The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-08-28, 02:45 PM
2.15 TB/1.33 TB/0.62

Problems uploading with comcast

hey now,
it seems like for a week now i'm having trouble uploading torrents...

i've seen it mentioned on other sites that others have been having the same trouble as i am...

i spoke to 4 different people today at comcast and got no real aswers...
they were trying to belame it on the Bit Torrent not their service...
i told them that Bit Torrent was part of their service to the internet and they tried the old, can you still surf the web crap, i told them that wasn't the problem i was having it was with the conncetions with Bit Torrent, which i feel is a service that should be provided thru Comcast high speed internet.

The last guy i talked to was a supervisor, i called shinagins on comcast... and he didn't like that very much...

then he stated, "that comcast is an internet provider not a server and that's where the problem comes in..."

i told him, "the only thing i use comcast for is to upload and download and if they couldn't provide that service for me or atleast give me answers to why all of a sudden i can't upload anymore i would cancel my service along with a few 1,000 others that pay for comcast, to do the same thing..."

he said," i'll call you back tomorrow with the answer."

so if your having trouble like i am uploading... please call 1 800 comcast and report your trouble and tell them you would like to cancel your subscription, because the problem your experiencing with BIT TORRENT.... they really won't cancel your subscription cause they want that 60 bucks a month...

but i feel the more folks that bring this to their attention, the better off we all will be again...
Peace,
luke
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-08-28, 03:57 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Problems uploading with comcast

When I had Concast I had the same problem with not being able to upload after completing. I upgraded to Bittornado 3.18, which has encryption, and had no problems after that. Also use a port between 50,000 and 60,000. See this thread for more info on Concast and Sandvine (the software they use to throttle BT):

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=43773
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble