The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-01-27, 11:00 AM
On the outside looking in
79.07 GB/117.24 GB/1.48

vines per five?

The reputation for vines here is not a good one.The responsobilities lay on the vine members self, I know but...
If they were divided between each five viners.
The list could be given say, two weeks to build up.In this time each vine(us,euro and international) would be divided into five,each swapping postal address' in advance.
Three days is plenty time to copy or upload,but given weekends for postal reasons five days could be allocated instead of three.

With this simple solution more than fifty percent of vine problems would be dismissed.

With the viner's who disregard these simple guidelines,a suggested two times of failure to meet these guidelines should result into bieng added to a blacklist for a pre determined time.A viner reaching a third addition to the blacklist would be banned from all further vines.

With this blacklist,then the following fifty percent of problems would be also dismissed.Leaving a humbuzzing vine.

Adding this to an otherwise perfect site would be another jewel in your crown to adorn.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-01-27, 11:47 AM
sarcastic dork
TTD Staff
123.09 GB/240.75 GB/1.96

Re: vines per five?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside-eye
The reputation for vines here is not a good one.The responsobilities lay on the vine members self, I know but...
If they were divided between each five viners.
The list could be given say, two weeks to build up.In this time each vine(us,euro and international) would be divided into five,each swapping postal address' in advance.
Three days is plenty time to copy or upload,but given weekends for postal reasons five days could be allocated instead of three.

With this simple solution more than fifty percent of vine problems would be dismissed.

With the viner's who disregard these simple guidelines,a suggested two times of failure to meet these guidelines should result into bieng added to a blacklist for a pre determined time.A viner reaching a third addition to the blacklist would be banned from all further vines.

With this blacklist,then the following fifty percent of problems would be also dismissed.Leaving a humbuzzing vine.

Adding this to an otherwise perfect site would be another jewel in your crown to adorn.
We currently have a vinekillers list which needs to be updated. I am aware that the vines on this site move very slowly, if at all. I am currently tossing around ideas to fix this problem and will moderating that forum very closely. Hopefully over the next few weeks, you will see a difference.
I'm always up for a trade <--Best viewed using anything but Internet Explorer.
Old 2006-01-27, 02:23 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

yeah get on that heather....
Old 2006-01-27, 02:34 PM
sarcastic dork
TTD Staff
123.09 GB/240.75 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
yeah get on that heather....

I need to touch base with Toys before I get all heavy handed in there.....
Old 2006-01-27, 03:03 PM
On the outside looking in
79.07 GB/117.24 GB/1.48

I'm not trying to kick your arse over this, it just came to me in a flash and thought it could be put to good use.Potentialy there is a good idea in there,it just need's a good electrocution to land it in the right order.
Old 2006-01-29, 09:32 AM
sarcastic dork
TTD Staff
123.09 GB/240.75 GB/1.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside-eye
I'm not trying to kick your arse over this, it just came to me in a flash and thought it could be put to good use.Potentialy there is a good idea in there,it just need's a good electrocution to land it in the right order.

No it's totally cool. Any suggestions on how to make that forum run more efficiently are greatly appreciated.
Old 2006-02-02, 01:15 PM
Rebel, Rogue & Sworn Brother
55.25 GB/234.70 GB/4.25

Don't piss off the VINE MOD!!!

And if she calls in Toys for backup, you are screwed.

That dude is the Traders Den version of Jack Bauer!!!!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions