The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Would you post more in the Lounge if it were more actively moderated like the rest of TTD?
Yes 33 36.67%
No 57 63.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-26, 02:44 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Why don't you visit the Lounge @ TTD? (public poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I want to hear vlad's answer to the question of this thread title.
Vlad doesn't come around because we trolled him to death.

If I had to mention a case where it went too far, he would be one of the few, if not the only one.

Not saying he didn't invite / deserve a good bit of it, but some of it was way out of line and I regret that it happened..

But that is life. I think there is a good chance that what little we did do to stop it, once it was out of control, probably actually made it worse.
No one here hates Vlad and we probably all wish he'd come back to visit. We actually banned him from the lounge as a fix, at one point, but I'm pretty sure that was lifted.

He has remained active in the torrents sections of the site and is a valuable contributor. It may just be that he feels that is the best role for him these days.
Old 2011-01-26, 03:44 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoooma View Post
Some will stay and fight but I know that I've walked away from forums because it gets so tiring dealing with the Jared Loughner's of the world.
Seriously? You're comparing someone possibly offending you or hurting your feelings on a message board, to the murder of 6 people and wounding of over a dozen more?

SERIOUSLY?!

That kind of extremist thought is the last place we need to look for ideas on how to improve the Lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-01-26, 04:38 PM
ilove2rock
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf-pgh View Post

im fairly certain this entire thread is a troll -- kinda funny but not haha funny
shame we cant get a single post from a random user
HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY

I thought I was pretty random... The lounge is like, hmmmmm, "Welcome to the Jungle" and bring your weapons cause your gonna need em
Old 2011-01-26, 04:41 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Without limitations on attacks, that will inevitably happen, they will reign whilst squashing the crap out of people who dare take them on.
Some will stay and fight but I know that I've walked away from forums because it gets so tiring dealing with the Jared Loughner's of the world..

oh, good God
Old 2011-01-26, 06:30 PM
Giver of Zero Fucks
76.15 GB/132.64 GB/1.74

Actually, If you just got rid of aliases that would pretty much fix everythig. You get one account. Period.
Old 2011-01-26, 06:49 PM
appalachianamerican
1.26 TB/2.77 TB/2.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man View Post
Actually, If you just got rid of aliases that would pretty much fix everythig. You get one account. Period.
...in a nutshell
Old 2011-01-26, 07:04 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

^^^ this has been discussed and continues to be worked on.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:18 PM
Thank You Tapers & Uploaders!!
1.17 TB/9.10 TB/7.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
Seriously? You're comparing someone possibly offending you or hurting your feelings on a message board, to the murder of 6 people and wounding of over a dozen more?

SERIOUSLY?!

That kind of extremist thought is the last place we need to look for ideas on how to improve the Lounge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
oh, good God
rspencer -- SERIOUSLY!!!!

Are you not similar to Hitler in that you both, I am assuming, have/had arms and legs and eyes, you breathe and walk and talk? Yeah? Okay, that's established -- you are similar to Hitler in some ways. Me, too. Also similar to squirrels and zebras 'cept most of them, that I know of, don't talk too much.

My opinion is not extremist. When I used Loughner's name I used it because he is one sick puppy and SIMILARLY people who think it's fine to attack others also have some screw loose. Attacking people whether it be with a gun or verbally (by typing) is not right, it's not fine at all and those who partake and feel like it is fine, they have some level of derangement goin' on. Not all deranged people shoot others but they sure as hell more often exist to put people down in internet forums. They don't allow opinion that differs from theirs; they shoot it down with nothing less than ferocious, vile hatred. They think anyone who thinks differently should be banished from existing amongst the rest of the human race. Why's that okay? It's not and it is precisely one very serious reason why people decide not to take part in particular forums.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:20 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

it's best that some people just don't
Old 2011-01-26, 08:34 PM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

Quote:
They don't allow opinion that differs from theirs; they shoot it down with nothing less than ferocious, vile hatred. They think anyone who thinks differently should be banished from existing amongst the rest of the human race. Why's that okay? It's not and it is precisely one very serious reason why people decide not to take part in particular forums.
This part makes some sense.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:44 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Some. Too bad it's accompanied by the rest.

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:46 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Let's troll him until he has a mental breakdown or leaves.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:52 PM
Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer Cornelious Jerome Garcia Oppenheimer is offline
136.25 GB/177.94 GB/1.31

Old 2011-01-26, 09:02 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove2rock View Post
HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY

I thought I was pretty random... and bring your weapons cause your gonna need em
hey pretty random bring it
..'cause you know I'm packin' some heat
Old 2011-01-26, 09:14 PM
KING OF '77
487.41 GB/735.72 GB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wicker Man View Post
I'd have to agree with this. No, I'm not a Den veteran like some of you -I've been here two and a half years or so- but in my time here I've been through the 'archives' as it were and from time to time there are actually some interesting discussions that take place in the Lounge, just as there are in the other sections of the forum. But, yeah, lately IMO the Lounge has become a bit of a cesspool (to the point where my wife has started calling this site "The Retard's Den"), seeing all the garbage posts, the incessant trolling and all the blatantly obvious 'alias' accounts.

I joined the Den 'cos of your mandate of quality music postings and whatnot...how many times have some of you seen me post something along the lines of, "Is this a music trading site or a fucking daycare?". Truth be told, I'd hate like hell to see the site's overall reputation being dragged down because of all the bullshit that goes down in the Lounge.

I'd say it needs to be moderated a bit better...this 'hands off' approach and letting the aliases run rampant ain't working. Actually moderate the damned thing, and set it up so you get one user per IP or however it's done and that would probably eliminate a lot of the problems. And outright ban the known troublemakers and shit disturbers- you know who they are.

And, again, knowing some of the history some of you have here, considering this is JamesKG's question, I have to ask, KG: this poll/issue wouldn't happen to have anything to do with your on/off battles with Freezer over the years, would it? I'm only asking- not trying to stir up any shit or anything. But, with all respect, knowing the history, I trust there is no hidden agenda here...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
lounge