The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-12-11, 09:07 PM
8.90 GB/7.86 GB/0.88

Question for Cog/Mac users

I recently got a MacBook and have found so far that Cog is the closest Mac approximation for Foobar for playing lossless files. But one thing is very different. Cog seems to be trying to build a permanent playlist of everything it ever plays. That is, every time i open a flac with Cog it keeps that file in the playlist forever until i manually remove it. Foobar removes old files in the list when i open a new file. The new file(s) just plays and the old ones are replaced/gone. I'm used to the way Foobar does it and it works better for how i do things. I don't want Cog to build some huge list because most of the files i'm playing with it are on external HDD's or DVD's, and therefore are not always on the MacBook anyway. So is there any way to get Cog to stop trying to build some kind of huge master playlist with every file i ever load into it and instead just do what Foobar does?

Alternatively, is there another program for Mac that does it more like Foobar? Cog is otherwise exactly what i want. This one issue is the only thing I find annoying.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-12-11, 09:12 PM
7.96 GB/193.28 MB/0.02

Re: Question for Cog/Mac users

There you go: http://cogx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=553

Cog is great. Play is another FLAC player, but inferior. For other players I guess search versiontracker.com or macupdate.com for the term FLAC.
Old 2009-12-11, 09:35 PM
8.90 GB/7.86 GB/0.88

Thanks KM, but...

"Go find ~/Library/Application Support/Cog/Default.m3u
(where ~ is your Home folder)"

There's no 'Cog' directory in my Library/Application Support folder, so i can't find this file.

Also, this is not quite what i was after. This is talking about having the playlist clear when you close the program and restart it. That's a step in the right direction but I was really talking about it just clearing whenever you open a new file. I don't want anything staying in the playlist after i move on to playing something else.
Old 2009-12-12, 02:28 PM
56.17 GB/77.80 GB/1.38

I don't know about the latest full release but I use it set to check for the latest nightly build and that gives you the option in preferences to clear the playlist and play whenever a new file is added, which I think would do what you want.

Black Keys - I Got Mine
Tintern Abbey - Vacuum Cleaner
Old 2009-12-12, 02:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I always just Select All > Delete before I enter a new show.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble