high horse and find something more important to center your energies on. any member of our site can have the stickers, ANYONE!!!

if we choose to give a donor more stickers, thats our choice!!!

let that sink into your skull for awhile. you are like a broken record, you make me repeat myself so often that you have me a little irked. its obviously we view things entirely different. you aren't a member of my site, so none of it concerns you.

anything the ZOMB has to offer, we don't offer you.
...and the increased download power that Zomb staff have been advertising and spamming on other message boards to entice people to purchase from Zomb? Yes I recognize that it is your choice to sell these things, but it's an unethical and illegal choice. It's also not a typo if you spelled it incorrectly the same way twice, while accusing me of comprehension problems for the purpose of avoiding questions
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions