The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-11-05, 02:54 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

FIREWALLED????

Pretty new here, so bare with me. I was FIREWALLED on Monday, but i WASN'T firewalled on Tue.s, but now i'm firewalled on Wed.s?(today) Anyone have any reasons why this is happening? Could it be a false-positive? As far as i can tell, everything seems to be working fine. I read the firewalled section, but i don't understand how to get rid of it. Any HELP, would be apprecaited. THANKS................CUTZ
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-11-05, 04:27 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: FIREWALLED????

What does it say at canyouseeme.org?

Old 2008-11-05, 05:58 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
What does it say at canyouseeme.org?
It says it can't see me, but the reason is : the connection timed out. So, the way i understand that is, that the test is not working because it timed out?

I changed over to a wireless modem(which is hooked up to my PC, that i use for this site) on Monday. Can that have anything to do with it? But, like i stated above, it was NOT firewalled yesterday(Tue.s), and i was on the site for a long time. Thanks..........CUTZ
Old 2008-11-05, 06:03 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

That means it can't see you - it was trying to see you and never got a response, so the connectiong 'timed out'.

Have you done anything at all to your router regarding adding your IP and port number into it? Have you checked out portforward.com ?

Old 2008-11-05, 06:37 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
That means it can't see you - it was trying to see you and never got a response, so the connectiong 'timed out'.

Have you done anything at all to your router regarding adding your IP and port number into it? Have you checked out portforward.com?
No, i haven't done anything, with the router and adding my port number. I don't even know how to do that. I'm LOW-TECH. I'm on the portforward.com site right now. Thanks.......CUTZ
Old 2008-11-05, 08:25 PM
200.95 GB/50.59 GB/0.25

i have the same problem
and i'm and old user

first time that i see FIREWALLED on my screen

weird!
Old 2008-11-05, 08:32 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

NOW, its telling me that i'm NOT FIREWALLED!!!! I haven't done ANYTHING, so i don't know whats going on. Like i said, i'm pretty new on here, but as far as i can tell, everything is DL and UL, like before.
Old 2008-11-05, 08:48 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalinasc View Post
i have the same problem
and i'm and old user

first time that i see FIREWALLED on my screen

weird!
Do you have any problems, as far as DL or seeding?
Old 2008-11-06, 03:14 AM
9.63 GB/20.56 GB/2.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutz View Post
NOW, its telling me that i'm NOT FIREWALLED!!!! I haven't done ANYTHING, so i don't know whats going on. Like i said, i'm pretty new on here, but as far as i can tell, everything is DL and UL, like before.
This has happened to me a few times. My computer connects to our internet wirelessly - usually I'm fine, but sometimes it has a funny few minutes and thinks I'm firewalled. The router crashed the other day, so I had to reboot it, and for an hour or so after that I was (apparently) firewalled. It did sort itself out though.
Old 2008-11-06, 05:42 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

a few torrent clients use individual ports (pipes) for each torrent being downloaded.
(utorrent and azureus clients are single port clients)

if your client utilizes multiple ports - each and every port used must open or you will be flagged as firewalled.
Old 2008-11-06, 09:34 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've had my router suddenly decide to make me firewalled. Usually a reboot of the darned thing will fix it.

If you are fine on canyouseeme, then don't worry about it. TTD just does a quick check when you first connect, but after that, it is up to your bittorrent client on whether you are firewalled or not. I know Azureus will tell you if you are or not, probably uTorrent also. You can also tell if you get both Local and Remote connections on your Peer List (if you show those). If you get both, then you aren't firewalled. If you only get Local connections, then it thinks you are firewalled.

Old 2008-11-06, 05:54 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

Thanks to everyone, for ther input. I appreciate it. I'm not FIREWALLED right now, so i think i'm alright......CUTZ
Old 2008-11-07, 02:34 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

I'm FIREWALLED, AGAIN!!! Now at the bottom of my utorrent page, its telling me: Not connectable, a router/firewall is limiting my network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you.

I've read the portforward.com site, and it may as well be in chineses, because i don't understand it at all. If someone can explain it in SIMPLER terms, i would appreciate it.

I'll try to reboot my router, and see if that works.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:41 PM
383.15 GB/2.69 TB/7.18

Man just forget it. All i did was exit from Utorrent, and then re-open the Utorrent window, and now i'm not FIREWALLED. I guess this is the way it will be; firewalled,not firewalled,firewalled,not firewalled. I guess it will be hit or miss as far as being firewalled, or not. Again i appreciate all the help/suggestions. THANKS.......CUTZ
Old 2008-11-07, 06:41 PM
1.71 TB/1.33 TB/0.78

I'm always firewalled, and can't seem to do anythig about it. I went to portforward.com, found my router, and followed the steps to a T, and it had no effect. So I give up.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble