The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-25, 04:25 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8juice
Well, hell, I just sat around & waited for a day, using Azureus 2.1.0.4 & had those common errors, torrent not whatever, passkey whatever... Woke up this morning & thought, why not log out? Been on remember me for a while. Re-downloaded the torrent files yet again & it works. Now I can get back to seeding those 2 Beatles dvd's & the Bad Company thing as soon as I'm done uploading some stuff to a newsgroup. They don't care about copyrights, heh. Anyway, I'm sure glad I finished off my downloads of these 3 dvd's before things changed, otherwise I would've been just one among the many going, what? Don't know if logging out & back in again will work for you or if it all got sorted out by the one & only U2Lynne but I'm happy & that's all that counts, eh? Sorry my share ratio is so shabby, I'll try & improve it in the days to come... Thanks for all your work, darling. I love you.
Dude update your Azureus. It's up to 2.4 now...
Old 2006-05-25, 04:43 PM
V.I.P. Very Immense Penis
599.73 GB/477.23 GB/0.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
Dude update your Azureus. It's up to 2.4 now...
As if I didn't know, works fine for me, thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-25, 05:33 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

I'm using Azureus and it says 'invalid passkey' I redownloaded the torrent file too

edit: I think I may have spoken too soon...let me exit azureus and restart it and I think that will help

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-05-25, 05:58 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP
206.73 GB/1.15 TB/5.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi420
I'm using Azureus and it says 'invalid passkey' I redownloaded the torrent file too

edit: I think I may have spoken too soon...let me exit azureus and restart it and I think that will help
update: things are now working just fine after the restart

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Old 2006-05-25, 06:20 PM
498.67 GB/271.41 GB/0.54

Hello,

I just switched from Bit Torrent to Azureus, which at first I did not want to do but happy I did now. I've been downloading the Beatles Winter of Discontent Torrent since yesterday and the file size on my computer is 4 GB's and I'am up to about 97%, but on the Peers List on your site it says I only downloaded 9% or 162 MB's. Is this bad and is there anyway I can fix it to update properly with my current torrent? Attached is a print screen from earlier today to show you guys/girls what I mean. Thanks for any help.

Thank you.
Old 2006-05-25, 06:29 PM
452.67 GB/45.66 GB/0.10

Red face Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

BITTORNADO:

""ERROR
rejected by tracker - Invalid passkey (0 - )""

¿what?
Old 2006-05-25, 06:43 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Did you delete your old torrent out of bittornado and then add the new one in, point it to the existing files, and then let it start up? We were having problems with bittornado yesterday, but haven't heard much about it today (and there are several people using it that are currently on the tracker). To make sure that you are using the torrent with the passkey, open it up in notepad and you should see the work passkey=xxxxx(tons of numbers/letters) right after announce.php in the first line of your torrent file.

Old 2006-05-25, 06:53 PM
4.26 TB/6.63 TB/1.56

Lynne and staff,

Thanks for all the work on this....we know it's tons of details to wade through and trying to get them all to work. And thanks for keeping us posted and advised.
Old 2006-05-25, 07:42 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink Winkerson
Hello,

I just switched from Bit Torrent to Azureus, which at first I did not want to do but happy I did now. I've been downloading the Beatles Winter of Discontent Torrent since yesterday and the file size on my computer is 4 GB's and I'am up to about 97%, but on the Peers List on your site it says I only downloaded 9% or 162 MB's. Is this bad and is there anyway I can fix it to update properly with my current torrent? Attached is a print screen from earlier today to show you guys/girls what I mean. Thanks for any help.

Thank you.
it could be that your old client wasn't pre-allocating and azureus does. this means that the files become their full size before the download is complete, which is good for preventing fragmentation. the % in your client's window should be accurate, does that match the (aprox.) 9%?

you can also test the files using the .md5, if it fails you most likely haven't finished yet.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-05-25, 09:19 PM
750.56 GB/828.53 GB/1.10

[quote=AAR.oner]

oh and everyone:

IT'S JUST A MUSIC TRADING SITE...YOUR LIFE IS NOT ENDING IF YOU DON'T GET THAT SHOW UNTIL TOMORROW

All whiners should be required to type the above statement 500 times.
Old 2006-05-25, 10:26 PM
498.67 GB/271.41 GB/0.54

Hey Five,

Thanks for the reply.

"the % in your client's window should be accurate, does that match the (aprox.) 9%?"

Yes, the client's window does match the 9 % listed in the Peers List. Azureus pre-allocates the files, ok I think I got the gist of how Azures works now. So I guess I'am all set nothing seems to be wrong then.

Thanks for the help!
Old 2006-05-26, 12:19 AM
1.05 TB/3.90 TB/3.73

I just re-opened a window on the Beach Boys Sacramento '64 shows to help out the four downloaders who got stranded. I am using Azureus 2.4.0.2. It seems to be working properly.

In my experience, Azureus is a resource hog that can brutalize older Win-Tel computers and Utorrent is buggy and crashes routers (it sure crashes mine). I hope folks will still be able to use stable low impact clients like BitTornado and Bittorrent on this site.
Old 2006-05-26, 12:24 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

you're welcome

glad to hear its okay

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-05-26, 12:48 AM
Kurt Streuber
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hey guys, I have a strange problem here. I am visually impaired, and I use a screen reading program that reads the text to me off the screen. I cannot tell what error I'm getting, but I just downloaded bittorrent, and can't open a single show without it giving me some kind of error message. Some will open, but not download, they'll just sit there. If you can help me I'd really appreciate it. In case you need it, my email is: [email protected]
Thanks, and sorry for being an ideot on this stuff.
Kurt
Old 2006-05-26, 01:04 AM
224.13 GB/256.66 GB/1.15

Lynne you rock!!!!!!!

thanks- everything is working on mac bittorrent

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions