The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2014-01-24, 08:58 AM
That guy in the corner
478.37 GB/250.84 GB/0.52

Prince vs Bootleggers

wonder if it's time to add the artist formerly known as... to NAB?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/201201287/Prince-v-Chodera

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2014-01-24, 09:07 AM
oxymoron
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Prince vs Bootleggers

what the fuck???
Prince go crazy!
Old 2014-01-25, 12:02 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Isn't it fact that a "bootlegger" is someone that gains financial advantage from selling pirated audio and video! Did these people do that?

Yes, Prince composed all the mentioned songs (in the legal document) but unless there was an official release, or every single song live or complete show that he has ever done, was copyrighted or released, then how can he claim financial disadvantage?

Oh, that's right - he needs the money.

He's a fucking wanker!!!
Old 2014-01-25, 04:01 PM
That guy in the corner
478.37 GB/250.84 GB/0.52

Prince Vs the ROIOers didn't sound as good I thought.

Old 2014-01-25, 04:16 PM
126.36 GB/429.17 GB/3.40

well, I think the little one doesn't stand a chance in court, but he's got everybody really scared.....there isn't a bootleg of him on the web in side, hell even mentioning his name can get you banned on some sites!
Old 2014-01-25, 05:16 PM
infecting the crypts.
TTD VIP
TTD Staff
2.83 TB/13.20 TB/4.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick2007 View Post
well, I think the little one doesn't stand a chance in court, but he's got everybody really scared.....there isn't a bootleg of him on the web in side, hell even mentioning his name can get you banned on some sites!
What name exactly? Symbol? T.A.F.K.A.P.? The Purple One? O(+>?

--

"never understood the snobbishness over a microphone. I mean fuck, I killed 3 moose, 2 caribou and a bear by age 16, but I sure as hell don't go bragging about the gun used (.308). the point is to knock down the animal, not what you knock it down with.

dumbass."

(Ballsdeep, 2015-02-16)

--

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...faq_audioguide

Old 2014-01-25, 05:20 PM
126.36 GB/429.17 GB/3.40

the name is PRINCE, and he is eh, funky??
Old 2014-01-25, 09:54 PM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikowolf View Post
Prince Vs the ROIOers didn't sound as good I thought.

Doesn't matter what you name the thread. The point is no money exchanged hands (physically or digitally) that we know of. So I doubt anything will come of this Princely episode.

And you know what he can do with that cucumber in his hand!!
Old 2014-01-26, 10:17 AM
610.35 GB/661.45 GB/1.08

Wanker!!
Old 2014-01-27, 04:00 AM
i dont want a goldfish
437.17 GB/1.78 TB/4.17

he should go on ebay and do a simple search and sue the ppl that are actually making money off it...

but i guess its easier to make money suing his fans (or at least the names they use on social media and shit.. lol @ that) then it is to make new music to sell them instead
Old 2014-01-27, 04:28 AM
i dont want a goldfish
437.17 GB/1.78 TB/4.17

oh and im no expert.. but when you sue someone for money, especially that much.. dont you have to to prove that amount is realistic. Can you just make up an insane number and claim it cost you that much in lost revenue without anything to back it up? I cant imagine any judge would agree each defendant cost him a million dollars and even bothering going thru with the cases..

maybe next we'll see sports players suing other players that injured them for the made up contracts they would have signed 5 years from now
Old 2014-01-28, 09:44 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Guess he couldn't take the public back lash for being a worthless piece of shit....

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/28/prince...leggers-music/
Call him the artist formerly known as "Plaintiff" ... 'cause TMZ has learned Prince has officially DROPPED his $22 MILLION lawsuit against 22 "bootleggers" who allegedly posted footage of his concerts online.

Prince has only filed the original lawsuit less than 2 weeks ago ... going after 22 anonymous bloggers (for $1 mil-a-piece) who posted concert footage on Facebook and other websites without Prince's permission.

But after news of the lawsuit went public ... it only took a few days before Prince decided to end his crusade on the bootleggers.

TMZ has obtained legal documents filed in federal court in California to dismiss his lawsuit ... but it's without prejudice, which means he could refile the suit if he feels like it. .

We reached out to Prince's lawyer to find out why P had the change of heart -- so far, no word back.

.....it'd be awesome if someone posted every circulating audio & video at pirate bay
Old 2014-01-29, 06:56 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

so much misinformation in trading circles, so just to clarify -- copyright law clearly states:

--money doesn't have to change hands [traders' arguments that "there is no profit" doesn't matter one bit]
--physical vs digital doesn't matter anymore either, its covered the same
--a live performance of a song is still covered under the original copyright [with some limitations, but they don't pertain to this discussion]

technically speaking, a bar or night club that plays music over a sound system has to pay an annual fee for a performance rights license...also, bands that do "cover songs" which are copyrighted, the establishment is required to have a license as well...in cities such as Nashville, you'll see stickers on many clubs/restaurant doors with an ASCAP or BMI logo signifying that they have paid their PRL fees...smaller towns, you rarely see it

audience recording trading exists in a "grey area", not because of loopholes in the law but, like many of the above mentioned bars/nightclubs who don't pay for their PRL, because of the scope -- "policing" infractions is impossible to do, its not worth the time/effort/cost due to the high volume...ASCAP/SESAC/BMI can & do go after businesses for not paying for a performance rights license, but those lawsuits are a drop in the bucket

same for taping/trading -- most artists don't pursue infringement cases on live shows simply because of cost/effort...BUT, if an artist like Prince really wants to, copyright law is actually behind him on it
Old 2014-01-29, 02:01 PM
Drug
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

be careful, there´s a lot of stuff from this greatest asshole to found here
banned his royal high shitness!
he is really a fucker
Old 2014-01-31, 12:36 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

I wouldn't even go to a Prince show if I got free tickets. There'd be nowhere to post the tapes. And I don't like Prince

If he was playing in my backyard I would shut the blinds

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions