The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-01-31, 12:02 AM
24.91 GB/75.05 GB/3.01

The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..SOLVED !!! (tech explanation please..)

I'm the only seeder for this:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...highlight=jimi

to +-11 leechers, with DHT and peer exchange in utorrent not enabled, but the tracker doesn't show the leechers, I redownloaded the torrent file, but no change..
What is the problem?

Info:
jimi1968-02-17.torrent
(Seeders: 1, Leechers: 0, Completed: 193
UL Speed: 15.50 KB/s, DL Speed: 0.00 KB/s, Full Size: 329.51 MB, Torrent File Size: 26.9 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by pancho1111; 2008-01-31 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-31, 01:56 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..

looks fine to me - nice show ta boot
Old 2008-01-31, 09:56 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Huh? I don't see any leechers on that show, just two seeders. I'm not sure what you are saying here. Maybe a picture to go with this?

Old 2008-01-31, 10:10 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Please post a screen of your client that shows connected peers. I would have guessed that DHT was enabled and that is why it is not showing up. Maybe the other seed does have DHT enabled (and the torrent was created with DHT) and they are seeding out to the peers you see that aren't showing up. That doesn't make complete sense... sense you should be seeding to them also. and they should show up here.
Old 2008-01-31, 12:26 PM
24.91 GB/75.05 GB/3.01

Was confusing for me also,
yesterday at the beginning the torrent had DHT and Peers interch. enabled, so I nulled this option, but anyway the lechers (12!!) continued connected,
even stopping and restarting the torrent...(no more with the X flag, X flag= direct peers connection more or less)
But today I found in tapecity the same torrent, uploaded with credits for TTD, and 11 seeders ( the ones that
yesterday were also my lechers I guess)..

if you know how the utorrent client arranges to make the connection, please explain,
Thanks to all the responses !

PS: today I don't see not the seeders or the lechers, only I can see 0(2) seeders, which is normal situation..

Last edited by pancho1111; 2008-01-31 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2008-01-31, 10:05 PM
4.86 GB/734.96 GB/151.30

Re: The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..SOLVED !!! (tech explanation please..)

hey genius.. the url shows tapecity!
Old 2008-01-31, 10:40 PM
24.91 GB/75.05 GB/3.01

Re: The tracker doesn't show leechers for this torrent..SOLVED !!! (tech explanation please..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot View Post
hey genius.. the url shows tapecity!
you genius also, I'm seeding in TTD as explained in the first line of this thread..

but thanks to good luck found I was seeding to tapecity leechers, as explained above
Old 2008-02-01, 11:48 AM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Francisco, they asked you to post a screen of your torrent client {Bingo}. They could double-checked IP addresses.
Also, as far as I remember, Bootcity has never been accurate to display actual torrent usage {Bingo}. (If they fixed that nowadays, I refrain the last {Bingo})

I don't get this bit. Are you saying that the amount uploaded at BC (for the same torrent) is also accounted on TTD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho1111 View Post
But today I found in tapecity the same torrent, uploaded with credits for TTD, and 11 seeders ( the ones that
yesterday were also my lechers I guess)..
Old 2008-02-01, 12:17 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

What I don't get is that a bittorrent client doesn't just go out into cyberspace and look for other torrents with the same name and files. It needs to be directed to someplace (the tracker) to get connected to other users on that tracker with the same files. So, how can a torrent file suddenly pick up seeders and leechers from another site without being directed to that tracker? If bittorrent clients could do that, then we would be seeing this sort of thing all the time and all have exagerated peers/leechers for all our torrents, because believe me, there are a TON of tracker sites out there sharing many of the same torrents.

Old 2008-02-01, 12:20 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

bizarre... I would think this would happen only with DHT and/or ppl adding multiple trackers to the properties window.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2008-02-01, 12:32 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Perhaps he has the two separate torrents (BC & TTD) pointing to the same fileset, and think he's been double credited on both trackers? {Bingo?}
Old 2008-02-01, 12:45 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
bizarre... I would think this would happen only with DHT and/or ppl adding multiple trackers to the properties window.
If somebody uploads a torrent here with multiple trackers listed, they get stripped upon download (cuz it would be messed with when the passkey is added). I don't know if BC/TC does the same thing over there.

Old 2008-02-01, 12:47 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
Perhaps he has the two separate torrents (BC & TTD) pointing to the same fileset, and think he's been double credited on both trackers? {Bingo?}
agree..you can combine multiple sites on a download - if its from public sites.
but in this case, it would be two separate (personalized) torrent metafiles on the client pointing at the same folder.
Old 2008-02-01, 02:00 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
you can combine multiple sites on a download - if its from public sites.
Say, he has a TTD torrent running. Then, add manually BC announce url to the properties window. He has to get an error when the client announces to BC. Is this correct?

But, using this tweak, could some peers from BC (or outer space) leak into his torrent?
Old 2008-02-01, 04:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post
you can combine multiple sites on a download - if its from public sites.
Say, he has a TTD torrent running. Then, add manually BC announce url to the properties window. He has to get an error when the client announces to BC. Is this correct?

But, using this tweak, could some peers from BC (or outer space) leak into his torrent?
If you have an account at BC also, you could add the BC announce url with the passkey and successfully share at both sites with the same torrent file (assuming the contents are exactly the same). But, I don't think this guy did that unless he did it by accident. I'm not that familiar with uTorrent, so I don't know if you could maybe select both torrents and 'merge' them. I'm not even sure what the stats would look like for that either. I suppose it would combine them, but I'm not really sure.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble