The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-07, 04:15 PM
103.40 GB/9.20 GB/0.09

Help, Raising Share Ratio

Well I see my ratio over here and DIME is very,very low. I know you guys dont like that and I understand. I dont like it either because over at DIME, it says I cant download until i raise my ratio to 0.25. My main problem is that ive deleted most of the files from previous downloads and just saved them to DVD's. So my question is, what do I do to raise my ratio fast. It says im at 0.08 over here. Also how do I check my ratio on my torrent program. I have transmission.

Thanks a bunch
Eddie
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-07, 04:45 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Re: Help, Raising Share Ratio

DVD's are easy. Just download the torrent you want to reseed and start it as if you were downloading for the first time. That will create the directory structure of the torrent on your HD. Stop your torrent.

Then, put the DVD in and drag the TS_Video directory from the DVD to the TS_Video directory on your hard drive.

Start your torrent up again (maybe you'll have to download a new torrent file). Your client should then check all the files you've copied into the TS_Video directory and get you up to 100% at which point you will start seeding.

If there is txt file or artwork that you didn't save you'd have to redownload those but that shouldn't take long.

You've got a long way to go.

Last edited by dcbullet; 2007-08-07 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2007-08-07, 05:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you saved the files exactly as you got them (ie. you didn't change the names at all), then just drag/drop the folder back to your harddrive, grab the torrent file, and when it asks where to save the files, point it to the folder you just drag/dropped.

The best thing to do is to seed each show to a 1:1 ratio before removing them from your drive. Or, if you are on a real popular show, you can seed to a much higher ratio and then you don't need to worry about the less popular shows.

Get rid of Transmission. It does not play well with trackers. Get Azureus or BitTorrent.

Old 2007-08-07, 05:31 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

you could also leave yer torrents running for a few days after they're finished d/ling...by the looks of yer stats and join date, i'm guessing you've downloaded a ton of shows and closed each one as soon as they were finished...

typically, i'll leave a torrent running for atleast a day or two after its finished d/ling, longer if i haven't reached a 1:1 ratio in that time
Old 2007-08-07, 11:23 PM
103.40 GB/9.20 GB/0.09

heres my main problem,

in order to raise my ratio over at DIME, I need to seed a completed download. Well the problem is I cant finish any of them or download anymore because it keeps saying "share ratio violation; please raise your share ratio up to 0.25 first" So theres no way for me to raise my ratio. If anyone has any ideas for me that would be great.

Thanks

Eddie
Old 2007-08-07, 11:42 PM
473.95 GB/532.25 GB/1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie123mi
in order to raise my ratio over at DIME, I need to seed a completed download. Well the problem is I cant finish any of them or download anymore because it keeps saying "share ratio violation; please raise your share ratio up to 0.25 first" So theres no way for me to raise my ratio.
Here is a list of things you can do...

1. Record a show yourself and then seed that recording.
2. Look through your own collection of CDs/DVDs and seed one of those recordings.
3. Do a snail-mail trade with somebody and seed that recording.
4. Go to another torrent site, download a show and then seed it over at Dime.
Old 2007-08-08, 01:37 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie123mi
heres my main problem,

in order to raise my ratio over at DIME, I need to seed a completed download.
Not really. You just need to seed/upload SOMETHING. Doesn't have to be one of the downloads you've grabbed already. As someone just said, essentially get something else that you can upload, and upload it.

Regards, Graham
Old 2007-08-08, 09:54 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Also, you shouldn't download so many shows at a time when your ratio is low. Choose one show to complete, and then seed it real good. Then go onto the next show and so forth.

Old 2007-08-08, 11:56 AM
103.40 GB/9.20 GB/0.09

again another problem. I could do that right, but all the stuff Ive downloaded has been burned and deleted. So Ill have to download something again. ALso if anyone could simplify how to make a torrent and seed it that would be cool. I know theres the guide but Im a bit confused. Also does anyone know why all of a sudden when I download torrent through Transmission, there all real slow. Even with lots of peers.

Eddie
Old 2007-08-08, 02:21 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Personally, I'm pretty amazed that nobody has called you out for being a selfish leech. I don't mind being the first.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble