The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-24, 02:28 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Ban Unknown Analog Lineage and Remasters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_Web
Baton Rouge C1>D2 (cassette1>DAT>DAT). I'm guessing you either did that one Freezer, or know who did. You may have already posted this info, but it would be cool to know what type of deck and mics were used for that show, and for the '72 Stones Mobil, '73 Zep NO and '75 Fleetwood Mac NO. If you want to know who I got my DAT from for the Baton Rouge, PM me, I don't like to publically mention old traders.......
Your lineage ABSOLUTELY is dead wrong.......Whoever you got it from didn't tell you the truth......

Quote:
Has the Baton Rouge been circulated from the master>FLAC? It's a great show - Bon Soir!
Nope.....

It's available only as "Unverified generation" ........

Last edited by freezer; 2006-11-24 at 02:34 PM.
Old 2006-11-24, 03:35 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Your lineage ABSOLUTELY is dead wrong.......Whoever you got it from didn't tell you the truth......

Nope.....

It's available only as "Unverified generation" ........
Well, then you are calling some serious Led Zep collectors liars. PM me and I'll tell you who I got it from. I don't play games. If you have the master, great. But you have circulated the show, so how do you know I don't have it from a person that you gave it to? I've been doing this shit far to long to start playing games with a 70's taper who wants to retain lineage control of his recordings. If you have the master, congrats, and you seeding it from the master would be a lineage upgrade for all. If not, that's your choice, but don't start trying to disprove my credibility.

All I will say publically is that I've had multiple copies of the 2/28/75 dating back for years. The first gen to DAT I got was an upgrade to all my previous versions, and sounds great. The collector I got it from is well-known by all hardcore Zep collectors, is a great guy, does not lie, and has been trading with me for 15 years. And I'm happy with my 1st gen.

I have NOTHING to hide. 20 years of tracking this stuff. And I'm here to play nice. If you want to know who I got it from, PM me. If not, then you say your story and I'll stick with mine.

If you want to attempt to retain control of all lineage to this show, have fun. I don't play petty bullshit. It's just music. And when I seed stuff it's the good shit. The real shit.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:01 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Spider_Web, you missed the bazillion post thread about this show and the subsequent bullshit that went on with a public payoff for a trade of a tape that was subsequently chewed up... it was a huge debacle and I promise you it's not worth your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Cool......

.......so what lineage do you have for Led Zeppelin 2/28/75 Baton Rouge?
I wondered how this simple thread had turned into two pages... This guy obviously didn't read the other 700 page thread and was just asking the question... and you called him down like a dog or something.

What is it with you and this show? Does all that negative karma have to reinfect TTD now?
Old 2006-11-24, 04:23 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
Spider_Web, you missed the bazillion post thread about this show and the subsequent bullshit that went on with a public payoff for a trade of a tape that was subsequently chewed up... it was a huge debacle and I promise you it's not worth your time.

Does all that negative karma have to reinfect TTD now?
James: you are right, I missed it. I hate negative crap as well. I never taped a show in the 70's, and the folks that did were pioneers. I taped my first show in the 80's, and got addicted quick. 200+ masters on Sony D3, D6, and DAT with mics varying from Sony tie clips to Microtech Gefells, and I've sort of hung it up now. We all get older, and see priorities change. For me, it's now family and sharing/converting a pretty extensive archival collection that I worked hard to amass. I also lost my best friend and taping partner Matthew Pickett (RIP Buddy!) in the Warwick nightclub fire, he was taping Great White near the stage and didn't make it out. Puts things in persepective.

Anyway, if anybody including Freezer is interested in who I have dealt with over the last 20 years in regards to my Led Zep collection, PM me. I don't claim to have "the best"; but my collection is legit as far and lineage and I do have some good shit. I've traded with most all the big collectors over the years from Japan, Europe and the States, some of the people have written the Zep fanzines, written books, etc....

I don't bullshit and I don't lie.

BTW: Thanks for the Coverdale/Page Osaka DVD, nice job!
Old 2006-11-24, 06:57 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Jameskg,

I called nobody down like a dog. I asked some questions in a civil manner and got civil answers.

I saw where this could go in the first posting.

The first post in this thread stated the opinion that unknown generational recordings should be banned...

Now I asked a question about lineage on one show, just one specific show......because its the one singular solitary show I am positive that circulates with false lineage.

Jameskg, even you know LZ 2/28/75 is circulating with bogus lineage....and only available as "generation -UNKNOWN". And that is the truth....and that is NO bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg
Does all that negative karma have to reinfect TTD now?
No, of course not, but do we want to infect the trade pool with false lineage?

Jameskg, you and I will just have to disagree on this one. If the lineage is BS, I call BS. And since I taped the show and know what gen was 'given' out way back then, I am the only person who knows the correct lineage.

And look at the reply I got.....the lineage quoted is totally incorrect....and you know that, jameskg.

So do we ban Spider_Web's version of Led Zeppelin 2/28/75 or not?

The lineage on his version can't be proven nor verified.

The taper says his lineage is incorrect....Is his version still fair game -- even though technically it is sourced from an audio cassette of "unknown generation"?

Maybe that's why TTD's rules insist on no cd-r rips of silver bootlegs.

For all we know, Spider_Web's version of 2/28/75 might just be nothing more than a tape of one of the bootlegs. It certainly cannot be verified as anything more than just "unknown generation".

There is a concentrated effort here at TTD not to pollute the trade pool. That's where I thought this discussion was headed. Instead you ask about negative karma? Tch, tch... Lets just agree to disagree, jameskg, OK?

Quote:
Anyway, if anybody including Freezer is interested in who I have dealt with over the last 20 years in regards to my Led Zep collection, PM me. I don't claim to have "the best"; but my collection is legit as far and lineage and...., etc....

I don't bullshit and I don't lie.

I did not say you lied, didn't even allude to that hypothesis.

I said were given incorrect information. How you wish to deal with the correct information in absolutely tantamount to your original opinion that unknown generation audio tapes be banned.

Spider_Web, you are correct that I did circulate that recording YEARS ago, but for you to assume that you got if from the person I gave that copy to is where you are incorrect....and your lineage is still wrong....PM me and we'll discuss this.

Yes, I have the master, and as well I should; I recorded it. And it's NEVER been out of my hands.

Oh, yes.....You want to discuss this show in private, I would love to know who passed on that lineage to you. Please PM me and let me and let me know about your version of LZ 2/28/75........

Quote:
Well, then you are calling some serious Led Zep collectors liars.
No, you, my friend, look at this in a different fashion than I do.....I see some "serious Led Zep collectors" as infecting the trade pool by spreading false lineage, and I'm trying to set it straight about only this one particular show.

Let's not call your friends a pack of liars, nobody needs to go there, but, hey let's see if maybe they'd like someone to correct their mistake.

Last edited by freezer; 2006-11-24 at 07:04 PM.
Old 2006-11-24, 09:37 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

I like it when you are civil.

Of course, you are correct. I just don't think it's Spider_Web's fault. As far as posting the show, I thnk it's safe to say that no one will ever believe any lineage posted for that recording and he should just provide the linage given and state that "this is the lineage I was given with the recording" and leave it at that.

It is a great recording, just like STL's Blueberry Hill tape, which he posted and really had no idea what the lineage was for sure. I'm still glad he posted it because it sounds great. While I'd love them to all be 100% accurate, that's just a pipe dream when it comes to Zep tapes, isn't it?
Old 2006-11-24, 10:09 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

I have no desire to seed my 2/28. It's a no win situation. If I do, Freezer will cry bloody murder and say my generation is false.

We will never know if he truly never circulated 1st gen copies, or if he is just saying that now. I think he's full of shit.

He's not the first person to claim that they "never used their master" or "made multiple dubs" or "purposely sabotaged" a show. Easy to say now. And because he taped the show, no one will ever know what he really did. A guy who taped some Black Crowes 1996 shows on analog tried this with me when I torrented his versions on Etree. He knows I have DAT dubs from his master. For 10 years that was what I had. But becuase he is such a controlling person now, he screams to the community that he "told" me 10 years ago it was from the master but he really used a 1st gen for my DAT, a safety copy from the master. All basically becuase I torrented it.

Pretty sad. If you need a tape to make you feel important, you've missed the boat.

Plus if the master still exists, I'd just as soon wait for Freezer to circulate a version culled from his analog masters. If he is so concerned with other versions, why doesn't he make all other versions obsolete and circulate his master?

The real question is that. Why not Freezer? Is your whoobie that important? It's just a tape. This is a place to share, not hoard.

Thanks to Freezer for being visionary enough to tape and achive good sound back in the 70's.

No thanks to Freezer for playing games. I'm getting to old for this shit.

Maybe a SBD of 2/28 will surface. Problem solved!

In the meantime, I'll listen to my 1st gen 2/28 (which Freezer will claim is an unknown gen) - it's pretty damn good. And if you have been collecting/taping/trading for 20 years, you can tell if a tape sounds like a 1st gen. Mine sure does. But in the end, it's one friggin' show!

A few people have PM'd me saying, "that was an interesting thread you started, too bad Freezer jumped in, before you know it, the thread will be off topic and all about him". Boy, were you folks right! LOL
Old 2006-11-24, 10:25 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...#startcomments

C'mon Spider.....you neglected to say that you reneged on your offer to discuss this in private. You offered to name your source, but you went back on your word....

What's the deal?

Why would you NOT want to tell me who passed on the bogus lineage on to you, especially since you repeatedly offered as much in public in this thread.

Let's set your friend straight. You don't want to pollute the trade pool, hmmmm? Well, then, you need to tell the truth....

C'mon, you also seem like a decent fellow, don't you want to step up and honor your words....if you truly believe that the trading pool should not be polluted, then you'll admit in this public thread that you had incorrect lineage on 2/28/75 and you are now aware of the only correct lineage.

Step up and act a man, go on and admit what you know to be the truth: your lineage on 2/28/75 was incorrect and you know now that the only correct lineage is "unknown generation".

If you want, I'll even help you correct your friend.

You don't want him polluting the trade pool.....as he did to you. He's gonna thank you for setting him straight. You would want him to tell you, wouldn't you?

Step up. Go on and be a man and tell the truth......

Last edited by freezer; 2006-11-24 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2006-11-24, 10:41 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

We have been discussing it in private, you won't leave me alone! LOL! I have deemed it pointless to name people to you, regardless of the name you will say that you never gave the said person the tape.

You don't seem like someone who is on the same page as I. All you care about is protecting a recording you made. If you really wanted to hoard it, you should have never let it out in the first place.

You like hoarding and protecting a music recording.

I like sharing.

Last edited by Spider_Web; 2006-11-24 at 10:47 PM.
Old 2006-11-24, 10:51 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Why won't you circulate a torrent from your master? I'll lay 100-1 odds that you will not answer this simple question.
You lose.....I already sent you a private message with that answer.

You first, pal. You want answers, you need to answer a question yourself.

You offered to tell in private where you got this bogus low gen 2/28/75 show from, but when I PM'ed you.....you reneged on your word.

You want an answer, you need to answer that question first.

Maybe I'll say the odds of you owning up ate way greater than 100-1.....

Let's see you stand up like a man first, and honor your word.

You will honor your word before any demanding answers, right, Spider_Web?

Quote:
I like sharing.
Then go ahead and share the information you ALREADY offered to share. What's stopping you?????

Quote:
You like hoarding and protecting a music recording.
Now this is the stupidest comeback I've ever seen..... How in the hell am I hoarding a recording you already claim to have?

You intend on polluting the gene pool too?

Seriously, you really didn't think that comeback through before you hit send?

How am I hoarding something you claim to have? And if you are intent on claiming a 1G>DAT>DAT....even though you know the lineage to be bogus, how am I hoarding something you claim is "low-gen"....

Are you serious?

Last edited by freezer; 2006-11-24 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2006-11-24, 11:07 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I have deemed it pointless to name people to you, regardless of the name you will say that you never gave the said person the tape.
This is more deep deep and obvious Bull Shit....Come up with a correct name and I'll tell the truth....

Why won't you tell the truth, Spider?
Old 2006-11-24, 11:08 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

You want all to believe your bullshit. Hoard your master. My copy is good enough. You are everything that's wrong with sharing music. You started this whole thing. I'm ending it. I'm done.
Old 2006-11-24, 11:11 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
You want all to believe your bullshit. Hoard your master. My copy is good enough. You are everything that's wrong with sharing music. You started this whole thing. I'm ending it. I'm done.
Can you end it by telling the truth?

I know it might be tough, but you can do it.

That's a great start.
Old 2006-11-24, 11:15 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Guys, cool it, or rather take it to PMs. This is NOT a thread about hoarding shows or about the lineage of a particular show. Read the first post in the thread and get back on topic, please.

Old 2006-11-24, 11:42 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Guys, cool it, or rather take it to PMs. This is NOT a thread about hoarding shows or about the lineage of a particular show. Read the first post in the thread and get back on topic, please.
Lynne, I was on topic the entire time.

This thread is about keeping the trade pool clean, that what we were talking about.

If someone suggest that all recordings with "Unknown analog lineage" be banned, then it's important to know that many older recording do not have correct lineage.

I pointed one out, the only one I know positively about.

Re-read the thread....we were entirely on topic.

How can someone post any version of that particular LZ show without giving the ONLY correct lineage in circulation......"UNKNOWN GENERATION". Otherwise the lineage is bogus, fake, fraudulent....and that is the same as "Unknown analog lineage" -- now isn't it?

That ties is perfectly with the first post in this thread.

Now, if you don't want to open that can of worms---that someone would purposefully falsify lineage in order to get a show posted on a torrent site that adheres to that sort of strict rules.

But that also falls in line with the topic.

But, hey, you and I both know that a cdr copy of a boot of that 2/28/75 Led Zep show was posted here and was up for a few days before being pulled....and there's still a torrent of one of the boots of 2/28/75 available at DaD. (Oh, but there couldn't be, because someone just accused me of hoarding that show.....while he's listening to that same tape. Amazing, ain't it?)

Well, I'll be good Ms Lynne, but for the life of me, I thought I was on topic the entire time......

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...#startcomments
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions