The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-02-07, 10:52 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: dvd menus in roxio Toast 6

Roger, I would start another thread since Toast is a Mac app (only) and Nero is a PC app (only). You may not have much PC help in this thread.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-02-07, 11:48 PM
h_vargas
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Roger Daltrey - what version of Nero do you have? i don't think i've ever noticed a "create menu" option in Nero for the DVD-Video compilation. are you using Nero Express or normal Nero Burning ROM?
Old 2005-02-08, 10:31 AM
mrPalmer
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasweb
after you burn one coaster you should seek help.

What i always do to burn a dvd is i take the Video_ts folder and drop it on to DVD imager ( http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19456 ) that program will make a .img file, then go into toast, click on utilities then select mount disc image, pick the img file, it will be mounted on the desktop and might even laugh the dvd player depending on your preferences. Now go to the main toast window and pick copy, click the read from thing and select the mounted image, then click burn and it should work from there

plus im sure there is also info that would answer your question in the faq
thank you so much. i think this was the answer i was looking for. i did search the Toast FAQ but either im blind or am too impatient and didnt find the answer.
Old 2005-02-08, 02:54 PM
5.17 GB/2.09 GB/0.40

Icon4 DVD Help

i'm burning video DVDs with files already on my hard drive. Now I am very unhappy because I just burned a bunch of data cds to clear space off my hard drive only now to see that nothing has been burn to any of the discs. So I just lost about 4 gigs of stuff Evil or Very Mad. Worst part is that even if there is no blank disc in the drive it will actually go through the whole burning process and say that the burn was successful. THERE ISN"T EVEN ANYTHING IN THE DRIVE FOR CHRISSAKES!!!!!! If anybody could help me with this that would be great. Its an LG drive I'm not sure what model though.
Here's what it does when I go to burn. It asks me to save the Image file somewhere. I thought that was weird seeing as I have never had to save Image files with my own burner. I thought this might be different seeing as it was a DVD burner, but my guess would be that thats the problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 2005-02-08, 03:58 PM
66.19 GB/43.42 GB/0.66

I already have a thread about it, it's the one about dvd help not far down the page. I posted about the menus on that one as well.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition. The menus already with the download do not let you choose the songs on it. Now I just figured out how to add the chapters in, but since the downloaded file has 3 separate parts, the last song in each part plays through to the next part, but when I preview it, the song stops for a second and then picks right back up. I'm still trying to figure out both problems that I have, but if anybody can help me that would be great.

I'm gona copy this into the other thread I have, sorry for changing the topic on this thread.
Old 2005-02-08, 04:01 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: DVD Help

I think maybe what happened is you burned the ISO image file on your drive instead of to the disc. If you can find the files with extension .iso then there's a way to burn those.

search you whole computer for *.iso

hope this helps

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-02-08, 04:01 PM
66.19 GB/43.42 GB/0.66

Re: DVD burners?

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition. The menus already with the download do not let you choose the songs on it. Now I just figured out how to add the chapters in, but since the downloaded file has 3 separate parts, the last song in each part plays through to the next part, but when I preview it, the song stops for a second and then picks right back up. I'm still trying to figure out both problems that I have, but if anybody can help me that would be great.
Old 2005-02-08, 04:46 PM
5.17 GB/2.09 GB/0.40

Re: DVD Help

Thanks for the help Five, but I got my question answered at R-O first.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 2005-02-10, 05:03 AM
301.79 GB/596.52 GB/1.98

Question Burning a DVD on Macs

I am new to the site and have downloaded my first video file, and would like to burn it to a DVD. However, when I drag the .vob files into iMovie i get an error message that the file couldn't be parsed. I figured it wouldn't be that easy, any suggestions on how I can get this done. Is there other software I need?
Old 2005-02-10, 06:15 AM
twist79ni
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Burning a DVD on Macs

You'll need to use Roxio Toast to burn a DVD(i think there's a free/lite version on their website)

When you have it just follow these steps:

Toast 6 : Data > DVD-ROM (UDF) > Drag Video_TS folder to window > Click Burn
Old 2005-02-10, 07:46 AM
56.17 GB/82.64 GB/1.47

After selecting "DVD-ROM (UDF)", click "New Disc" before dragging in the VIDEO_TS folder. For maximum compatibility with stand alone players, create an empty folder called AUDIO_TS as well. The latest Toast Titanium (6.0.7) has a "DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS folder" function.
Old 2005-02-10, 09:50 AM
smile!
11.18 GB/48.46 GB/4.33

^^^ what they said. U2Lynne linked to a page of hers in a similar thread that has various instructions. I guess it's okay for you, U2Lynne, if I link to it?

http://u2lynne.sandsmuseum.com/burning.html
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Burning DVDRs on a Mac

smile!
11.18 GB/48.46 GB/4.33

Wow! You beat me to it!
Old 2005-02-10, 09:59 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

hehe. That's funny, we posted at the same time.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble