The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2008-03-13, 12:16 AM
What'cha Got There?
208.73 GB/1.99 TB/9.77

Account Deletion Policy

Ok, not as much a suggestion, but an observation that wouldn't fit in the Techno section.....
The FAQ state "We delete accounts that have been Inactive (you haven't logged in) for more than twelve months with less than 100 posts AND also accounts that have been Inactive for more than six months with no posts..."

Personally I'm grateful for the year tab given as my job might at some point keep me off line for a year at least, but when I looked through the Members list, I see accounts here where people haven't logged in since 2005 (I'm not counting that special breed that shows "N/A" since they usually have angelic music-to a U2 beat playing in the background when they're mentioned ).

So I guess that once you hit 100 posts your account never gets deleted? Should make the post whores happy, but I see a number of accounts with less than 100 posts who haveen't visited in more than a year still showing.

Thanks for any information and thanks to the mods for all their hard work.
Old 2008-03-13, 10:23 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Account Deletion Policy

I actually go through and delete the accounts myself (well, I use a script, but I run it manually with manual input from me). I don't have anything do it 'automatically'. I do prune all users with no posts and who haven't shown up in six months very regularly (twice a week), but I'm lazy about deleting the other accounts. Very often, I prune the ones with less than ten posts and not around for a year, but I don't know that I have ever done the less than 100 posts and gone for a year deletion. It's kinda a delete-at-Lynne's-whim type of thing. Perhaps I will get to it today....

Good to see you, katnapz!

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-03-14, 12:08 AM
What'cha Got There?
208.73 GB/1.99 TB/9.77

Re: Account Deletion Policy

Thanks for the reply Lynne. I had thought that was the case from something you had posted eons back when you started the pruning work, but the web is so big and my brain is so small I sometimes loose track of what I read where. But it's something I think of once in awhile with my job taking me off line for months at a time that I'll end up locked out of here (and other sites).

Good to see you too! Bless you for not fizzing your brain out keeping track of all this after all this time

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions