The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-05-09, 11:52 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

^^^Yawn........

james-ky, the most pitiful thing about the entire internet is that it gives you a platform to whine to the whole fricking world.

No, I never claimed to speak for everybody, but what percent of the entire population of TTD could actually give a fuck about the Lounge?

Christ, nobody here could give a fuck about ratios.....that was my point, too bad the crack about becoming a Post Whore hit so close to home for a couple of you.....

Christ, nobody here could give a fuck about ratios.....which is what this thread is 'supposed to be' about, before I hijacked it.

And it sure as shit is true that the more you post inanely in the Lounge, the more you're accepted here.

That was the point of bringing up the 'word association' thread.....

How many years did it take you in high school, james-ky, having to have EVERYTHING explained to you?

What's your post count, jamesky.....or is that your "TTD creditability" ratio?

If you hadn't become a post whore, you'd still be nothing more than the major butt of the jokes in the Lounge.

If it worked for you, why shouldn't it work for Dudogger?

That's legitimate and serious answer.

If it worked for you, and helped you get accepted at this site, then why shouldn't it work for Dudogger.....

He's already proved himself more articulate than you , james-ky.

If Dudogger does what you did, hang out in the Lounge and posts 200 times a day, why shouldn't he be as accepted as you? You think you're better than him?

However I'd bet that there have been some new visitors to the Lounge since this thread was hijacked......

With all those new visitors to the Lounge, it's a good time to bring up starting a "jameskg is an idiot" thread, but this time I suggest that such a thread be in a spot where everyone can participate.....

Of course since I don't post in the lounge, it's a great time for some coward to start a "freezer is an idiot" thread there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know anything!

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-09 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-05-09, 11:58 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
Christ, nobody here could give a fuck about ratios.....which is what this thread is 'supposed to be' about, before I hijacked it.
So, back to the topic......

Old 2007-05-09, 12:05 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
So, back to the topic......

At least you didn't deny the truth behind what I posted......thanks.

Now, what about that explicit ratio thing.....and how are you gonna do anything to help adjust my ratio?
Old 2007-05-09, 12:06 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
Now, what about that explicit ratio thing.....and how are you gonna do anything to help adjust my ratio?
maybe you could start by recording something for yourself and share it with others.... all I hear is a mouth full of gimmee.

Old 2007-05-09, 05:03 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman
maybe you could start by recording something for yourself and share it with others.... all I hear is a mouth full of gimmee. ...
I just recorded over 40 acts from the New Orleans Jazz Fest.....and some shows in clubs during and previous to the Jazz Fest....

A lot of sets where there were guests........ There were some out of town musicians climbing on stage with old rockers from the 'golden' days of New Orleans Swamp Pop......

I'm looking for a site that will allow jazz and blues and funk shows offered there as trades...... or you can PM me.....

Gotta warn you, I'm looking for "unique" recordings ..... not run of the mill humdrum crap.

I'm not interested in sharing on torrent anything any longer.....

Not enough people keep their ratios to a point where the chronic complainers won't keep their whiney asses in the lounge in the word association thread.......
Old 2007-05-09, 05:07 PM
Shareblue Platinum Member
471.23 GB/591.81 GB/1.26

Quote:
Not enough people keep their ratios to a point where the chronic complainers won't keep their whiney asses in the lounge in the word association thread.......
cool. I haven't been to jazz fest since 1996. Always a good time. Some of my pals were their video recording. can't wait to see it when they get back.
Old 2007-05-09, 08:35 PM
the non-nuclear Homer Simpson
202.13 GB/314.80 GB/1.56

Quote:
As opposed to old whiny bastards who like to argue over the internet, thereby raising their post count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hear the Rape is lovely this time of year.
Quote:
hey man if nobody else has helped you out, i can continue to ignore you too
Old 2007-05-09, 09:03 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

maybe I'm just undereducated here, but I know I've seen a lot of "freezer" stuff (some of which I have liked and some I haven't...thanx for circulating them all the same) and although I haven't seen anything I recall coming from dcbullets efforts (be it taping, authoring or uploading) but it seems his ratio looks good, and he at least shared what he took (and then some) and all of you seem to have contributed in one fashion or another, and I personally appreciate all of your efforts, and as I don't know you guys personally, I have no gripes with any of you...so why then, if you have all been decent contributors here, are you all so hateful towards each other???

it's quite a bum trip guys...the hate seems rather personal...maybe that kind of jagged edge should be delivered via pm or something...you both seem to enjoy beatin each other up, but this seems a poor place to take up such matters...seems kinda strange too (I'm sure I'm missing much of the history, and don't wanna know either) sorry to see so much personal hatred here...I hope you all find a way to remain civil...sometimes it's best to agree to disagree

P.S. I'm aware that I could probably do well to take my own advice, and I too am working on trying to let things go, for the good of myself and those around me...this is an open forum and all kinds of assholes are welcome here...my kind, your kind, and every kind in between

we're allowed to be assholes, if that's who we are, and it's up to the community to learn how to deal with it...it's sad but it's true...don't know if this helps any of you, but I thought I'd share it with ya
Old 2007-05-09, 10:24 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Phishblowz, freezer has sent a lot of shows to some users to seed here. His ratio will always be 0 even though he has shared who know how many new shows here (or elsewhere). So, he would be banned if we enforced a ratio ban here. Is that right?

I'll continue to state that I'm not crazy about ratio bans. I don't think ratios tell the whole story about sharing. Sharing is not all about torrents. I know it is frustrating to hop on a show and give your upload to someone who then jumps off.... I've done it tons of times... I've even posted in threads saying I hope so-and-so will stay on after I upload to them to continue sharing. But, in the long run, I realize I have to just share the shows.

Old 2007-05-09, 10:38 PM
GrOoOvemeister
2.57 TB/2.00 TB/0.78

like I said about these guys that are spreading a lot of hate towards each other...they seem to be good members...I said I got some things that were "freezer" tapes...and some I passed on (but am aware he is responsible for, and that's cool of him) so I was more curious as to why people who have done so much for the music preservation are bashing each other, that's all

as for the ratio issue, he could (and should) be credited for his efforts...these credits could be applied as upload credit to reflect his ratio in an overall aspect rather than a strict BT ul/dl issue...other sites have been known to creit uploads for donations, we could do so for bnp offers and vines and new offerings like "freezer" tapes and things like that...but in Freezers case, any way you look at it, he has a non-ratio...it is neither high nor low, therefore, as he has "taken" nothing, he wouldn't be required to "give back" to remain at an even level...0:0 is the same as 1:1...but yes I understand your point about good people getting shafted by an uneven policy...I think a credit system would balance it, but I have come to accept the inevitable, and I am okay with it...I don't wish to rant, and I'm sorry if some people I respect think ill of me for all of this, and I am sorry...everyone knows how I feel about it and I will leave it at that...I will continue to do what I think is right, and what other people do is there problem...it's not my cross to bear, and I will lay that burden down now...thanks for all the wise opinions by many of you on the matter...there have been good arguements on both sides, and a rather spirited debate...it's a shame that healthy debates tend to get ugly over the net, but it was a valuable experience (if nothing else)

thanks to most of you for the valuable input
Old 2007-05-09, 10:40 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
.....so why then, if you have all been decent contributors here, are you all so hateful towards each other???
I guess where it begins is with past arguements over false lineages.....

Particularly when it pertains to Led Zeppelin......some of the guys I make fun of (especially in this thread) may or may not have ever 'knowingly' passed off fake lineages.....but they sure as fuck take it personal whenever the word 'lineage' is mentioned.

In my case, I'm sure where it begins with "them that hates me" is that they know I have things they want and can't get.....The demands are usually followed by NOTHING but hatred. (Lots of denials will occur to this remark, but if the specific recording came available, they'd be asses and elbows all over it....)

You got it, there's a lot of hate involved.

I say it begins with the lineage frauds, I'm sure in the background is that I do have things they want. and I rub it in.....

Didn't you wonder about the "mouth full of gimme" remark?

I've used that on the takers, and if you like, it's yours to use on the uberleechers; I like to use it for the nose-picking jerks who feel the need to demand from tapers when they'll never dare to walk in a taper's shoes. (Is she here?)

Yeah, I'm old, older than almost all of you here, wouldn't trade it for the world.

First band taped: John Fred and his Playboy Band in September of 1967....not a stealth job either.....they were riding on a hit named "Agnes English" just having "Up and Down" off the charts in May 67. I got to see them do their new song, "Judy In Disguise" before it was released.

First stealth jobs were in 1968....lousy recordings, but a start. Animals...Steppenwolf....

Also, I'm not much of a subscriber to the "community" thing.

I'm a trader.

In order for me to be able to operate as a trader looking for rare material, I have to have material that doesn't circulate.....and in most cases, they're recordings I made myself.

You see old recordings from me popping up only to try to shake loose something I'm looking for....

You see new recordings from me because I like the music and I know certain folks here like it or 'should' like it. Or because I'd like to see some unknown/new/old act get some attention.

But that's my motives for sharing.

I'm looking for only a few specific recordings and after I find 'em (or if I just give up the search) I'm a gone pecan.

I'm not interested in every live recording by every band.....been there - done that....its boring...and I never got back the same quality of recordings I was putting out.

........and I'm not going to archive the history of any band. That's anal-retentive.....and I ain't a librarian.

Hell, I don't even believe that my recordings are part of the "history of Rock n Roll" or "historical documents". (if a band wanted to be documented they should do it themselves....don't look to me for help....I'm not interested.)

I'm mostly interested in recordings of the shows I've seen.

And what keeps me around is I'm still searching for the soundboard recording of 12/12/70 Doors in New Orleans.

I'll trade for that, name what I have you want.....then I'm a hiistory lesson.

So if you want to get rid of me, just come up with that soundboard recording of the last Doors show with Jim Morrison, and I'm gone......

And then the jerks can lie about lineages all they want......

Last edited by freezer; 2007-05-09 at 10:47 PM. Reason: i fixed the typos --- OK????
Old 2007-05-09, 10:51 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I guess where it begins is with past arguements over false lineages.....
No, no, and no.

Not all arguments on this site are over lineage. In fact, until you mentioned it as a word in a Lounge thread (we aren't in The Lounge!!!!) it wasn't brought up.

NEXT!

No more lineage in this thread.

Back on track for this thread now. And I'm serious.

Old 2007-05-09, 11:09 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
No, no, and no.

Not all arguments on this site are over lineage. In fact, until you mentioned it as a word in a Lounge thread (we aren't in The Lounge!!!!) it wasn't brought up.

NEXT!

No more lineage in this thread.

Back on track for this thread now. And I'm serious.

So what are you going to do about MY ratio?
Old 2007-05-09, 11:25 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishblowz
as for the ratio issue, he could (and should) be credited for his efforts...these credits could be applied as upload credit to reflect his ratio in an overall aspect rather than a strict BT ul/dl issue...other sites have been known to creit uploads for donations, we could do so for bnp offers and vines and new offerings like "freezer" tapes and things like that...
I've offered to give away 200 gigs to any TTDer in need. But apparently it can't be done...or can it? I'd gladly give it all away. It damn sure ain't doin' me any good.
Old 2007-05-09, 11:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
So what are you going to do about MY ratio?
Nothing. We aren't banning anyone over ratios (have we ever said we would?). This is a discussion thread. Are we not allowed to discuss here?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions