The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-12-18, 05:39 PM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Thumbs up Re: Torrent file upload failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Are you having troubles uploading another or are you just playing with me now...
I never play with mods being a timid creature

I had problem with this damn button also after you managed the problem with 'quota'. I did xx clicks and reloads and finally it awoke...

Thanks for your help, Lynne, very appreciated

To direwolf-pgh: I'm 6 but I don't know if may understand
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-18, 06:53 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Re: Torrent file upload failure.

Quote:
are you just playing with me now...
I wish!
Old 2007-12-19, 02:38 PM
29.79 GB/34.77 GB/1.17

Still can't upload

I've tried this several times. I've made a new torrent each time. I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error. The torrent file size is: 25.1Kb (28Kb on disc)
Old 2007-12-19, 03:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Still can't upload

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadassMOFO View Post
I've tried this several times. I've made a new torrent each time. I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error. The torrent file size is: 25.1Kb (28Kb on disc)
I'm a bit confused by your post cuz it sounds like you are talking about two different things. You do NOT have any torrent accidentally uploaded to the tracker, so if you are trying to upload a torrent, most likely you don't have the correct announce url.

The thing you are confusing me about is when you say "I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error." If you jump on an existing torrent, it has nothing to do with uploading so how can you get an upload error? Are you actually trying to upload a torrent to the site using the upload page or are you trying to hop on an existing torrent?

Old 2007-12-19, 04:25 PM
29.79 GB/34.77 GB/1.17

Quote:
I'm a bit confused by your post cuz it sounds like you are talking about two different things. You do NOT have any torrent accidentally uploaded to the tracker, so if you are trying to upload a torrent, most likely you don't have the correct announce url.

The thing you are confusing me about is when you say "I also tried to jump on an existing torrent. Each time I get an attachment upload error." If you jump on an existing torrent, it has nothing to do with uploading so how can you get an upload error? Are you actually trying to upload a torrent to the site using the upload page or are you trying to hop on an existing torrent?
I used this url:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php

I only tried to hop onto an existing torrent to see if it hooked up, which it did, but it gave an error within bit tornado. So yes, those are two completely different scenarios. I was trying to upload the attachment and it gives me the upload error.
Old 2007-12-19, 06:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I used this url:http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php

I only tried to hop onto an existing torrent to see if it hooked up, which it did, but it gave an error within bit tornado. So yes, those are two completely different scenarios. I was trying to upload the attachment and it gives me the upload error.
Did you read the stuff on the upload page about reasons for errors?

Quote:
Show / Hide If you are having problems uploading, look in here
If you get a torrent upload error, here are a couple things to look for:
- your announce url may be incorrect. Open the torrent in a text editor and make the announce url above is listed near the top of the torrent file. There should be a number "56" in front of the announce url.
- the file size is too big. Some torrent making applications make HUGE torrent files. Try using Azureus or uTorrent to make the torrent file.
- the torrent is already on the tracker. The tracker looks at the torrent hash. To get by this, change your text file slightly and make a new torrent. Also, give the torrent file a slightly different name.

If your torrent uploads fine, but then when you hit submit you get kicked back to this page:
- look to see if there are errors listed above the form. They will be in bold red.
- if there are no errors, it is probably that you reached the max length of the thread title or thread body. So, remove some of the text (you have to have some in the text boxes or you will get a bold red error) and after you are successful uploading the thread, you may add additional information in the second post.

If you continue to have problems, please post in Technobabble.
Did you verify the 56 in front of the announce url (that makes sure you don't have any extra characters in there that would make it fail to upload) and are you sure the torrent isn't already on the tracker? Are you getting an error message at all? Did you fill out the whole upload page?

As far as the other, are you getting a specific error message in bittornado? How about a link to the thread with the torrent?

Old 2007-12-19, 09:34 PM
Give Peace a Chance
TTD VIP
2.40 TB/38.34 TB/16.01

This happened to me as well today

I am no virgin to uploading stuff here

it just kept bounceing me back to the upload page with nothing bolded

as far as text ive had others with alot more and it wasnt an issue

I gave up when I went to reupload it later it said the torrent is already on the tracker??

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
I could give a fuck less if someone says thank you...as long as they keep seeding once their download is complete...

Oh...and Fuck you Weeboz
Warum Tutes Weh Wenn ich Pinkle
Old 2007-12-19, 10:00 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
This happened to me as well today

I am no virgin to uploading stuff here

it just kept bounceing me back to the upload page with nothing bolded

as far as text ive had others with alot more and it wasnt an issue

I gave up when I went to reupload it later it said the torrent is already on the tracker??

D
Yeah, I found yours on the tracker just a little while ago and deleted it.

Old 2007-12-19, 10:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Badass, if you look at that torrent file you posted (in the post you deleted), it has a 53 in front of the announce url. The number in front of the url is the number of characters that should make up the announce url following the number. If you count the number of characters in "http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php", there are 56, thus why I said it should have a 56 in front of the url. If you have a 53 in front of it like in the deleted post, then the announce url was entered incorrectly. It could be some hidden character you accidentally added in near the end of the announce url.

Old 2007-12-20, 01:03 PM
29.79 GB/34.77 GB/1.17

I see it now. It appears that my make torrent2 software removed 3 characters out of the word tracker and replaced the other 3 with "..." on the tracker list on the create torrent tab. There is also on that list, 14 other tracker names that I've never used or even typed in??!!

I kept trying to change the 53 to 56 no wonder it wouldn't change.
Old 2007-12-20, 02:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I see it now. It appears that my make torrent2 software removed 3 characters out of the word tracker and replaced the other 3 with "..." on the tracker list on the create torrent tab. There is also on that list, 14 other tracker names that I've never used or even typed in??!!

I kept trying to change the 53 to 56 no wonder it wouldn't change.
I'm glad you got it figured out. I must say that everytime this thread is bumped by a 'new' person (new to this thread), I get all tense wondering what is wrong now and wondering if I'll be able to figure out what is wrong and then fix it!

Old 2008-01-06, 02:59 AM
107.74 GB/64.68 GB/0.60

I saved the dvd files to a directory on my hd. Did the md5 summer thing. Got the Gspot info. Created the torrent file with Azureus. I am trying to upload and getting the same error message.

Where do I find the announce URL? I didn't notice that on the upload video torrent form.
Old 2008-01-06, 10:25 AM
107.74 GB/64.68 GB/0.60

I found an inactive video torrent that was the same show I was trying to upload. That might be the reason. I'll try another show for my first upload.
Old 2008-01-06, 10:34 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The announce url is listed in the FAQs and also on the upload page:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/tracker/announce.php

Old 2010-05-08, 06:49 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

I now have the upload failure that happens when I hit the manage attachments button. The torrent file has the 56 prior to the announce. Everything seems ok, the torrent size is 21k... none of the common problems seems to apply. Never had this before. Maybe it has something to do with my account? Any help is appreciated!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble