The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2007-12-12, 02:57 PM
2.23 TB/2.13 TB/0.95

Re: Forum software upgrade on Monday

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. One thing I noticed today.
My RSS feed is not updating the audio and video torrents anymore. It still does the other forums but the last torrent listed is the Dave Mathews video from 12/10 @ 21:10et.
I don't know how many people actually use this, just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Did you do an update on the 10th that may have affected it?
Old 2007-12-12, 03:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGFY26 View Post
Hi Lynne,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. One thing I noticed today.
My RSS feed is not updating the audio and video torrents anymore. It still does the other forums but the last torrent listed is the Dave Mathews video from 12/10 @ 21:10et.
I don't know how many people actually use this, just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Did you do an update on the 10th that may have affected it?
Due to the notice we got today to take down the Zeppelin torrent, we no longer allow non-members to view the Torrent forums. This is probably why you aren't getting an update in your RSS feed. Perhaps there is a way to put in a username/password for a site in order for it to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppy2 View Post
I use Firefox 1.5 under Ubuntu-Linux 6.06 and threads take now such a long time to open...
I tried on another computer with Firefox 2.0 under Ubuntu-Linux 7.10 and have not the same problem, but a different (new) home page ?
Hmmm, I'm not a linux user, so I really can't help with this. Perhaps you can open the console (Tools > Error Console) and see what the problem is?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-12-13, 01:27 PM
2.23 TB/2.13 TB/0.95

Thanks Lynne,
That's probably it, I'll check it out.
Old 2007-12-13, 11:13 PM
520.23 GB/4.00 TB/7.88

I can no longer open torrents with Azureus. Each time I log in and try to open a torrent, I get "Open this file with Internet Explorer" with the file identified as "attachment.htm." Please help!

BTW, I've opened torrents successfully on other trackers. So this problem appears to be unique to this site, which has been my favorite torrent site. Bummer!
Old 2007-12-13, 11:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlap View Post
I can no longer open torrents with Azureus. Each time I log in and try to open a torrent, I get "Open this file with Internet Explorer" with the file identified as "attachment.htm." Please help!

BTW, I've opened torrents successfully on other trackers. So this problem appears to be unique to this site, which has been my favorite torrent site. Bummer!
You might want to look at this thread: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=49846

It is something set in your browser. When I upgraded the site, the name of the download file changed from downloadtor.php to attachment.php, so your browser used to be able to handle downloading the torrents when it had one script name, so it should be able to deal with this new script name.

Old 2007-12-14, 06:17 AM
712.73 GB/970.96 GB/1.36

Just a nitpicky thing -- I logged on, changed the page style from "snowflakes" to "rotating Banner", which worked, but it was like I hadn't logged on. When I re-logged-on, it said welcome slickdaddyo, but again it was like I hadn't logged on. I kept hitting "back" on my browser, and eventually was able to re-re-re-log-in.
Old 2007-12-14, 09:33 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddyo View Post
Just a nitpicky thing -- I logged on, changed the page style from "snowflakes" to "rotating Banner", which worked, but it was like I hadn't logged on. When I re-logged-on, it said welcome slickdaddyo, but again it was like I hadn't logged on. I kept hitting "back" on my browser, and eventually was able to re-re-re-log-in.
With the old software, I was able to logon and NOT check the stay logged in button and everything would be fine for my session. However, they do sessions a bit differently now and I think you have to check that box or you may get told you need to login again when going to some pages or trying to download attachments/torrents.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this new 'security feature'.

Old 2007-12-16, 09:30 PM
52.86 GB/283.56 GB/5.36

I can not search for U2 as it does not have 4 letters. Is there a way to fix or get around that problem?

Scott
Old 2007-12-20, 04:06 PM
339.58 GB/416.00 GB/1.23

Hello. I have run into a few problems:
1. I tried to find where to enable the 3d effect and couldn't find it in my CP.
2. When I try to open this thread http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...eil+young+echo
I get an error message:
406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.
Old 2007-12-20, 05:35 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseph View Post
2. When I try to open this thread http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...eil+young+echo
I get an error message:
406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.
1. What 3d effect?
2. That is because you used the word 'echo' which is a no-no. Our ModSecurity doesn't like it and I'm not going to allow that word in the exceptions.

Old 2007-12-23, 05:24 PM
127.33 GB/118.92 GB/0.93

Thumbs up Re: Forum software upgrade on Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
First Post Date.... OK, now I understand what you guys are talking about. It was an old hack that I never used and I totally forgot about it. I've gotta go find my old code for it (hopefully I saved it somewhere).

Just wanted to say thank-you for all your work on this site and specifically for your work on restoring the "First Post Date" order feature that a few of us enjoy using so much. All your efforts are very much appreciated. Thank you again.

Old 2008-04-16, 08:25 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
also the 3-d effect is gone from the purple bars
the 3d effect is the style. if you go to your CP you can change to style2 for what you are after.
Quote:
I can't find where to change to style2 to enable the 3D effect either. Is this an option only available to mods?

Thanks
Old 2008-04-16, 10:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman View Post
the 3d effect is the style. if you go to your CP you can change to style2 for what you are after.
Quote:
I can't find where to change to style2 to enable the 3D effect either. Is this an option only available to mods?

Thanks
Just for you, I put it back in. It's called TTD Default - 3D.

Old 2008-04-16, 11:14 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Thanks Lynne!

Is there a way to make avatars 3D?
Old 2008-04-17, 01:09 PM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

that layout looks nice. changes the fonts quite a bit, but its sure easy to read.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions