The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2015-06-08, 09:02 AM
838.18 GB/3.22 TB/3.94

Peerblock - Stealth Firewall Issues

Howdy,

I have properly configured my router and Utorrent using Port Forward.com settings to allow BT connections. I believe Peer Block is causing issues that make my client (Utorrent 3.2) appear firewalled. I am considering opening up the port I use for BT in Peerblock. However, I am concerned this action may allow unwanted connections. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-06-08, 11:08 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Re: Peerblock - Stealth Firewall Issues

Could be that peer block is blocking our ip (199.101.99.188).

see http://www.peerblock.com/docs/faq#how_to_allow

Sometimes the IP addresses programs need to connect to may end up on one of the blocklists you've configured PeerBlock to use. This can cause software to not download new updates, Windows Update to no longer work, programs to lose connectivity to the internet, etc. Luckily this is easy to fix!
What you'll need to do first is to identify the IP address(es) to which your software needs to connect. For example, let's say you have a program that needs to connect to the Internet when it starts up, but that program is not working. Open the main PeerBlock window, and then start up your problematic program. In the PeerBlock window you should see some blocked IP addresses logged; right-click on these IP-addresses and select "Allow"! You can temporarily allow them for 15 minutes or 1 hour, or you can allow them permanently.
Your "Permanent Allow List" can be edited later by going into the List Manager, selecting the "Permanent Allows" list (lists\permallow.p2b), then clicking the "Open List" button.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble