The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-02-10, 11:37 AM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Update to modified md5check with st5 support

If you've been using jazzbo's md5check script that was modified to include st5 checking and you recently upgraded shntool (i.e. went from a 2.x version of shntool to 3.x), you may notice that it will spit out a ton of error messages when you try to check st5s.

This is because the command in shntool that creates st5s got changed from "md5" to "hash" in the most recent version (very important to note for shntool commandline users).

Luckily, it was pretty easy to fix the script to support the new version of shntool, so I'm sharing the fix with you. Just download the text file, remove the ".txt" extension from it, make it executable, and replace your old md5check file with it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt md5check.txt
( 11.9 KB, 8 views)

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-10, 01:32 PM
18.28 GB/38.30 GB/2.09

Re: Update to modified md5check with st5 support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
If you've been using jazzbo's md5check script that was modified to include st5 checking and you recently upgraded shntool (i.e. went from a 2.x version of shntool to 3.x), you may notice that it will spit out a ton of error messages when you try to check st5s.
Well the fact that it has been four months and I didn't notice this was happening shows I've been a) downloading less and b) using my Mac at home a lot more lately.

Although I don't have to tell you -- for anyone else reading along, this is the beauty of open source: taking a readily available script which one person tweaks a little and makes that change available; then if it breaks, someone else can step in and get it working again.

Sorry, I just think it's cool when things like this happen.
Old 2007-06-10, 07:55 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbo
Well the fact that it has been four months and I didn't notice this was happening shows I've been a) downloading less and b) using my Mac at home a lot more lately.

Although I don't have to tell you -- for anyone else reading along, this is the beauty of open source: taking a readily available script which one person tweaks a little and makes that change available; then if it breaks, someone else can step in and get it working again.

Yeah, open source rules. Interestingly enough, I don't actually know Perl--I just know how to look at a page of code and guess which part is relevant to what I want to do.

Which reminds me, I should probably learn some Perl because there's a very promising ripping script I found (called ripthing.pl) that I want to do a few more modifications to before releasing it to the general public. Right now, the script rips the CD using cdda2wav in paranoia mode (with two passes), encodes the WAV files to FLAC level 8, tags the files using CDDB, and produces log files, wholefile md5s, and even a m3u playlist. I want it to give me a text file with FLAC fingerprints instead of the wholefile md5s, and also the option of prompting the user so it can name the files according to etree standards as an alternative to CDDB lookup. It's already very impressive, and with a few modifications, it'll be the best thing since sliced bread.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-06-11, 02:15 AM
79.41 GB/64.93 GB/0.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbo

Well put... and I agree entirely.

Thanks for the update spiritinaphoto, and thanks for the original script, jazzbo!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble