The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-02-12, 10:37 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Site Upgrade last Monday - list problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren Johnson View Post
Booo. Everything is moving in SLOW MO. Takes way too long to do anything . Way too much going on. Server is too busy. If it aint' broke, Don't fix it. O'well.... just gonna take a little longer ...I'll wait. Your still the best.....
Server load hasn't changed at all. In fact, it's better than ever because they have optimized the code quite a bit in the last two major revisions. What exactly is taking so long to do?

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-02-13, 07:49 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Same here, lots of peers and no seeds.
Old 2009-02-13, 09:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I didn't do a think to the tracker when we upgraded. It's still exactly the same.

Old 2009-02-13, 09:47 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Well, in every peer list where I'm seeding I'm now appearing twice. Although I'm thinking the LZ Bristol Colston Hall might be slowing things down. There seems to be a *lot* of people on that one and it is not moving much at all. Probably because the seeder is firewalled (?).

On a side note, I got the Morrissey show last night but is now saying that it is a 0% while I'm listening to it now. Never had any problems with the software that I'm using, might be my ISP. Restarted the whole thing twice today.
Old 2009-02-13, 11:16 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

The Bristol Colston show has a lot of leechers. It will move slowly because of that. I don't see you listed twice on any torrents. If you don't close your bt client properly, or you have it set to constantly change ports, you will show up on the list twice until the cleaner comes along and deletes the ghost listing.

Old 2009-02-15, 09:34 AM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

I used to be able to tell easily what torrents I had looked at previously because they would be a lighter color and the non-looked at were bold. Now they are all the same, so I have no idea where I left off. It is more clicks to view just audio torrents beyond the "10 most recent", but I think I've figured that out. Change is always inconvenient, unless it is a dramatic upgrade, just because you have to think a little more.
Old 2009-02-15, 10:23 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Nothing has changed in how threads are marked. When you come onto the site and go to the ABT or VBT forums (or any forum), the threads in bold are all threads that have new messages since the last time you were here. Are you not seeing any threads in bold any longer?

Just to clarify, I didn't upgrade the site simply because I felt like it or because I wanted some new features. The version we were running, 3.6.x has been deemed 'end-of-life' which means we don't get any more security updates for it. And that means that as the hackers are continually trying to figure out new ways to deface sites, if there is a security hole in a 3.6.x version, it will not be addressed for that series. Patches will come out for the 3.7.x series, and the 3.8.x series, but not the one we were running.

Old 2009-02-15, 04:52 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Whatever, Lynne. We know you just wanted to be part of the "cool" group at vbulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2009-02-15, 05:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer View Post
Whatever, Lynne. We know you just wanted to be part of the "cool" group at vbulletin.
You know it - I wanna relive my high school days!

Old 2009-02-16, 09:49 AM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

No, the difference is that now all the threads are bold all the time. I have even tried looking at several, logging off, then immediately logging back on just to see what I just finished looking at and all threads are still bold. This holds wheether I am logged on at home or at work. It's not really a big deal, I was just pointing out a difference as a result of the change because there are often unanticipated results from software upgrades. Sometimes they can be changed, sometimes you just need to get used to it because it is now different. Just providing feedback.

[quote=U2Lynne;1093768]Nothing has changed in how threads are marked. When you come onto the site and go to the ABT or VBT forums (or any forum), the threads in bold are all threads that have new messages since the last time you were here. Are you not seeing any threads in bold any longer?
Old 2009-02-16, 10:37 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcom2 View Post
No, the difference is that now all the threads are bold all the time. I have even tried looking at several, logging off, then immediately logging back on just to see what I just finished looking at and all threads are still bold. This holds wheether I am logged on at home or at work. It's not really a big deal, I was just pointing out a difference as a result of the change because there are often unanticipated results from software upgrades. Sometimes they can be changed, sometimes you just need to get used to it because it is now different. Just providing feedback.
Very strange. You are the first to bring this up (it's not happening to me). Have you tried clearing the cookies for the site and clearing your cache and then logging in again and seeing if that fixes it? Or, select Quick Links > Mark Forums Read and see if that fixes it.

Also, what browser are you using? And what style (bottom left corner). Try changing the style and see if it is still happening with another style.

Old 2009-02-16, 11:30 AM
On the Beach
666.18 GB/1.29 TB/1.99

its not happening here either.. bold if not read, regular text if I've visited/read the thread.
the issue is not on the server-side, sorry valcom.
Old 2009-02-17, 09:22 AM
45.97 GB/9.85 GB/0.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Very strange. You are the first to bring this up (it's not happening to me). Have you tried clearing the cookies for the site and clearing your cache and then logging in again and seeing if that fixes it? Or, select Quick Links > Mark Forums Read and see if that fixes it.

Also, what browser are you using? And what style (bottom left corner). Try changing the style and see if it is still happening with another style.
I was in the TTD default. Tried all the others with no change. Tried the Mark Forums Read, also no change. I will try clearing cache and cookies when I get home, don't want to alter that at work. One thought, I am color blind so if the change is more a subtle color change now rather than a very light vs very dark text change, it is possible I simply cannot see it now.
Old 2009-02-17, 09:26 AM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post

I was in the TTD default. Tried all the others with no change. Tried the Mark Forums Read, also no change. I will try clearing cache and cookies when I get home, don't want to alter that at work. One thought, I am color blind so if the change is more a subtle color change now rather than a very light vs very dark text change, it is possible I simply cannot see it now.
I'm wondering if your browser is set to ignore style changes.

Can you check
Internet Options > General Tab > Accessibility
and uncheck all 4 options?

then close all browser sessions, reboot, and try again?
Old 2009-02-17, 09:36 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
I didn't change any colors at all - the style and all css for it was left the same. If you hit New Posts - do you get some huge list or just a couple of threads? If just a couple of threads, then the data regarding what is read and what isn't is being saved just fine.

Read and unread threads will only show in the forums, not on the torrents.php page. You are talking about in the Audio or Video Torrents forums page, right?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions