The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should we ban mindless leechers?
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 1.0 27 4.03%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.75 29 4.33%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.50 131 19.55%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.25 158 23.58%
No, not under any circumstances. Let karma take over! 201 30.00%
Give them a warning and allow them to make up for their wrongdoing by ul'ing constantly. 177 26.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-08, 11:41 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep620 View Post
Win???? What did you win? I got a nice laugh about all of this. If you can't at least find some humor in my post, than maybe you take this too serious. Theres no bad vibes. Just humor.

BTW: I could pull some stuff out that hasn't circulate in a while. But I choose to go back and help people who are stuck on a torrent because someone did a hit and run, and left them hanging.
I do that too.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-01-08, 11:48 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

Possessed. Your a little nutty, but I sort of like you. Goodnight Mi Compadre.
Old 2008-01-09, 12:44 AM
Rez Ipsa Loquitor
264.10 GB/182.93 GB/0.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsmythe View Post
Please do what's best for people who come to share music and stop dwelling on bullshit like ratios.
So why do you care so much when people mention your ratio, if you didn't you would let it go.
Old 2008-01-12, 03:01 PM
sticky packer, icky stacker
528.55 GB/531.69 GB/1.01

How can you even have this conversation when this site's ratios ARE NOT EVEN ACCURATE? I love this site, but it's insanely frustrating to deal with. I have a show now that I've seeded to a 3.20 ratio and this site has me at --. WTF? This isn't the first time. It's all the time with TTD. Every other tracker I use either works well or has a specific system to deal with ratio issues. Not the TTD. I can get weeks worth of suggestions and ideas as to what it is but never any resolution from TTD. Ban leechers? Why don't you focus on correct ratios instead of banning people?
Old 2008-01-12, 04:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalew View Post
How can you even have this conversation when this site's ratios ARE NOT EVEN ACCURATE? I love this site, but it's insanely frustrating to deal with. I have a show now that I've seeded to a 3.20 ratio and this site has me at --. WTF? This isn't the first time. It's all the time with TTD. Every other tracker I use either works well or has a specific system to deal with ratio issues. Not the TTD. I can get weeks worth of suggestions and ideas as to what it is but never any resolution from TTD. Ban leechers? Why don't you focus on correct ratios instead of banning people?
When you are a seeder on a show with 0 leechers, guess what? Your ratio will remain at --- no matter how long you are on it (which is the case with the torrent where your ratio says ---). We only keep track of ratios since the last time you started your torrent, which is different than many other sites. And that isn't going to change here.

Old 2008-01-12, 04:51 PM
528.55 GB/531.69 GB/1.01

[quote=U2Lynne;773046]
Quote:
When you are a seeder on a show with 0 leechers, guess what? Your ratio will remain at --- no matter how long you are on it (which is the case with the torrent where your ratio says ---). We only keep track of ratios since the last time you started your torrent, which is different than many other sites. And that isn't going to change here.
Well, actually, Lynne you are not referring to the same show (Brecker Bros. 7-16-95) that I was talking about, which now shows a full 26 MB of 1.1 GB uploaded.
With all due respect, you are quick to shoot down all complaints of TTD but not so quick to resolve TTD's issues with ratios. I'm not the only one that has brought this to TTD's staffs attention and I'm not the one who continues to feel their ratio is incorrect.
I appreciate this site as well as your efforts to keep it running smoothly. I don't appreciate the tone of your response. My original comment was in response this thread and the conversation relating to banning "leechers". It wasn't a dig at you. You've tried to help me as well as countless others in the past. Thank you again, Lynne. I hope you have a nice day.
Old 2008-01-12, 05:14 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Quote:
Well, actually, Lynne you are not referring to the same show (Brecker Bros. 7-16-95) that I was talking about, which now shows a full 26 MB of 1.1 GB uploaded.
With all due respect, you are quick to shoot down all complaints of TTD but not so quick to resolve TTD's issues with ratios. I'm not the only one that has brought this to TTD's staffs attention and I'm not the one who continues to feel their ratio is incorrect.
I appreciate this site as well as your efforts to keep it running smoothly. I don't appreciate the tone of your response. My original comment was in response this thread and the conversation relating to banning "leechers". It wasn't a dig at you. You've tried to help me as well as countless others in the past. Thank you again, Lynne. I hope you have a nice day.
I am referring to this Michael Brecker show: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=51505 There have been NO leechers on there since you posted last, at which time you had 0 upload and 0 download and you still have 0 upload and 0 download on the show. That is what it should say. If your client says differently, then your client is at fault. If there are no NON-DHT leechers, then you cannot possibly have any upload on TTD. We don't do anything here about DHT except keep telling users to turn it off on their clients or their stats will not get counted on this tracker if they are exchanging information with someone through DHT. I have had many users tell me that turning DHT off in their client totally fixed the issue with their stats.

Old 2008-01-12, 05:51 PM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

Ever notice how people who think their ratio is wrong never think the error is in their favor?

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.
Old 2008-01-12, 06:03 PM
58.43 GB/65.74 GB/1.13

I have noticed, too, that the share ratios do not seem to reflect the real uploads, e.g. my share ratio should be a bit higher than it is.

I'm not complaining just stating it.

I know I had a relatively even share ratio (something like 0.99 or 0.97) before I started downloading 2 DVDs = about 8 GB. Now I'm still sharing these two R.E.M. DVDs and according to azureus I have uploaded 3.22 GB of the first one and 3.89 GB of the second one so far.

However, according to the data given on top of the site I have currently downloaded 21.47 GB and uploaded 19.11 GB = 2.36 GB are missing until an even ratio of 1.00.

Once again, I'm not complaining I have just noticed this and would like to mention it here. I'm very grateful to get the stuff and I don't mind uploading a GB more I just find it very strange.

For someone who has more problems uploading it could be a problem to get a good ratio, though.
Old 2008-01-12, 06:10 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

jerks
Old 2008-01-12, 06:29 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmyheart View Post
I have noticed, too, that the share ratios do not seem to reflect the real uploads, e.g. my share ratio should be a bit higher than it is.

I'm not complaining just stating it.

I know I had a relatively even share ratio (something like 0.99 or 0.97) before I started downloading 2 DVDs = about 8 GB. Now I'm still sharing these two R.E.M. DVDs and according to azureus I have uploaded 3.22 GB of the first one and 3.89 GB of the second one so far.

However, according to the data given on top of the site I have currently downloaded 21.47 GB and uploaded 19.11 GB = 2.36 GB are missing until an even ratio of 1.00.

Once again, I'm not complaining I have just noticed this and would like to mention it here. I'm very grateful to get the stuff and I don't mind uploading a GB more I just find it very strange.

For someone who has more problems uploading it could be a problem to get a good ratio, though.
Do you have DHT turned off in Azurues? By default, it is on, so if you have done nothing about it, then it will be on. This hurts you because if someone else has DHT on, then they may connect to you using DHT and then all the data exchanged between the two of you will not be seen by the tracker at all. DHT is a way of talking to other clients by bypassing the tracker.

Quoted from this thread (dated 2006, but I think it's still valid): http://archief.retecool.com/forum/th...14344_0_20_0_C

Disabling DHT in Azureus
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.
See the note under "Update" on this page.

Old 2008-01-12, 07:20 PM
528.55 GB/531.69 GB/1.01

Thanks again U2 Lynne.

Thanks Inmyheart for sharing your experience. I have DHT disabled and still have the same issue. It's just nice to be reminded that I am not the only one...especially after direwolf's incredibly vulgar personal attacks.

Again, I appreciate all that goes down here and it isn't my intention to "bite the hand that feeds me". It is, however, my intention to have a correct ratio. One that actually represents the amount I've shared. If I have reason to believe it's incorrect, is it wrong for me to say so? I hope not.
Old 2008-01-12, 07:34 PM
528.55 GB/531.69 GB/1.01

Lynne, I was hoping to send you a PM but it seems I can't so here goes...

I wanted to comment on the show you referred to (M. Brecker 9-29-88) in your last response to me. When you stated I have uploaded 0 and if my client says so, it is at fault.
My client shows I have uploaded 978.30 MB at a 2.015 ratio. Are you saying this is completely wrong? Are you saying I've uploaded nothing?
For instance, I am seeding Breker Bros. 7-3-93 right now. I am watching it seed at 38 KB right now. I am connected to 2 of 6 leechers. But the site shows me at --. Are you saying that I'm not seeding this at all?
Thanks again for your help.
Old 2008-01-13, 12:48 AM
4.86 GB/734.96 GB/151.30

Quote:
Lynne, I was hoping to send you a PM but it seems I can't so here goes...
You don't take a hint well, do you sparky ?!
You're posts and demands were rude. You sound a jerk.
Here's a clue. You need to apologise. Until then

You can't even configure your own firewall.
Now you believe you're some kind of tracker expert
Old 2008-01-13, 12:55 AM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot View Post
You can't even configure your own firewall.
Now you believe you're some kind of tracker expert
+1

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers