The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-06-20, 08:00 PM
139.87 GB/282.61 GB/2.02

Question about SBE's

I've read various threads about the SBE's that are popping up on various torrents especially this helpful one

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=17951

but I had another question. After I've downloaded a show and when I go to run a len check on the show, do I include all tracks of the boot at once or just the tracks for each particular cd that will be burned? I didn't know if you should do one complete check with all the flac files or a len check for the files that will be on each cd. Or does doing both give you the same end result? I've looked and searched on the threads and haven't seen an example and was wanting to know what the proper way to check the flac files were. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-20, 10:34 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Question about SBE's

You can len check FLACs or WAVs all at once or per CD, but to fix sector boundary errors, the best way to do it is to fix them one SET at a time, not fix them per CD. This is because some sets run more than one CD in length, and some shows have more than one set.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:26 PM
139.87 GB/282.61 GB/2.02

Thanks for the reply. I thought that you needed to run all the files through at once to fix the sector boundary errors, but wasn't quite sure. I just read the sector boundary discussion over at etree and it was addressed as per set like you did.

I'm still a little confused as to why you couldn't fix the SBE's as the tracks would appear on each cd since the sectors are aligned on the cd and the start of each cd (the first track) would be your starting point on each cd.
Old 2007-06-21, 12:26 AM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

When SBEs are fixed, they are usually backward shifted to the first available correct sector boundry, so the last track will have to be filled with silence in order to align it correctly on a boundary. If the sets are ever assembled together for DVD-audio, they won't be able to be put together seamlessly because there will be a little bit of silence between disc 1's FLACs and disc 2 and disc 3.

And if the sets are fixed all at once, together, then a little bit of the first track of set 2 will be on the last track of set 1. This is less important if they are being used for DVD-Audio, but more important if each set has its own disc.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble