The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-01-24, 07:15 PM
395.43 GB/138.30 GB/0.35

Angry I've got an idea....

....that maybe some of you need a lesson in manners....

before I get started, understand that I know my ratio is not the greatest (.43) but I decided to do something about that...

...which is what got me to despise so many of the people in this community. I decided to upload some of my 20+ Pearl Jam vid masters here on TTD. Thought it would be a nice gesture and it might stop Lou from selling my vids at the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department. I up'd my Pearl Jam College Park master to the exact specifications that the TTD has put fourth only to get countless PM's from people bitching that my bitrates were too slow, I need to do this, I need to do that. I also specifically asked that no one PM me asking what other masters I have. I did this because I work 80 freakin hours a week. Guess what? The first 4 PM's I got after posting were from the same asshole bugging me to find out what else I had. I can live with that to an extent....the same guy PM's me to let me know what an asshole I am for not telling him.

For some of us this shit isn't our whole lives. I went out of my way to up this shit. All I thought I might get was a few thank you's and I wasn't even worried about that. I got way more than I bargained for.

This shit is annoying. I was all set to up 3 more PJ masters this weekend. I'll pass. Maybe I'll up them on Pirate Bay or Mininova or something.

Certainly won't be here.

J
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-01-24, 07:47 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: I've got an idea....

I hate those kinds of ppl, too... its equal or worse at TPB/MN etc but go check it out for yourself. thanks for taping & sharing.

and remember peeps its the traders' den not the gimmie-gimmie-what-you-got-can-you-torrent-that-today-with-a-fast-upload-rate den

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2009-01-24, 07:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: I've got an idea....

Posts removed, this isn't The Lounge guys!

Did you know that you may set it up so you may only receive PMs from Mods and users in your Contacts List? User CP > Edit Options > click on Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators . That should stop the unsolicited PMs. You may want to also turn off Visitor Messages from users not on your contact list also. See this thread for other options regarding privacy - New TTD Features

Regarding bitrates and such..... sometimes it may help to look at some PMs as users trying to be helpful. If you are new to authoring (sorry if you aren't, I don't know you), then you may want to try to look at those PMs as users trying to help you get the most out of your video transfers. I know sometimes people come across as seeming to be demanding, but oftentimes they are just trying to help you make great videos.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
jam, masters, pearl