The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-20, 03:31 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: VHS Transfers & Quality [moved from the Van Halen Largo thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue View Post
Thats laughable because:

1. Ive uploaded over multiple sites and id say around 30 or more things ive transferred.

2. Because all you have uploaded from vhs tapes is a couple of what appears to be multi-generated Blind Melon. Ugh.

Well than why have you only uploaded two multi-generated Blind Melon? Ugh.
what the hell are you talkin about? you continue to prove what everyone who's known you from other boards say

look, i don't need to justify anything, but you seem to have strange perception of this hobby and those involved with it so i'll break it down for ya...i'm a TAPER, i tape and author shows that i filmed or audio recorded, as a hobby to promote the bands i like...its not hard to find all the shows i've taped and u/led here, the link is either just left of this post or above

i transferred the Melon tapes for a bunch of the Melon forum folks who wanted them transferred cuz they were either upgrades to what was circulating or uncirculated all together, so i did it as a favor...is that a problem for you? do they not deserve to be able to watch something by their favorite band?

which brings us to the point --yer comment that i bolded above comes off extremely immature, like a kid lashing out...it'd would be like me saying, "oh you only transfer vhs tapes? pfft...yer not a taper, so you don't matter"

and i hate to tell you, but 30 transfers even in the amateur collector world does not make one a god, or even a notable contributor really...i'm not knockin you, just sayin watch out for these delusions of grandeur -- it makes you look like an ass, or worse a complete nutter

Quote:
Admitted? Are you serious? I do all that actually. But you dont wanna believe that..
okay, what programs are you using? hardware? exactly what post-production/restoration are you doing?

please fill us in, cuz according to every show you've u/led here, and the ones i've run across searching real quick, its nothing but a bunch of built-in "processors" on yer deck and camcorder passthroughs...no post production whatsoever...which then begs the question, if yer not lying here & you "do all that actually" -- are you lying on yer lineages?

Quote:
Total bullshit. Dont come on to a trading forum/torrent site and announce you have years in the entertainment industry then if you have nothing to show for it. Excuses excuses excuses.
so yer sayin you'd want me to u/l a documentary, commercial, or film that i've worked on [most of which are not even music related, a few that are], all of which are copyrighted works & commercially available, just to prove to you or anyone else here i work in film? yer sayin you find it acceptable to torrent officially released material? cuz thats not acceptable here, or any of the other collector/trading communities

as people from other trading communities have pointed out here and in other threads [which you wanted deleted], yer blind arrogance and obvious lack of knowledge has created a real reputation for yerself...and comments like the above really further that...if yer fine with tht then cool -- just know that while you are patting yerself on the back everyone else is

Quote:
Theres only talk about how great it is, because you keep questioning it and denying it. You refuse to accept it.
You also refuse to accept that my friend or myself has access to hundreds of masters. Bottom line, if there wasnt a discussion about this, id have more time to upload stuff if I didnt have to respond to garbage like this. You can believe what you want, but all that matters is results and I provide them and will continue to regardless of anybodys opinion.
i'm not denying or refusing to accept anything...you've continued making grandiose claims with no substantial evidence ...and yer not the first, this is something thats become more and more commonplace thanks to the intardnet, people who need to feed their ego because they can't get any self-worth outta real life

as you said, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! and if this site is so bad like you keep alluding to, why are you still here?! take yer tapes somewhere else! hell, start yer own trading site

but please, once answering the post-production question that i do feel is extremely important -- quit posting in here with empty claims and start u/ling all those masters & upgrades that everyone just can't live without...
cuz if ya don't yer just full of shit and we'll all keep posting back, pointing and laughing, cuz its funny to those of us who've been all thru this before
Old 2010-03-20, 04:12 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
look, i don't need to justify anything
Yes you certainly do, if you are gonna criticise or question anything I do, you are gonna damn be sure im gonna do the same to you.

Quote:
i'm a TAPER
Dont make me laugh. I know real tapers, believe me. Dont even suggest you are a taper to me.

Quote:
i transferred the Melon tapes for a bunch of the Melon forum folks who wanted them transferred cuz they were either upgrades to what was circulating or uncirculated all together, so i did it as a favor...is that a problem for you?
Yes it is a problem. I wouldnt waste my time with anything multigenerated.

Quote:
yer comment that i bolded above comes off extremely immature, like a kid lashing out...
Believe me, you havent seen me lash out. If anything its immature to accuse me of lying or making empty claims.

Quote:
and i hate to tell you, but 30 transfers even in the amateur collector world does not make one a god
Talk about laughable. You question every sentence, every word, everything I say and yet you are calling ME the God? You are losing your mind!

Quote:
or even a semi-large contributor...i'm not knockin you, but watch out with these delusions of grandeur is all i'm saying
You have officially lost your mind.

Quote:
...it makes you look like an ass, or worse a complete nutter
I think the best example of that is someone who lives in the US but talks like hes in England.

Quote:
as people from other trading communities have pointed out here and in other threads [which you wanted deleted], yer blind arrogance and obvious lack of knowledge has created a real reputation for yerself...
I havent created any reputation for myself. There is gonna be a few bad apples in a bunch and of course their posts should be deleted. Why havent they been? Even you said it shouldnt get personal but lets face it, you have now made this personal with me and I suspect its because either you are jealous and/or you cant face reality.

Quote:
you've continued making grandiose claims with no substantial evidence ...
Ive made no grandiose claims.

Quote:
and yer not the first, this is something thats become more and more commonplace thanks to the intardnet, people who need to feed their ego because they can't get any self-worth outta real life
The best example of that is when you said you were a taper.
You must be joking.

Quote:
as you said, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! and if this site is so bad like you keep alluding to, why are you still here?! take yer tapes somewhere else! hell, start yer own trading site
Ill upload whenever I feel like it and not because you want something to make unnecessary criticisms about.

Quote:
but please, once answering the post-production question that i do feel is extremely important
We're not gonna get into minutia.

Quote:
quit posting in here with empty claims and start u/ling all those masters & upgrades that everyone just can't live without...[/b]cuz if ya don't yer just full of shit and we'll all keep posting back, pointing and laughing, cuz its funny to those of us who've been all thru this before
Ill type like an english guy to you. "Are you mad, Guvnah?".
Old 2010-03-20, 04:19 PM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Quote:
Dont make me laugh. I know real tapers, believe me. Dont even suggest you are a taper to me.

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2010-03-20, 05:09 PM
172.31 GB/208.97 GB/1.21

10 bucks and I can give you a taper license.
Old 2010-03-20, 05:11 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue on 03-19-10, 07:50 PM View Post
I am one of the greats in the entire trading and collecting community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue on 03-20-10, 05:12 PM View Post
Ive made no grandiose claims.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder

SYMPTOMS: the essential feature of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in a variety of situations and environments.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

* Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

* Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

* Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

* Requires excessive admiration

* Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

* Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

* Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

* Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

* Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.[/quote]
Old 2010-03-20, 05:17 PM
172.31 GB/208.97 GB/1.21

Sorry Doc, but there's nothing about denying claims that he's a narcissistic person among those symptoms.
Old 2010-03-20, 05:54 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Old 2010-03-20, 06:17 PM
304.10 GB/469.31 GB/1.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_them_all1000 View Post
10 bucks and I can give you a taper license.
It's 50 bucks for an "old school" license, sonny.....
Old 2010-03-20, 06:32 PM
130.02 GB/1.99 TB/15.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkisscrue
I wouldn't waste my time with anything multigenerated
I almost peed myself at that one. Considering this thread arose from a thread in which you posted a torrent for a DVD that was made, if people believe your lineage, from a second gen tape. (Which I still find doubtful) And if you want to go one step further your DVD is a dub as well - so that, going off your lineage, would make it a 3rd gen that people are viewing.

Oh - and as for the whole post production thing - do you even know what that means? Every time you have "discussed" what you do you say all you do is hit play on one source and hit record on another. You then say you send that stand alone burned DVD out to someone else for "authoring". If anyone is remotely close to doing any post on your work it is the person who is doing the authoring.

Last edited by boxedart; 2010-03-20 at 06:41 PM.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:16 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

wow, alrighty then...i see all attempts at logic, reasonable discussion and reality are cimpletely futile here

i guess good luck in yer transfers & contributions then...i am definitely outmatched by such greatnesss, guvnah!
Old 2010-03-20, 08:26 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedart
I almost peed myself at that one. Considering this thread arose from a thread in which you posted a torrent for a DVD that was made, if people believe your lineage, from a second gen tape. (Which I still find doubtful) And if you want to go one step further your DVD is a dub as well - so that, going off your lineage, would make it a 3rd gen that people are viewing.
If it makes you comfortable to think that you downloaded a 3rd gen, that is fine but you didnt. I honestly think you must be mentally ill and im not kidding around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxedart
Oh - and as for the whole post production thing - do you even know what that means? Every time you have "discussed" what you do you say all you do is hit play on one source and hit record on another. You then say you send that stand alone burned DVD out to someone else for "authoring". If anyone is remotely close to doing any post on your work it is the person who is doing the authoring.
This is what this thread has come down to, a couple of peoples mentally ill obsession with the minutia as well as every single word or sentence I have to say. You two can carry on and on and on and on for as long as you like, its not gonna change what I do, its not gonna affect what I do, and its not gonna dictate what I do. I will continue to do what I do because I know I am the best at it.

Last edited by sabkisscrue; 2010-03-20 at 08:32 PM.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:52 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

As promised, this is simply a short list and by no means all the Metallica upgrades ive been responsible for:

1986.11.09 Anaheim, CA, USA 1 DVD AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellawaits77
1988.06.04 Miami, FL, USA 1 DVD AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Norbino
1988.11.30 Oklahoma City, OK, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellawaits77
1989.02.15 West Palm Beach, FL, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellawaits77
1989.03.04 Pittsburgh, PA, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1989.03.12 Philadelphia, PA, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Norbino
1989.03.15 Troy, NY, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrure
1989.04.04 Halifax, NS, Canada 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1989.04.18 Peoria, IL, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Norbino
1989.07.29 Allentown, PA, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1990.06.29 Toronto, ON, Canada 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Metfan91
1991.11.01 Muskegon, MI, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1991.11.03 Auburn Hills, MI, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellonearthinc
1991.12.19 Uniondale, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1991.12.20 Uniondale, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.01.06 Inglewood, CA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 2nd Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.01.07 Inglewood, CA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 2nd Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.02.13 Inglewood, CA, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Metfan91
1992.02.29 Providence, RI, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.03.15 Jacksonville, FL, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 2nd Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.03.16 Orlando Arena, FL, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellonearthinc
1992.04.04 East Rutherford, NJ, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.04.08 East Rutherford, NJ, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.04.12 Binghamton, NY, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.04.16 Hartford, CT, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.05.10 Daly City, CA, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1992.11.24 Dortmund, Germany 3 DVDs AUD PAL 2nd Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1993.02.15 Amherst, MA, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1993.02.19 St. Petersburg, FL, USA 4 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
Old 2010-03-20, 08:55 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
I will continue to do what I do because I know I am the best at it.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder

SYMPTOMS: the essential feature of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in a variety of situations and environments.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

* Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

* Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

* Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

* Requires excessive admiration

* Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

* Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

* Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

* Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

* Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:57 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

1994.06.05 Syracuse, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1994.06.08 Wantagh, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1994.06.15 Mechanicsburg, PA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1994.06.17 Middletown, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/metallifre...
1994.06.17 Middletown, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 2nd Sabkisscrue/metallifre...
1994.06.22 Clarkston, MI, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1996.06.04 San Jose, CA, USA 1 DVD AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1996.06.04 Sacramento, CA, USA 1 DVD AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1996.07.27 Chandler, AZ, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Norbino
1996.12.19 Fresno, CA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1996.12.29 Sacramento, CA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Damageinc777
1996.12.31 San Jose, CA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Helloneart...
1997.01.05 Phoenix, AZ, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.01.29 Minneapolis, MN, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.02.28 Uniondale, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.03.01 Worcester, MA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.03.08 Philadelphia, PA, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.03.10 New York, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st abkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.03.11 New York, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st abkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.01 East Rutherford, NJ, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.04 Hartford, CT, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.04 Hartford, CT, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.05 Providence, RI, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.05 Providence, RI, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1997.04.06 Albany, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC Master Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1998.11.24 New York, NY, USA 2 DVDs PRO NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
1999.11.23 New York, NY, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
2000.01.07 Minneapolis, MN, USA 3 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Norbino
2000.01.09 Minneapolis, MN, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Invaders
2000.07.04 Baltimore, MD, USA 3 DVDs PRO NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/DamageInc777
2000.07.20 East Rutherford, NJ, USA 2 DVDs AUD NTSC 1st Sabkisscrue/Hellawaits77

This is Metallica alone and not a complete list and I was wrong, much more than 30 (twice that). My bad.

Last edited by sabkisscrue; 2010-03-20 at 09:02 PM.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:10 PM
146.32 GB/192.48 GB/1.32

A few Kiss upgrades ive either acquired or transferred, mainly transferred:

KISS 1-26-76 Detroit, MI
KISS 9-1-77 Houston, TX
KISS 9-2-77 Houston, TX
KISS 7-8-79 Largo, MD
KISS 3-16-86 Des Moines, IA
KISS 12-19-97 New Haven, CT
KISS 1-17-88 Saginaw, MI
KISS 1-26-88 Poughkeepsie, NY
KISS 2-12-88 Hollywood, FL
KISS 8-2-90 Orlando, FL
KISS 8-3-90 Miami, FL
KISS 8-4-90 Tampa, FL
KISS 8-17-90 Jackson, MS
KISS 8-18-90 Shreveport, LA
KISS 8-19-90 Biloxi, MS
KISS 8-21-90 Houston, TX
KISS 8-22-90 San Antonio, TX
KISS 8-24-90 Little Rock, AR
KISS 8-25-90 Oklahoma City, OK
KISS 10-13-90 London, Ontario, Canada
KISS 10-27-90 New Haven, CT
KISS 10-1-92 Bethlehem, PA
KISS 10-2-92 Binghampton, NY
KISS 10-11-92 Uniondale, NY
KISS 10-29-92 Daytona Beach, FL
KISS 10-31-92 Miami, FL
KISS 11-22-92 Toledo, OH
KISS 12-16-92 Sacramento, CA
KISS 12-16-92 Sacramento, CA
KISS 12-19-92 San Bernadino, CA
KISS 7-30-94 Nashville, TN
KISS 9-1-94 Santiago, Chile
KISS 9-3-94 Buenos Aries, Argentina
KISS 10-21-94 Phoenix, AZ
KISS 1-28-95 Nagoya, Japan
KISS 6-17-95 Burbank, CA
KISS 6-17-95 Burbank, CA
KISS 6-24-95 Las Vegas, NV
KISS 6-15-96 Irvine, CA
KISS 6-30-96 Louisville, Kentucky
KISS 7-2-96 St. Louis, MO
KISS 7-3-96 Kansas City, MO
KISS 7-5-96 Dallas, TX
KISS 7-6-96 Houston, TX
KISS 7-25-96 New York City, NY
KISS 8-21-96 Phoenix, AZ
KISS 8-23-96 Los Angeles, CA
KISS 8-24-96 Inglewood, CA
KISS 8-25-96 Los Angeles, CA
KISS 9-22-96 Orlando, FL
KISS 10-1-96 Atlanta, GA
KISS 10-8-96 Philly, PA
KISS 10-21-96 Chicago, IL
KISS 10-31-96 Irvine, CA
KISS 11-1-96 Irvine, CA
KISS 11-25-96 London, England
KISS 12-7-96 Gothenburg, Sweden
KISS 12-18-96 Milano, Italy
KISS 12-31-96 East Rutherford, NJ
KISS 4-5-97 Columbus, GA
KISS 4-20-97 Cedar Rapids, IA
KISS 10-31-98 Los Angeles, CA
KISS 11-18-98 University Park, PA
KISS 11-21-98 Philly, PA
KISS 11-25-98 Hartford, CT
KISS 11-27-98 Long Island, NY
KISS 12-29-98 Chicago, IL
KISS 3-15-99 Milan, Italy
KISS 3-12-00 Tucson, AZ
KISS 3-19-00 San Diego, CA
KISS 3-21-00 Bakersfield, CA
KISS 3-23-00 Oakland, CA
KISS 5-2-00 Charleston, WV
KISS 5-9-00 Toledo, OH
KISS 5-11-00 Chicago, IL
KISS 6-28-00 East Rutherford, NJ
KISS 7-22-00 George, WA (The Gorge)
KISS 9-15-00 Binghampton, NY

Last edited by sabkisscrue; 2010-03-20 at 09:20 PM.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble