The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2023-02-04, 01:30 PM
4.59 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Torrents downloads only 1MB then it stops

Hello, I recently joined this forum and I've been trying to download a torrent (thread 174618) but when I start the torrent it downloads 1MB and then it stops, this does not happen with other torrents on TTD. Does anybody know why?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2023-02-04, 09:36 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Re: Torrents downloads only 1MB then it stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapifc View Post
Hello, I recently joined this forum and I've been trying to download a torrent (thread 174618) but when I start the torrent it downloads 1MB and then it stops, this does not happen with other torrents on TTD. Does anybody know why?
Might be the 2 seeders at 100% have something configured odd. I'm unable to get any data from them.
DH was able to download it ok.
Old 2023-02-05, 09:21 AM
4.59 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
Might be the 2 seeders at 100% have something configured odd. I'm unable to get any data from them.
DH was able to download it ok.
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is DH? How can I use it to download the torrent?
Old 2023-02-05, 11:39 AM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapifc View Post
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is DH? How can I use it to download the torrent?
DH is Datahound, a TTD member seeding the gig. Look in the peers lists near the torrent file attachment in the thread.

If you can't download from him, something is incorrect with your torrent program or internet connection. If you're not using uTorrent 2.2.1, try that program (and that version, 3.6 has malware unless you get the paid version). It's more likely to work when there is only one working seeder. qBittorrent has some issues and one of them is connecting to a torrent with one seeder.

If that doesn't work, consider getting a month with OVPN. You ISP may be blocking torrents and a VPN connection will bypass any blockages.
Old 2023-02-05, 12:58 PM
4.59 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
DH is Datahound, a TTD member seeding the gig. Look in the peers lists near the torrent file attachment in the thread.

If you can't download from him, something is incorrect with your torrent program or internet connection. If you're not using uTorrent 2.2.1, try that program (and that version, 3.6 has malware unless you get the paid version). It's more likely to work when there is only one working seeder. qBittorrent has some issues and one of them is connecting to a torrent with one seeder.

If that doesn't work, consider getting a month with OVPN. You ISP may be blocking torrents and a VPN connection will bypass any blockages.
I'm using a VPN and I switched to uTorrent, the download is now working but when I'm downloading from him the speed it doesn't go faster than 30 kb/s. I'm using uTorrent out of the box, I didn't change any options.

Last edited by mapifc; 2023-02-05 at 01:05 PM.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble