The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-07-27, 07:17 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: Download DVDs via Bit Torrent

I suggest using Toast, it's not free but is the best DVD burning software around for Mac. You can find it "discounted" if you look hard enough.
Old 2006-07-27, 07:36 PM
jnevi9nr
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

any suggested places to look? I just want to convert these files so I can watch the video.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-07-27, 08:10 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

if you just wanna watch em on yer comp, you can use VLC http://www.videolan.org/
Old 2006-07-27, 08:10 PM
93.01 GB/90.94 GB/0.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnevi9nr
any suggested places to look? I just want to convert these files so I can watch the video.
Torrentspy.com. You can watch on your comp by drag&dropping the VIDEO TS folder to your favorite player, Nero, WinDVD, You can also go for freeware, VLC plays almost everything. Hope this helps.
Old 2006-07-28, 01:44 PM
CDR Live
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Nero showtime files

Hi
Just completed my first video torrent download and found that the .vob files have appeared on my PC as Nero showtime format!!. How can I change them to .vob or whatever they need to be in so I can burn them to DVD. Also can someone recommend a good download burning program.Thanks
Old 2006-07-28, 02:29 PM
129.63 GB/249.35 GB/1.92

5.1 DTS question

Background:

I have a Sony DVD player which states that it handles 5.1 and DTS.

I have a Sony Receiver that handles 7.1 and DTS

I have bought a few things that have enhanced audio: (Pulse DVD, Humble Pie - Live At The Whiskey DVD Audio, Yes - Fragile DVD Audio, etc.) I can listen to them in all their infinite glory. I can also listen to SACDs and the enhanced audio on the Dual Discs.

However....when I try and download a 5.1 DTS (like the toup beatles series or some of the Floyd stuff) All I get is the "white noise" from my player. I also get the same result with any 24bit show that I try and listen to as well.

I am using the latest Nero suite to burn. I have tried to burn several different ways. I even followed a tutorial of "burning image to disc". I still get the same results of white noise in my home audio equipment.

What am I doing wrong?
Do I need better software? or Upgrade audio equipment?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2006-07-28, 02:38 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Re: Nero showtime files

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR Live
Hi
Just completed my first video torrent download and found that the .vob files have appeared on my PC as Nero showtime format!!. How can I change them to .vob or whatever they need to be in so I can burn them to DVD. Also can someone recommend a good download burning program.Thanks
that's becuase you have the file associations setup so that .vob is associated with Showtime. You should be able to burn with Nero express without changing your associations. You should have the .vob file associated to your DVD viewer... like PowerDVD or whatever you use. To change associations.... when in My Computer. Tools > Folder Options > Opens with ... browse to your viewer.
Old 2006-07-28, 04:05 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: 5.1 DTS question

yer player &/or receivere may not be able to process 24-bit audio, which would explain the white noise when trying to play back 24-bit shows...as for the DTS problem, i'm not sure...it could be a problem with one of the components, have you tried playing a store-bought DVD with DTS? does the white noise occur as well, or just with home-authored shows?

also could be an issue w/ Nero you should check out the program ONES--much better burning software!
Old 2006-07-28, 05:22 PM
CDR Live
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Nero showtime files

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try.
Old 2006-07-28, 09:34 PM
58.56 GB/59.33 GB/1.01

Re: Burning a DVD - Region Settings

The conversion is being done by the player, so how good it looks is based on how well the players converter performs, but most of them are fine for ROIO's. What I used to do to keep a tradeable copy is just backup the original ifo files and burn them onto the disc along with the altered ones (name them something like *.ifoORIG) and just switch back to those when burning a copy for a trade.
Old 2006-07-29, 02:11 PM
1.21 TB/1.28 TB/1.06

Re: gettin' fed up with dvd burnin!!!

I use Nero too, and I can't figure it out, either. I think it has to do with the two layers. Do I just burn the two folders on the disc or do I have to insert the audio/video parts somewhere? What is the video_ts mean (or whatever the folders say)?? I hve like ten shows waiting to be burned, but can't figure it out and it's taking up my hd space... thanks for any help.

Maybe if someone could do a walk through on how to burn a disc, that would be helpful. There's no instructions on how to take a d/led show and burn it.
Old 2006-07-29, 02:30 PM
515.38 GB/295.72 GB/0.57

I had the same problem with Nero, try using Ones. After my ones expired my nero magically started working. Also I do all my burning after a restart and don't open any other programs except for Nero. And like people say on here use the Nero ROM not the express or anything. Hope I could help.
Old 2006-07-29, 04:32 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

I alway use IfoEdit to double check before I burn. Just open the VIDEO_TS.IFO and hit get VTS sectors

for instructions on burning with Nero look here and many other threads in this forum
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...15&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-07-31, 04:27 PM
235.73 GB/161.28 GB/0.68

trouble burning dvd

I just got into downloading dvd files after years of downloading audio files. Now, while it is still new ground for me, I feel that I have progressed in a relatively decent manor; until today. I just picked up a 25 pack of sony dvd-r so i can watch concerts on my home player. Before I used the discs that were given to me when i got my drive from the store. They weren't bad, just that I could only use them on certain players. So, after pickin up the new blanks, I wanted to be able to burn the dmb2005-08-21 gorge concert that I had downloaded a while ago. So I place the disk in, message window pops up, close that, start nero (oem version), load all of the files into the video-ts folder. Once the program started, it went through all of the cache-ing that it goes through, and then and error message popped up saying that it was an illegal disk. At first I thought to myself that maybe the disks were labled wrong, checked it, sure enough - dvd-r. So I tried it again, same thing. And just to make sure that I wasn't going crazy or seeing things, I checked the drive info through nero, and noticed that my drive handled these types of disks. So... after reading so related topics on here, I decided to give ones a try (simple user interface, its great). So, I put the disk in, try burning, crapped out again, ran two tests through Ones, both crapped out. Even testing on 1x, it failed. As far as I know, its not the burner itself, because it worked fine earlier when I burned oar2005-11-19 from RPI field house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get this off of my hd, so I can watch it, and have more space to download more.
Old 2006-07-31, 07:37 PM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Re: trouble burning dvd

Doing a quick google search netted these:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nero+...en-US:official

1. Make sure the firmware (drivers) for your DVD drive is updated. I didn't see you note what drive you're using but just go to the manufacturer's website and they should have it there.

2. Make sure Nero is all up to date.

3. Could be shitty media. I've never used Sony so I can't comment on them overall, although you could have gotten a bad batch. Try #'s 1 and 2 first and let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble