The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-02-28, 08:59 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

problems with uTorrent 1.7.7

Having trouble downloading, when a download starts it goes up to about 100 kb/s download and then I get an error that says "Access is denied." two seconds later.

I was downloading earlier this week perfectly fine now I get this?

Any ideas? Irked I want to finish downloading so I can seed?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-02-28, 10:37 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: problems with uTorrent 1.7.7

Access is denied? That's pretty strange. That isn't an error from our tracker cuz we don't have any error like that. Do you live anywhere were you have any sort of data transfer limit? (Although, they usually would let you go over and then just charge you.)

Old 2008-02-29, 06:05 AM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Access is denied? That's pretty strange. That isn't an error from our tracker cuz we don't have any error like that. Do you live anywhere were you have any sort of data transfer limit? (Although, they usually would let you go over and then just charge you.)
We do have upload/download limits set at 75GB each. Pain in the ass. But still. This has never happened before, usually we just get billed, we've only gone over once, last month by 8 GB and they charge $1 per GB so it was $8 extra on our bill.
Old 2008-02-29, 06:09 AM
2.90 TB/59.61 GB/0.02

my limit is 12gb
Old 2008-02-29, 03:58 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

found a fix, atleast I think so...

http://gtsamis.wordpress.com/2007/10...windows-vista/

ignore the greek stuff, do the english stuff in the middle. just did this and it works perfectly fine! (if you have Vista).

*knocks on wood*
Old 2008-02-29, 04:10 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thanks for posting how to resolve this issue. Too often, people fix their issue and never share what the solution was!

I'm posting this straight from the link you posted just in case something happens to the site. All credit goes to Tech News in Greek.

Quote:
Yes, finally the thing you’ve been waiting for, solving windows vista.
After reading forums i found tons of info. which helped me.
First thing, turn off windows firewall, which you should already have off cuz that’s a no-brainer.

Second, download the torrent and put it in a new folder that u make on the desktop, u could just call it torrents.

Third, right clik that folder after putting torrents in it, and clik properties, then click advanced… and then uncheck the box that says indexing, hit apply, and apply it to folders and subfolders if it asks you.

Fourth, go into that folder with the torrent already in it and highlight it and right click it, then click properties, then u should see Unblock, Advanced…, or both, if you see both click Unblock then click Advanced… and again uncheck box that says index this file…

(Fifth) go to start menu then computer then folders which is located at the bottom left hand side corner of that window and then click desktop and then click/highlight your computer’s name (mine is iceman so i would go to start menu then computer then desktop then iceman) then double click App Data on the right hand side of this window (note this is a hidden folder so make sure ur folder options are set to view hidden folders and files) then double click Roaming on right hand side and find uTorrent folder on right hand side (note: ONLY if you don’t see uTorrent folder here simply go to ur C: then program files then uTorrent folder and make a new blank txt file and name it settings.dat) and double clik that and highlight any one of the one files and hold ctrl button push A or simply select them all and copy them and go to ur C: then program files then uTorrent folder and paste them there.

Once you have done that go back to ur uTorrent folder that was in the App Data/Roaming section (if you had one) and right click the uTorrent folder and right click it and click advanced… and again uncheck box that says index this folder… and do this again with the uTorrent folder found in your C:/program files/

Once you have done both of those go to both those folders’ properties again and this time there should be a tab at the top that says security, click that tab, and find the usernames in the window below it and then find the edit button below that and click the edit button and make sure your administrative username (mine is Iceman) is highlighted (there maybe be more than one, like i had 2 Iceman things, so highlight them both and do the same) and make sure that the boxes full control, write, read, execute, etc. are checked under Allow (basically all should be allowed!) and hit apply (don’t forget do this with BOTH folders)

Make sure uTorrent is not running and start it up and add torrent files (note: idk but u prolly don’t wanna double clik the torrent and then it automatically starts up the program cuz the torrent would be running and also be in use w/ folder viewing) from the program itself and make sure it’s saved in C:\program files\uTorrent\ (basically save the torrent u download in uTorrent folder that is in the program files section, other folders may work but my documents didn’t work for me, just said access denied when torrent started)

That should be it (if all else fails go to the torrents right clik then click properties then clik on security tabs on those and make sure all is checked under allow there too)

PLEASE REPLY if this helped u at all cuz it took me about 20minutes to type and i prolly explained it wrong! lemme know if u need help about the ERROR: Access Denied error in uTorrent…hope it helped…i’m out for now…i’ll check bak lata to see if it worked or if u need me. oh and sorry i stopped numbering the steps after Five LOL

EDIT: One more VERY IMPORTANT thing that I just found out is go to the c: then program files then utorrent folder and find utorrent the program (utorrent.exe), right click it and make sure run as administrator is checked! Otherwise you will get error Access Denied for all your torrents.

Old 2008-02-29, 04:27 PM
THE PROSTITUTE
TTD VIP
619.63 GB/14.06 TB/23.23

it's a little confusing but it helped me out no doubt!!
Old 2008-03-03, 05:39 PM
GDF
478.13 GB/578.38 GB/1.21

Interesting thread. Thanks for posting the links.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble