The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2015-06-16, 08:59 AM
SpikeMeister
123.64 GB/160.92 GB/1.30

Newbie Uploading Confusion

Folks,

I have just started to upload shows to TTD, so please forgive my confusion about the process. I have managed to successfully seed 1 of the 3 shows that I have uploaded to TTD. That was my very first attempt. Since then I have tried twice more, to no avail. These uploaded torrents have lots of leechers attempting download, but nothing is being transferred. I have followed the instructions in the 'How to create an Audio Seed' FAQ, but the transfer rate shows 0.0 kB/sec with more than 30 leechers for more than 12 hours. Can someone suggest how I diagnose whether a problem actually exists?

Also, I am a bit confused about the 10th step in the FAQ:

10. Begin seeding.

Once I have uploaded the torrent, and the new thread is displayed, I assume I click on the link to download a NEW copy of the torrent. Should this NEW torrent overwrite the ORIGINAL torrent that I uploaded, or should it be a COPY with a different file name / location? The FAQ says that this torrent is 'personalized'. What does this mean? The FAQ then says to open the torrent: Should this be the NEW COPY or ORIGINAL torrent?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-06-16, 09:09 AM
1.08 TB/2.25 TB/2.08

Re: Newbie Uploading Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike226 View Post
Folks,

I have just started to upload shows to TTD, so please forgive my confusion about the process. I have managed to successfully seed 1 of the 3 shows that I have uploaded to TTD. That was my very first attempt. Since then I have tried twice more, to no avail. These uploaded torrents have lots of leechers attempting download, but nothing is being transferred. I have followed the instructions in the 'How to create an Audio Seed' FAQ, but the transfer rate shows 0.0 kB/sec with more than 30 leechers for more than 12 hours. Can someone suggest how I diagnose whether a problem actually exists?

Also, I am a bit confused about the 10th step in the FAQ:

10. Begin seeding.

Once I have uploaded the torrent, and the new thread is displayed, I assume I click on the link to download a NEW copy of the torrent. Should this NEW torrent overwrite the ORIGINAL torrent that I uploaded, or should it be a COPY with a different file name / location? The FAQ says that this torrent is 'personalized'. What does this mean? The FAQ then says to open the torrent: Should this be the NEW COPY or ORIGINAL torrent?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You have to download the torrent you uploaded. That 'personalizes it by way of a number unique to you. I think that's what it means direct the torrent you uploaded to the same directory when you download it the initial time. If it says overwrite?' click yes & let it hash check, that should do it.'

PM donohuer if you need more help.

He knows his stuff & is always glad to help.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:10 AM
SpikeMeister
123.64 GB/160.92 GB/1.30

OK. I downloaded the NEW torrent from the TTD link and overwrote my ORIGINAL torrent. I then open the NEW torrent with Vuze(Free)/Azureus, and it starts to DOWNLOAD the show to my computer! Does this behavior make any sense? Why would it download the show if I was the original uploading seeder? I am really confused now! Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:26 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike226 View Post
OK. I downloaded the NEW torrent from the TTD link and overwrote my ORIGINAL torrent. I then open the NEW torrent with Vuze(Free)/Azureus, and it starts to DOWNLOAD the show to my computer! Does this behavior make any sense? Why would it download the show if I was the original uploading seeder? I am really confused now! Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Did you point the new torrent file to the files on your hard drive you meant to upload? If so you should be good and not downloading at all, if you're now downloading I'd guess you didn't direct it to the right folder where your original files are.

If still not working maybe pm a mod in the audio torrent section.

edit: I see you are listed as a leech on your Mike Oldfield 1983-07-22 '10th Anniversary of Tubular Bells' torrent so you must not have that torrent file pointed at your folder, I didn't see you listed on the other torrent.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:40 PM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

Alex and Homebrew are right, have a look here:

http://blog.vuze.com/2014/01/24/vuze...ent-file-vuze/

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble