The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-01-20, 02:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Site Upgrade Today - Monday - list problems here

Amazing what a little extra "$sr .=" will do!!! The list should now be fine. You were listed twice on a couple of shows because you didn't stop your client correctly and the tracker didn't get the information to remove you from the peers list. The cleaner will come along an fix that usually within 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasternut View Post
The" Most Recently Seeded Torrents" does not work as in the past.
Where are you talking about?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-01-20, 03:18 PM
527.19 GB/3.15 TB/6.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser98629 View Post
The tracker thinks I'm trying to seed more than 10 torrents when in reality I'm only seeding 8 and thus I'm shown as failure to connect to the tracker (red arrow). I have some connectivity issues with my ISP the last couple of days, but my Dime seeds are now fine. Would the site upgrade have anything to do with my problems? Updating the tracker is not helping. I have also tried closing out and then re-starting my bit torrent client (Utorrent v.1.8.1) to no avail either. I am however, at present uploading to peers 3 of my 8 seeds? I'm confused here.
Never mind.....FINALLY functioning correctly.
Old 2009-01-20, 04:34 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

^

May I (seriously) ask what "Friends" are for?
Old 2009-01-20, 04:41 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

They make it so you don't look friendless on your profile page.

OK, but more seriously, you may now privatize your profile. Currently, unregistered users may not see your profile, but now you may even customize that. One of the options is to only show parts of your profile to your 'friends'. Other than that, I can't think of what use they are..... unless you are into that myspace/facebook stuff and think it is cool to have tons of friends.

There is a whole bunch of new stuff in the FAQ including this - Friends and Contacts

Old 2009-01-20, 05:05 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Re: Site Upgrade last Monday - list problems here

Thanks

I shoulda read the FAQ, first.
Old 2009-01-21, 07:40 AM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

seeders/leech/completed does not display when searching by tag... at least in stg theme

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2009-01-21, 09:20 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yeah, I know. I tried to get it working a week ago and couldn't. I'll have to get back to that one.

Old 2009-01-21, 09:51 AM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

duly noted back to

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2009-01-21, 04:21 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Is the forum experiencing some on & offs today?

Happened twice today when posting a couple of msgs, & when hitting for another one, then I get and endless "waiting for reply" from the browser & cannot contact the site for some minutes.

Perhaps it's a time-out/kick-off thing?
Old 2009-01-21, 05:05 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Not that I've noticed. But then, I haven't been on the site a whole lot today. I haven't had any database errors today though.

Old 2009-01-22, 05:30 PM
1.25 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
Is the forum experiencing some on & offs today?

Happened twice today when posting a couple of msgs, & when hitting for another one, then I get and endless "waiting for reply" from the browser & cannot contact the site for some minutes.

Perhaps it's a time-out/kick-off thing?
that's what happens to me when I post in the Quick Reply window.
I also have to wait longer for the the window to come up when i click on edit then i used to have to wait.
Old 2009-01-22, 05:55 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

What browser and OS are you guys using? I'm not seeing any of this that you guys mention.

Old 2009-01-22, 06:44 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

IE 7.

My normal browsing behaviour is: hit New Posts, open several tabs from one page, let them loading while hitting the New Posts' next page, and on and on. Usually I don't let more than, say, 12 pages loading, to not choak the line.

Then, happens more or less, what speps commented: when using Quick Reply, switch to another tab, post again, check some other tab, or the previous one with the Live ajax thing running,... then all the page requests awaiting to complete seem to be "choaked" and waiting for ever to complete.

To overcome this (happened twice or trice today) I close the browser & open a new one to contact the site again.

(sorry for the headache reading this, U2L. )

PS: I have my suspicions on the "Live Topic" feature.
Old 2009-01-22, 06:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
PS: I have my suspicions on the "Live Topic" feature.
That would be my suspicion too. I know some users have had issues with it when using IE, but usually the issue was just that live topic didn't work. Period. I know the guy who wrote the mod is still fixing little bugs in it, so maybe his next revision will fix whatever it is you are noticing. I'll let you know when I install the next version and maybe you can let me know if things got better or worse.

Old 2009-01-22, 07:20 PM
433.71 GB/433.00 GB/1.00

Happened again when trying to post the third message. Workaround: opening a new browser, so yes, maybe is the Ajax bit what is annoying IE.

Thanks for caring, Lynne

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions