The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-10-11, 06:49 AM
68.40 GB/134.72 GB/1.97

HELP!!

For some reason I can not hook up to this site at home. I use to be able to, but now I can't. I know the site is working because I can get at work. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Please e-mail me a help trick @ [email protected] or I will look at work tomorrow. Thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-10-11, 09:26 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

Re: HELP!!

Quote:
2007-10-03 - Continued dos and how NOT to get your IP blocked from TTD

Because of continued denial of service attacks on our server, we have to take some necessary steps to curtail this activity. We have found that sometimes legitimate users are getting banned from the site. Please make sure your bittorrent client is set to obey our tracker interval and does not pound our server. If you do happen to get blocked from the site (in which case you will not be able to see the site), please contact us at thetradersden at gmail dot com and provide your IP so we may unblock you.
from the front page.
please run a malware scan on your workstation at home.
You would have to seriously hammer the site for the 'ban' to kick in.
Old 2007-10-11, 10:04 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I've unblocked you, but as Craig says, you need to find out why you were banned. The only way you would get banned is if you seriously hammered the site. Make sure you are using a good bittorrent client and that you have not set it to ignore the recommended tracker interval set by our tracker.

Old 2007-10-11, 12:26 PM
68.40 GB/134.72 GB/1.97

Thanks for unblocking me. I need to know what a malware scan is? What does "hammered the site" mean? I did download alot of the new Van Halen shows and they are still in my bittorrent(6 shows I think). Could this be the problem?
Old 2007-10-11, 12:33 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'm not familiar with the bittorrent version you are using (I can only get up to 4.27.2 on my Mac), but you might want to look in your preferences and make sure there is nothing in there about bypassing the tracker interval.

Old 2007-10-11, 01:09 PM
Tubular
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

That version of Mainline is unreliable, www.dimeadozen.org has banned 4.22 and up. Could explain it. uTorrent or Azureus are much better clients. uTorrent uses the least amount of CPU.
Old 2007-10-11, 07:09 PM
68.40 GB/134.72 GB/1.97

I am going to try utorrent. Thank again for all the advise you guys rock.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble