The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-09, 08:41 AM
2.46 GB/6.91 GB/2.81

anyone interested in this?

would anyone want me to upload a dub i did of a joy division bootleg 12"? it was done with nice equipment and edited with nice software. it's already in flac form for storage purposes and it's just maxxin and relaxin on my hard drive. let me know.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-09, 08:47 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Re: anyone interested in this?

Could you please post the exact lineage?

Thanks
Old 2005-07-09, 09:05 AM
2.46 GB/6.91 GB/2.81

lineage goes as follows to the best of my ability.

studio/reel to reel (probably)/fm broadcast -> ?? -> jd house of dolls 12" -> audigy 2 soundcard -> creative recording software (came with the soundcard) (this is what i used to record from auxiliary 2) -> adobe audition (track splitting) -> FLAC frontend -> FLAC level 6. (i didn't generate fingerprints, i didn't use eac to rip anything, but if i need fingerprints, i can do that. and if it needs to be level 8 or anything else, i can do that)

sorry if i'm retarded. just try to have patience. i'm still getting used to being so exact, and knowing the sources/methods, etc. with that said, i don't have much info with this album. i've managed to find it on the net once before, but it didn't help me out too well. the tracks are all from different sources. some mixes are unreleased, some are only on video, some sound quite awful, not the dubs, but the actual songs, the recording quality for the live songs was very poor. i don't know too much about this as i've already said. but it's the joy division house of dolls lp on eis aiona records with a limited pressing of 500 i think.
Old 2005-07-09, 09:13 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzke
sorry if i'm retarded. just try to have patience. i'm still getting used to being so exact, and knowing the sources/methods, etc. with that said, i don't have much info with this album. i've managed to find it on the net once before, but it didn't help me out too well. the tracks are all from different sources. some mixes are unreleased, some are only on video, some sound quite awful, not the dubs, but the actual songs, the recording quality for the live songs was very poor. i don't know too much about this as i've already said. but it's the joy division house of dolls lp on eis aiona records with a limited pressing of 500 i think.
Thanks. The lineage is what's important here at TTD. I'm still getting used to the way things work here too. Let's wait for Five or someone else who knows what's what and see what they say.

We have patience with our members here (even if they're retarded), so don't worry about it
Old 2005-07-09, 09:45 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

we need more JD on here...

looks okay to me, i prolly woulda recorded with Audition instead of the other, but...Five can tell ya fer sure.
Old 2005-07-09, 11:16 AM
2.46 GB/6.91 GB/2.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
we need more JD on here...
i need to get a bootlist going, and a site. could anyone help me pick out a free hosting service? i'm not too snazzy at html, but i can make it work. i'm just clueless as to how to start on an actual free site that doesn't fill the viewer's screen with popups and mp3 downloads and whatnot.

i have 2 more jd boots, and i need more. i'm not just collecting these things. i live off of them.

i think i have a cure bootleg 7" that i could dub too if the jd one gets accepted by the mod/admin folks. it'll be done on my stereo this time instead of my neighbor's fancy setup. he has a $500 needle and an audiophile turntable. my needle cost somewhere around $50 and my turntable is a good reliable technics. same soundcard. same software. i could make the change and dub with audition/soundforge/etc, instead of the creative program. just an idea.

anyhow, jd boots

(1979) 08-02-1979, London, England @ Prince Of Wales Conference Centre, YMCA (FLAC)

(2004) 02-29-1980, London, Eng, UK @ Lyceum Ballroom - No More Ceremonies (FLAC)

both have the proper lineage i believe. they were from easytree.org
Old 2005-07-09, 11:24 AM
Utterly Bastard Groovy
75.55 GB/92.04 GB/1.22

Need to find out what the track is. This is what I found reference to:

http://members.aol.com/lwtua/H6.htm

Only track 8 - 'Love will tear us apart' from the video would be a definite no-no IMHO. The rest is borderline I'd say. Chances are that most of the studio stuff has been released. The Amsterdam gig has been floating about for ages and I think there is a complete transfer on CD somewhere. At least I remember it from STG. These are the scans from the site mentioned:

Up to the moderators to decide if they will permit it not.
Old 2005-07-09, 12:16 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

has t8 ever been officially released (for sale) as video/audio with that mix? It probably has, but if it hasn't it can be included. Also t3 and t6 should be removed since 1) they're sourced from official releases and 2) probably don't even feature any JD members!

t9 is available on the official heart and soul box set and should be removed unless it is the version featuring the unreleased final verse (see note 2) then it should be included.

The lineage looks great. Please be sure there are no SBEs, of course. If you don't know how to check for this I can show you.

Also it is worthwhile to do a bit more research to see if the other tracks are available in traders' circles from a better non-vinyl source, if at all possible. Most vinyl-sourced stuff is available in better quality elsewhere, but some is not.

JD is great, there used to be tons of it on STG I wonder where all the NO/JD traders have gone?

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2005-07-09, 12:39 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
JD is great, there used to be tons of it on STG I wonder where all the NO/JD traders have gone?
i've got a few of the ones that were on STG...
-- Studio Sessions (possible ’84 boot “Atmosphere”--track1: 1979-06-04, track2-3: 1979-07-??)
-- 1979-08-11 Eric's, Liverpool
-- 1980-02-08 Univ. of London
-- 1980-11-01 Paradiso, Amsterdam

they were a few more, but can't remember which

rfranzke--you should check over at db.etree.org for the JD stuff thats listed...might find a better or alternate source.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble